User Controls

Anybody here watch Bojack Horseman? [s4 spoilers]

I finished up s4 last night and wow. It actually ended on a happy note. That was kind of nice. I feel like this was the best season so far, a lot of good things happened. Bojack actually seems like he's getting better and is now helping people instead of destroying them. His mom's backstory was pretty brutal too and kind of made me see her as less of a cunt and more of a victim (but still very much a cunt.)

Diane and Mr. Peanutbutter need to break the fuck up though. That "I'm so tired of squinting" line was fucking great. Also Bojack's grandpa had some great lines like "It'll always be here, just like blackface and polio." Bojack's inner monologue of him calling himself a piece of shit was great too.

Really though, this show is REALLY GOOD at character growth, especially for a cartoon. Anybody else watch this show?

Post last edited by 霍比特人说中文不好 at 2017-09-11T13:40:47.631544+00:00
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    actually just downloaded the fourth season, haven't watched it yet - I enjoyed the rest though. maybe I should rewatch the older ones before I get into 4
    Originally posted by aldra actually just downloaded the fourth season, haven't watched it yet - I enjoyed the rest though. maybe I should rewatch the older ones before I get into 4

I thought of doing that too but nothing really happened that didn't come flooding back once it was relevant. Guess it depends on how long ago you watched s1-3 though. I really feel that it's the most satisfying season yet though, let me know what you think.
    RestStop Space Nigga
    It's the type of show where it would be horrifically depressing if it weren't for the animal characters. I like the story and the animation and the overall look though. Todd is my favorite. It's comforting knowing someone else is out there laying around doing nothing at the same time as me.
    Originally posted by RestStop It's the type of show where it would be horrifically depressing if it weren't for the animal characters. I like the story and the animation and the overall look though. Todd is my favorite. It's comforting knowing someone else is out there laying around doing nothing at the same time as me.

I take it you haven't gotten far into the show?
    RestStop Space Nigga
    Originally posted by 霍比特人说中文不好 I take it you haven't gotten far into the show?

I watched the first season...maybe started the second..this was back when I was a severe alcoholic..so it's been a while...so yes...that's my long way of saying yes.
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    I've been watching it on and off

The thing is I had a dream about the show before it ever came out.

It was Bojack at a diner with a bird
    Esplender Tuskegee Airman [my gynecological profit-maximising katar]
    I've watched up to either season 2 or 3. Where whatshisname gets rescued from the cult ship.
    Will at least one of you jugglers finish up S4 so we can talk about it?
    Originally posted by 霍比特人说中文不好 Will at least one of you jugglers finish up S4 so we can talk about it?

I've been trying to decide if I like Rick & Morty instead
    Originally posted by aldra I've been trying to decide if I like Rick & Morty instead

You don't already know? Rick and Morty is seriously my favorite show. It's like the synthetic cannabinoid version of Futurama.
    RestStop Space Nigga
    Originally posted by 霍比特人说中文不好 You don't already know? Rick and Morty is seriously my favorite show. It's like the synthetic cannabinoid version of Futurama.

I've always strongly disliked Futurama. Just never found it entertaining or funny but to each his own. Lord knows I like weird ass shit no one else does. Rick and Morty is some top grade shit though.
    I mean, Futurama isn't a show you watch to go laugh your ass off at. It's just funnier than Family Guy and wittier than South Park. I like to watch it when I work out. I usually get at least a chuckle per episode.

What do you think about It's Always Sunny tho?
    Originally posted by 霍比特人说中文不好 You don't already know? Rick and Morty is seriously my favorite show. It's like the synthetic cannabinoid version of Futurama.

it's got some good jokes and plotlines, but a lot of it just seems to be LOLL!! RANDOM nonsense. all the swearing seems forced and edgy too.
    Originally posted by aldra it's got some good jokes and plotlines, but a lot of it just seems to be LOLL!! RANDOM nonsense. all the swearing seems forced and edgy too.

I mean, it gives some very good reasons for the randomness. Kind of fits in with the underlying theme of there being multiple universes and dimensions. I think it deals with the randomness nicely. If it didn't have the underlying theme there it would definitely be odd.

The swearing is a lot better if you listen to the censored version. I can't stand it not censored tbh.
    RestStop Space Nigga
    Originally posted by 霍比特人说中文不好 I mean, Futurama isn't a show you watch to go laugh your ass off at. It's just funnier than Family Guy and wittier than South Park. I like to watch it when I work out. I usually get at least a chuckle per episode.

Yeah Always Sunny in Philadelphia is some good stuff. Obviously some episodes are way better than others. For example I like the "The gang gets quarantined" or something like that pretty well. Those types of shows where someone goes off the deep end and it's just good ol fashioned comedy. The one where Charlie takes a smart drug is a good one too. Charlie is by far my favorite for some reason. I guess because he gets so upset and agitated really easy.
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    Originally posted by 霍比特人说中文不好 I mean, Futurama isn't a show you watch to go laugh your ass off at. It's just funnier than Family Guy and wittier than South Park. I like to watch it when I work out. I usually get at least a chuckle per episode.

I think one of the actors looks like my old youth pastor
Jump to Top