User Controls

I actually miss Zoklet

Mostly because the internet is so shitty now. I hate social media for obvious reasons, reddit and youtube are full of faggots and chans are bullshit, everyone has the same username and you can't tell them apart because they're all autistic.

Zoklet was a pretty lame spinoff of toste but it was actually entertaining for a while.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    It had the most popular clandestine chemistry subforum for years.
    EasyDoesIt Tuskegee Airman
    You guys are largely to blame.

Not you two personally, but I remember when this all first started on Totse. I kept saying they had to clean stuff up around 2006, and everybody told me I was a douche. Everybody told me it was going to last forever. I said that the glory days were over and that the user base was going to destroy the website with their bullshit. Spectral is crazy, but he was right beside me saying the same things. We were absolutely correct because, within a few years, Jeff shut the website down because the user base wasn't worth the trouble anymore.

Same thing happened on Zoklet. Everybody cried about how they wanted something better. They wanted Totse. I tried to get a library started. Most people scoffed, some people contributed, but most of the site was the same pathetic shitposting that comprised Zoklet circa 2007. You guys would give refuge to sploo, Xpoast, BlingBling, and all these other shitposters who would just spam the site with their illegible bullshit and butthurt drama. Then once we finally got some serious Zoklet Library collections started and Parker Brother was working into programming the stuff into the site - one of you dipshits releases all of Zok's personal information. Everything about his health status, where he works, where he kids go to school - it was all out there. Big surprise: the site shut down, and I watched you fuckheads fragment into a few crappier sites.

You had Tranny HC45 Randy Airlines or whatever his deal was open longlivezoklet (great name, douchegnome), which sucked. Literally the only content was created by psychomanthis, because he's one of the few people who says he wants to contribute to a society of learners and walks the walk. Eventually RDFRN happened, it was moderated relatively hands off. There's potential and a community there, so a few of us start working on articles. I was outlining three different Cyber Forensic textbooks under the guidance of a college professor in order to release an updated text on Cyber Forensics and not even three weeks into the project you fucking assholes did the exact same thing. Someone gets a hold of Idio's personal information (including the information of his wife and kids) and claims he's going to release it unless the site is shut down. I post in the closing thread (yet again) with a huge fucking "I TOLD YOU SO." You cried that it wasn't good enough and how you wanted it to be something great, yet you contributed nothing and applauded at the people who destroy the site.

And then you dickheads have the audacity to blame idio for keeping not keeping it open. You guys are right - he should have let the address of his wife and kids float around the worst recesses of the internet so you assholes could have a place to post "OH NO I'M ON BALLER PROBATION WITH THE BUTTHOLE POLICE." Fuck you all, I would have done the same thing and pulled the plug. MmQ was even volunteering to host the site at the end just for the sake of keeping it alive, but they insisted it be shut down.

It's already starting here. You now finally have the zero moderation you morons spent over a decade crying for, and everyone's already complaining about starting new sites, taking control, and bellyaching about how you want something better.

Well congratulations assholes. Enjoy the castle of shit you fucking deserve. Practically nobody valuable will come here because we have almost nothing to offer. Haven't you retards noticed that every version of "totse" has less and less of the community than the last rendition of it? You've lost basically everybody. As you should, because what does this website offer? The same four guys talking about computer science, the three of us who signed up to play chess, and three people talking about philosophy. These good threads usually have the same few posters in them. Everything else is racist bullshit, a few try-hards using this website as an instrument to feed their relentless need for attention, a homeless asshole spamming in broken English about meth every five seconds, and everyone else complaining that the site barely works. Like I said, I appreciate the fact that Lanny left this open for us, but I think almost 12+ years of this bullshit has adjusted my expectations pretty realistically about the future of this website and community.

Just get over it. Totse is the first girl we ever dated. We loved it, it was interesting, we learned a lot, there was a genuine connection, and everything about it was perfect. But the problem is that you guys let your memory cloud the reality of what it really was. Most of us were younger and life in general was just more interesting. I can't even get a decent "post an interesting story about literally anything" thread going in this heap.

I'm already over it. My job kinda sucks but I've been accepted to school, I have friends, I get laid more than I should, I have a close family, I have hobbies, I belong to clubs, and I've amassed a small library in my house. I'm always learning and I'm happy Totse was a part of that, but I'm an adult now and have a life. Some of you guys need to move on and realize that this "great community" or whatever you make the people on this website to be would be the first watch you kill yourself on tinychat and laugh about it.

It's not just the userbase, though. The ability to attract dedicated people to a forum with the promises of fringe knowledge isn't appealing anymore. People want youtube, they want honey boo boo, they want videos and bright flashy pictures.

