User Controls

My PC Beeped

SBTlauien African Astronaut
    So it's never done that while just running. It only beeps one time when I power it on. It just randomly beeped one time. No errors.

What could it be?
    NARCassist gollums fat coach

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by SBTlauien So it's never done that while just running. It only beeps one time when I power it on. It just randomly beeped one time. No errors.

What could it be?

spectral is hacking into your machine
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Could be one of your RAM chips is coming loose out of the slot. Or your temperature could have momentarily exceeded a threshold set in your BIOS.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Probably just saying hi.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    there could be a mouse trapped inside. you should stuff some food into the vents for him so he don't go hungry.

Looks like SpecraL wins this one.

Originally posted by -SpectraL Could be one of your RAM chips is coming loose out of the slot. Or your temperature could have momentarily exceeded a threshold set in your BIOS.

It was hot last night so that could be it. I think I should clean it out as well.

I built it like 4-5 years ago, so maybe it's some hardware. On average, how long on average will a PC go from fresh build to issues?
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by SBTlauien Looks like SpecraL wins this one.

It was hot last night so that could be it. I think I should clean it out as well.

I built it like 4-5 years ago, so maybe it's some hardware. On average, how long on average will a PC go from fresh build to issues?

that depends on race, sex, social background, etc etc
    Originally posted by SBTlauien On average, how long on average will a PC go from fresh build to issues?

I've had mine running since 1986 with no issues.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Firing the system bell is pretty normal in a boot sequence, up to the BIOS to do it or not usually. Don't know why it would start if it wasn't doing it before. Did you change anything with the BIOS config?
    Username Yung Blood [identifiably fuddle this waterdog]
    Originally posted by -SpectraL I've had mine running since 1986 with no issues.

a calculator is not a computer, silly.
    Originally posted by Username a calculator is not a computer, silly.

You don't scare me.
    Could be the CPU paste has dried out, or the power supply/fan is full of gunk, but most likely it's one of your RAM chips only making tenuous contact with the channel, or some gunk has gotten into some of the RAM pin contacts there. Could also be bad sectors on the hard drive developing.
    Originally posted by Lanny Firing the system bell is pretty normal in a boot sequence, up to the BIOS to do it or not usually. Don't know why it would start if it wasn't doing it before. Did you change anything with the BIOS config?

I haven't changed anything. It only did it that one time though. It hasn't beeped since that time. I was running some new software that uses a mathimatical library(similar to Matlab) on a hot summer night. I'm assumming it was heat, but I'm going to clean her out in a couple of days and check the ram sticks.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    dont fix a something that aint broke.
    Originally posted by benny vader dont fix a something that aint broke.

I'm just cleaning her out.
    LegalizeSpiritualDiscovery Space Nigga [my yellow-marked arboreous hypnotist]
    Hold down like five or more keys at once and see if it does it again. If it does, you're a fag.
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    Originally posted by benny vader spectral is hacking into your machine

That God damn speccy with his special tactics.
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    Originally posted by billyoboyo

What a fancy.
Jump to Top