User Controls

We should have a news forum.

LegalizeSpiritualDiscovery Space Nigga [my yellow-marked arboreous hypnotist]
    I know discussion of recent events can usually fit in SG, but it seems they're rarely posted in there. The only time people discuss things like that seems to be when it's something huge that's all over every news network and all over the Internet. I think having a forum specifically dedicated to discussing the news and current events would foster a lot more actual discussion rather than the generic threads we get that mostly devolve into shitposting (thanks to me).

Most threads in SG are just about random thoughts or things going on in the poster's life. I think a news forum would be good for discussion. As of right now, I only ever really see discussion of news on Reddit, but that site is so big and arranged by updoots, so I rarely feel like actually contributing to the discussion with those fags and mostly just lurk, but I'd be more likely to discuss a news article with the fags here.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    ^MASSIVE HOMOSEXUAL!!
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by mmQ ^MASSIVE HOMOSEXUAL!!

^TINY HOMOSEXUAL!

This comes up a fair bit, not sure why we don't have one and I don't think Lanny's ever specifically answered. I usually dump news in Humanities or Politics, both forums that get a lot less use than a news forum would
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by aldra ^TINY HOMOSEXUAL!

This comes up a fair bit, not sure why we don't have one and I don't think Lanny's ever specifically answered. I usually dump news in Humanities or Politics, both forums that get a lot less use than a news forum would

Submit a pull tho
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Why do they always say, "used by over xxx devices"? Why not, "used by under xxx devices"? Why does it always have to be over? How do they know it's not just under? Seems kinds of prejudicial right off the bat to me, to automatically assume it's over. I mean, if you don't know the exact number, how can you know it's over how many you don't even know how many that is?
    Originally posted by mmQ Submit a pull tho

You don't even know what a fuckin pull is
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon You don't even know what a fuckin pull is

Pull requests let you tell others about changes you've pushed to a GitHub repository. Once a pull request is sent, interested parties can review the set of changes, discuss potential modifications, and even push follow-up commits if necessary.

THANK YEWWW
    Originally posted by mmQ Pull requests let you tell others about changes you've pushed to a GitHub repository. Once a pull request is sent, interested parties can review the set of changes, discuss potential modifications, and even push follow-up commits if necessary.

THANK YEWWW

Nice Google
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon Nice Google

I've had that memorized for many years.
    Originally posted by mmQ I've had that memorized for many years.

I believe you.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Alright so I went ahead and put in a pull request to let Lan-E know about the changes I've pushed to his GitHub repository.

Now that my pull request is sent, interested parties (hopefully LAN) can review my set of changes, discuss potential modifications, and even push follow-up commits if necessary.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon

Oh good he must have already received it.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Houston... The Pull has landed.
    bemp
    No
    Stop
    IN THE NAAAAAAME OF LOVE
    Go
Jump to Top