Light a candle guys. It's over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ElL8hdQD_4
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    One day, zok came into Mods&Admins. Wires was with him. All the royalty were assembled. Zok then decreed that mods were no longer permitted to remain mods if they wanted to speak out against any of the staff members, including zok and wires. Those staff who persisted and still wished to speak their mind negatively against the dictatorship in public threads could expect to be removed forthwith. Three mods quit outright (myself included). Zok removed us within hours for having the audacity to rebel. The War had begun. Many would die.
    One day, zok came into Mods&Admins. Wires was with him. All the royalty were assembled. Zok then decreed that mods were no longer permitted to remain mods if they wanted to speak out against any of the staff members, including zok and wires. Those staff who persisted and still wished to speak their mind negatively against the dictatorship in public threads could expect to be removed forthwith. Three mods quit outright (myself included). Zok removed us within hours for having the audacity to rebel. The War had begun. Many would die.

Lol are you high man?
    Jared Fogle Yung Blood
    Zoklet began to die when the dumbass mods started coddling tacho and banning any member that posted the tacho train.
    Lol are you high man?

That shit actually happened though. -SpectraL hacked Zok with a graphing calculator and released all his PI to the masses in retaliation. Speckles has killed pretty much every one of these sites since then because they never live up to his idealistic vision for the site. -SpectraL is the one who knocks.

Not you two personally, but I remember when this all first started on Totse. I kept saying they had to clean stuff up around 2006, and everybody told me I was a douche. Everybody told me it was going to last forever. I said that the glory days were over and that the user base was going to destroy the website with their bullshit. Spectral is crazy, but he was right beside me saying the same things. We were absolutely correct because, within a few years, Jeff shut the website down because the user base wasn't worth the trouble anymore.

Same thing happened on Zoklet. Everybody cried about how they wanted something better. They wanted Totse. I tried to get a library started. Most people scoffed, some people contributed, but most of the site was the same pathetic shitposting that comprised Zoklet circa 2007. You guys would give refuge to sploo, Xpoast, BlingBling, and all these other shitposters who would just spam the site with their illegible bullshit and butthurt drama. Then once we finally got some serious Zoklet Library collections started and Parker Brother was working into programming the stuff into the site - one of you dipshits releases all of Zok's personal information. Everything about his health status, where he works, where he kids go to school - it was all out there. Big surprise: the site shut down, and I watched you fuckheads fragment into a few crappier sites.

You had Tranny HC45 Randy Airlines or whatever his deal was open longlivezoklet (great name, douchegnome), which sucked. Literally the only content was created by psychomanthis, because he's one of the few people who says he wants to contribute to a society of learners and walks the walk. Eventually RDFRN happened, it was moderated relatively hands off. There's potential and a community there, so a few of us start working on articles. I was outlining three different Cyber Forensic textbooks under the guidance of a college professor in order to release an updated text on Cyber Forensics and not even three weeks into the project you fucking assholes did the exact same thing. Someone gets a hold of Idio's personal information (including the information of his wife and kids) and claims he's going to release it unless the site is shut down. I post in the closing thread (yet again) with a huge fucking "I TOLD YOU SO." You cried that it wasn't good enough and how you wanted it to be something great, yet you contributed nothing and applauded at the people who destroy the site.

And then you dickheads have the audacity to blame idio for keeping not keeping it open. You guys are right - he should have let the address of his wife and kids float around the worst recesses of the internet so you assholes could have a place to post "OH NO I'M ON BALLER PROBATION WITH THE BUTTHOLE POLICE." Fuck you all, I would have done the same thing and pulled the plug. MmQ was even volunteering to host the site at the end just for the sake of keeping it alive, but they insisted it be shut down.

It's already starting here. You now finally have the zero moderation you morons spent over a decade crying for, and everyone's already complaining about starting new sites, taking control, and bellyaching about how you want something better.

Well congratulations assholes. Enjoy the castle of shit you fucking deserve. Practically nobody valuable will come here because we have almost nothing to offer. Haven't you retards noticed that every version of "totse" has less and less of the community than the last rendition of it? You've lost basically everybody. As you should, because what does this website offer? The same four guys talking about computer science, the three of us who signed up to play chess, and three people talking about philosophy. These good threads usually have the same few posters in them. Everything else is racist bullshit, a few try-hards using this website as an instrument to feed their relentless need for attention, a homeless asshole spamming in broken English about meth every five seconds, and everyone else complaining that the site barely works. Like I said, I appreciate the fact that Lanny left this open for us, but I think almost 12+ years of this bullshit has adjusted my expectations pretty realistically about the future of this website and community.

Just get over it. Totse is the first girl we ever dated. We loved it, it was interesting, we learned a lot, there was a genuine connection, and everything about it was perfect. But the problem is that you guys let your memory cloud the reality of what it really was. Most of us were younger and life in general was just more interesting. I can't even get a decent "post an interesting story about literally anything" thread going in this heap.

I'm already over it. My job kinda sucks but I've been accepted to school, I have friends, I get laid more than I should, I have a close family, I have hobbies, I belong to clubs, and I've amassed a small library in my house. I'm always learning and I'm happy Totse was a part of that, but I'm an adult now and have a life. Some of you guys need to move on and realize that this "great community" or whatever you make the people on this website to be would be the first watch you kill yourself on tinychat and laugh about it.

