User Controls

What's your favorite underground

Comix

Adult Comic Book?

Mine is The Three Fury Freak Brothers. Also I do like Mr Natural.

did any of you hang out in weird underground comic book stores as a kid? was there always some smelly weird hippy chick in there or some old dude who kept looking at you breathing heavily or even just some hippy college students who smelled funny (which later you would realize was a mix of skunky B.O. and Skunky Pot?
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Comic book stores were long dead by the time I was old enough to want to go to one.

My favorite american comic is Preacher but I doubt it qualifies as being "underground" since it's a pretty popular series.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    You wouldn't have heard of the UG comix I read. The shit is deep. Polar opposite of viral and mainstream.
    DocFoster Tuskegee Airman [concentrate my unpalatable boomer]
    Bum around college towns and there are still comic shops. Just gotta look!
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    what is with you amerifags and comic books? you all like obsessed with em.

Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by NARCassist what is with you amerifags and comic books? you all like obsessed with em.

Relatively few americans read comic books these days, there was a commercial hayday around like, IDK, the 40s or 50s then it receded into a niche thing kids got picked on for, and now that it's cool to be nerdy it's something people pretend to do even though almost no one actually does.

Post last edited by Lanny at 2017-08-14T01:27:01.677118+00:00
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    Originally posted by Totse 2001 Comix

Adult Comic Book?

Mine is The Three Fury Freak Brothers. Also I do like Mr Natural.

did any of you hang out in weird underground comic book stores as a kid? was there always some smelly weird hippy chick in there or some old dude who kept looking at you breathing heavily or even just some hippy college students who smelled funny (which later you would realize was a mix of skunky B.O. and Skunky Pot?

thats cool hts told me the freak bros was an austin based comic. I like robert crumb and american splendor
    the only comic book store i went to ask a kid my mom would take my brother and I too to go by dbz cards and it was ran by some quiet asian lady and almost no one was in there except occasionally one fat dude that probably did smeel but we never got to close.

theres a comic book store down the street from me thats pretty rad, but its not your quintessential fat 35 year old virgin comic book store, its a bunch of young hipster kids

my gf went there the other day and bought a pizza cutter that makes noise when you cut the pizza... RETARD!
    Originally posted by Lanny Relatively few americans read comic books these days, there was a commercial hayday around like, IDK, the 40s or 50s then it receded into a niche thing kids got picked on for, and now that it's nerdy again it's something people pretend to do even though almost no one actually does.

this most people don't read comic books these days, its mainly "the big boom theory" kinda trendy geeks that go to comic book stores these days and collect them but don't read them, its almost on par with the anime geeks. to each their own. Like I said I like robert crumb but he's classic and I also like sexy losers but thats an online comic strip that i haven't read in like 15 years

oh yeah and the muricans that tend to be obessed with comix these days are also the normies that are into every DC/marvel movie that is churned out errrr other month like dead pool, cpt murica, spida man, and all that bullshit

SBTlauien African Astronaut
    I grew uo in late 80's/early 90's and even though I collected some comic books, I never read them.
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    Underground? Can't say.

I enjoy a Mad Magazine from time to time.
Jump to Top