User Controls

anyone ever tried ayahuasca?

how is it? what's the best way to ingest the syrian rue without causing nausea?
    I haven't, but ginger would probably work really well unless you've got anything better. I've never been failed by ginger. Though, you have to get the root. Don't settle for ginger ale because that shit is impotent. Half inch slice that's two inches in diameter is about what I usually use, but if you're using it to trip I suggest making a bunch of it and adding lemon and perhaps some real tea.

Note that it does numb your throat a lot when you've got strong ginger tea, so if you think that'll freak you out get some Zofran or something. You can also probably buy powdered ginger, or you can do what I do and chop it up into tiny cm chunks and swallow them like a handful of pills, but that might not be fun while tripping.
    Originally posted by 霍比特人说中文不好 I haven't, but ginger would probably work really well unless you've got anything better. I've never been failed by ginger. Though, you have to get the root. Don't settle for ginger ale because that shit is impotent. Half inch slice that's two inches in diameter is about what I usually use, but if you're using it to trip I suggest making a bunch of it and adding lemon and perhaps some real tea.

Note that it does numb your throat a lot when you've got strong ginger tea, so if you think that'll freak you out get some Zofran or something. You can also probably buy powdered ginger, or you can do what I do and chop it up into tiny cm chunks and swallow them like a handful of pills, but that might not be fun while tripping.

Yea I've used ginger before for opioids with great success. I've read about a method of making tea from the rue seeds and letting it sit for a couple days in the fridge to allow some sediment to form at the bottom, then pouring off the top part and using it. I may try that although they didn't seem to have any hard reasoning behind why that would work.
    When you say ginger though are you saying you've used it successfully with aya? I know it works for other nausea but I've heard the nausea from aya is insane.
    I just said I haven't.

Ayahuasca's nausea shouldn't be special (not saying anything about how strong it is.) The only reason I suggest it over zofran (which works better for me than ginger) or drugs like it, is because it is an 5-HT3 antagonist and may buzz out your trip a little. I do get a weird headspace when I use it. Kind of like an anti-psychotic feel.

So I'd say ginger is your best bet. Ayahuasca can also lower blood pressure, so some sugar and a walk would probably be a good idea as well if you're feeling nauseous. I can't promise you it'll make your symptoms go away completely, but it will definitely help. And if it's truly that bad, help is the best you can ask for.

Also not sure about the acidity of your brew, but I guess you could try Tums too or something. Might help, if only marginally.
    CASPER Soldier of Fourchin
    Pretty sure i still have some caapi and chakruna from Mother Gecko in a box in the garage somewhere. lol.
    Nausea and vomiting is said to be largely unavoidable with Ayahuasca and many consider vomiting an actual part of the experience, like a cleanse if you will. I think I've heard people refer to it as "the purge" and that once you vomit and get it over with the rest of the experience is very enjoyable.
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    Originally posted by Piles of Crack Nausea and vomiting is said to be largely unavoidable with Ayahuasca and many consider vomiting an actual part of the experience, like a cleanse if you will. I think I've heard people refer to it as "the purge" and that once you vomit and get it over with the rest of the experience is very enjoyable.

Spot on.
    CASPER Soldier of Fourchin
    La Purga, guey. Es importante para la experiencia.
    No, ayahuasca doesn't exist, it is an urban myth
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    I broke through on Yopo once.

was interesting and easy.
Jump to Top