It's not just the userbase, though. The ability to attract dedicated people to a forum with the promises of fringe knowledge isn't appealing anymore. People want youtube, they want honey boo boo, they want videos and bright flashy pictures.

Didn't Read all of it but the gist is we are all Assholes.

To be fair, this isn't such a bad thing. I would not be averse to the use of an instructional video series format to convey information... maybe I should just start a totse youtube channel... "making meth with HTS!".

Maybe not youtube, but I'm surprised nobody has made a cooking show like this yet...
    …hacked Zok with a graphing calculator…
    It was actually one of those turkey things you stick in its ass end to see if it's ready, but yeah...
    It was actually one of those turkey things you stick in its ass end to see if it's ready, but yeah…

A... thermometer? Your skills never cease to amaze me.
    A… thermometer? Your skills never cease to amaze me.

No, no. The thermometer measures temperature. This one measures how gaping wide the asshole is. The more gaping it is, the more you know its ready.
    Fucking Randy Airlines... Fuck. That was funny. I totally forgot about that. Did we make fun of it for that or did it just never show up again? The video is coming back vividly right now. I can't comprehend why you would upload a video like that to the internet.
    Mostly because the internet is so shitty now. I hate social media for obvious reasons, reddit and youtube are full of faggots and chans are bullshit, everyone has the same username and you can't tell them apart because they're all autistic.

Zoklet was a pretty lame spinoff of toste but it was actually entertaining for a while.
    Get more involved here then. The thread about §m£ÂgØL's baby was fun because some of you assholes actually posted in it. We'll get Lanny to let Oplus fix the bugs so the site works better and then we will have the bestest of times.
    …yet you contributed nothing and applauded at the people who destroy the site.

For the record, I never once applauded the destruction of any of the sites or any of the cowardly perpetrators involved in it. I simply commented how predictable and natural the developments really were. Here we had people running those sites who really didn't give a rat's ass about Community, they liked to boast about they owned Community and could do whatever they wanted with it, and they just loved to bugle the notion that nobody else's opinion mattered but theirs. They were warned again and again about how their house of jokers would eventually come crashing down around them, and then it happened. I actually found it quite just and ironic. The fuckers finally get fucked themselves, and right up the ass, too. As I stated all along, nobody should contribute a single thing to a corrupt platform - that would only be helping the senseless assholes. You don't build the foundation of a house on sand and then start adding millions of dollars of additions overhead. That would make absolutely no sense, no matter how you look at it. They asked for it every single step of the way, and you know what? They got exactly what was coming to them. What they deserved. Them and all their witty little enablers. Well, they ain't so witty now, are they?
    For the record, I never once applauded the destruction of any of the sites or any of the cowardly perpetrators involved in it. I simply commented how predictable and natural the developments really were. Here we had people running those sites who really didn't give a rat's ass about Community, they liked to boast about they owned Community and could do whatever they wanted with it, and they just loved to bugle the notion that nobody else's opinion mattered but theirs. They were warned again and again about how their house of jokers would eventually come crashing down around them, and then it happened. I actually found it quite just and ironic. The fuckers finally get fucked themselves, and right up the ass, too. As I stated all along, nobody should contribute a single thing to a corrupt platform - that would only be helping the senseless assholes. You don't build the foundation of a house on sand and then start adding millions of dollars of additions overhead. That would make absolutely no sense, no matter how you look at it. They asked for it every single step of the way, and you know what? They got exactly what was coming to them. What they deserved. Them and all their witty little enablers. Well, they ain't so witty now, are they?

I'm not accusing you of anything.

Also, the post was not to say "the userbase is all assholes." The post was basically that this is over and if we really care about the legacy we should let it die with dignity.
    -SpectraL, how can you say you never applauded it, in the same comment where you say: " I actually found it quite just and ironic. The fuckers finally get fucked themselves, and right up the ass, too. "

That sounds a lot like applause. It's just more of a whistle than a clap.
    What_a_Kreep Tuskegee Airman
    Zoklet was fun! I miss it too. I was kreepin on the site for about a year before I made an account. I know that this will get me some shit but RDFRN was fun too. It had quite a few interesting posters. I feel like there's not much posting going on here. But, I think with time this site could have some potential. As long as all the fuckin glitches are fixed.
    -SpectraL, how can you say you never applauded it, in the same comment where you say: " I actually found it quite just and ironic. The fuckers finally get fucked themselves, and right up the ass, too. "

That sounds a lot like applause. It's just more of a whistle than a clap.

It's not applause, it's satisfaction. There's a difference. If someone is always playing with guns and they finally shoot themselves, you don't applaud, but you see a certain ironic eventuality to it. You're not happy about it, but at the same time, you find a certain justice in it, just because it's good math. That's where I stand. They played with matches and they got burnt. I find that quite amusing.

Jump to Top