User Controls

Have you ever rescued anything?

mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Figuratively or literally? A human trapped in a freezing lake? An animal trapped in a well? A human lost and without purpose? An deranged animal clueless as to his/her surroundings?

I HAVE.

Basically it was my own cat. About 5 years ago I lived on the top floor of a 2-story sort of ghettoish house converted into a series of apartments. It was me and my non-smoking alcoholic friend so we drank quite often together but as he didn't smoke he preferred me to smoke by the open window at the back of our living room. My cat liked to hang out there and I guess one night we or I was just drunk and oblivious to the fact that she went out of the window onto the roof and I ultimately closed the window and never knew, eventually passing out. It was probably later the next day when I was like, dang, I haven't seen Chootie around much today. As she's a cat, and prone to being weird and hiding and just being mysterious, I didn't assume the worst and figured she'd come out sooner or later. I think it was the following day we still hadn't seen her and I began to get worried that she did in fact leave out that window as it would have been her only means to leave the place.

I feel like I've told this story here before suddenly, but oh well.

So it was 2 nights now since she'd been potentially missing and I feared the worst that she had gotten out and jumped off the roof somewhere and was now just roaming the streets and my little rescue kitty was gone forever which would so sad because dang, I mean because she was my little kitty that I got in Florida and we'd been through so much together. So I fucking cried and just thought about the fact that she was just out there lost, probably wondering where I was, or how to find me, or whatever. To make matters worse, it was a rainy day that day and it just fucking rained and rained all hard, SO HARD. I put some food and water dishes under my car in the driveway, hoping that she was nearby and would come to them. The day went on and the night did as well, and another night passed. I woke up the next day to go check on the dishes and they seemed completely untouched. At this point I was very forlorn and succumbing to the fact that I was never going to see my lil Choo Choo again.

So it had been 3 nights and 4 days essentially since I had seen her last. I took the dishes of food and water and replaced them because I wasn't entirely giving up so soon, but I felt pretty hopeless. I put them under my car again and was headed back inside when my downstairs neighbor Ray stepped out onto the front steps to have a smoke. Ray was in his 60s, lived with his wife Lori who was roughly the same age. A coupla of old drunks who me and my roommate would hang out with from time to time if or when we got drunk enough. He drank Hamm's exclusively and smoked Merits or USA Golds or some shit. Not that it matters, just adding context. I was like "oh hey, Ray" and shot the shit on the steps with him for a few minutes, lighting up a smoke of my own. I filled him in on my missing cat and we just kinda mumbled about how it was sad.

After a few minutes of this I was getting ready to go back inside when I hear a very high-pitched 'meeeeeeeeeew.' It stopped me in my tracks and I think Ray was saying something at the time and I quickly hushed him - "wait, shh shutup, did you hear that?" We both stood silently for a second and it happened again but a little less quietly. "Dude, you hear that?" I said to Ray. He's goes 'Oh yeah, that's the fucking cat that sits in that guy's windowsill," pointing to one of the basement-level apartments. I knew what he was talking about and there was indeed a cat that was always hanging around there, and it even mewed often, but I wasn't ready to assume that it was that cat. The blinds were closed and we couldn't see it. I told him to shut up again and we waited, and then again- "meeeeeeeew." My heart palpitated and I fucking KNEW it was my Chootie. I just KNEW. It was unlike any mew she'd ever uttered but I could tell her cute little voice when I heard it, and I fucking heard it.

Ray heard it too, and at this point we both realized that it was coming from directly beneath us, under the concrete stepway slab thing that we were standing upon. It was hollowed out, and as I went to look underneath it I heard the mew again and Chootie's little whiskers and partial face peeking at me from the little crack near the back of the steps where she had sneaked in to take refuge. I was so fucking happy. SHE WAS ALIVE. SHE WAS FUCKING ALIVE and RIGHT THERE! I ended up getting my roommate and it took us about a half an hour to actually be able to get a hold of her and pull her out. I don't know how she got in but the crevice between the back of the concrete slab and the building itself was just a few inches thick. I guess it was the angle of the decomposed concrete or whatever, but she apparently got in much easier than it was for her to get her out. She was scared so she wouldn't try to come out on her own and she couldn't if she wanted to, which is why it took so long for us to eventually get a clasp around her neck and finagle her out, a bit painfully on her end but nonetheless OUT.

I took her up to our place immediately and just fed her so many yums yums and gave her so many cuddles, it was the happiest day of my life probably, and we BOTH learned a valuable lesson that day. She doesn't just go jumping off roofs or balcony's anymore even though I let her freely roam my 2nd floor apartment deck these days. It took some time, but we both know now that we'll never let one another become separated ever again save for one of our deaths. The end.

ANYONE ELSE RESCUE ??
    One time in highschool this girl dropped her phone in a way that it was sliding across the floor and I was walking up the stairs towards it. It had the momentum to launch off the stairs and crash down to the other floor. Probably 30 feet or so given the incline. It rocketed off the top of the steps and I shoot my hand out and catch it. I hand it back to her and say, no need to thank me, just doin my job.

I felt like a fucking ninja.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    One time in highschool this girl dropped her phone in a way that it was sliding across the floor and I was walking up the stairs towards it. It had the momentum to launch off the stairs and crash down to the other floor. Probably 30 feet or so given the incline. It rocketed off the top of the steps and I shoot my hand out and catch it. I hand it back to her and say, no need to thank me, just doin my job.

I felt like a fucking ninja.

I would've kept glancing back at her at least 3 or 4 times hoping for some 'fuck me eyes.'
    I'm a volunteer at an emergency center so i guess i save lives almost everyday. To clarify I respond to 911 calls and if needed i help in search and rescue missions.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    oh lol @ me I didn't even tl'dr my gay little story

my cat got lost and I found it made me happy big time
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    Aww, MQ loves his kitty. :o <3
    TORTILLA Houston
    once my cat named girlfriend somehow got out. she was a nice kitty and i loved her. i was prolly 13 and i was so concerned i posted flyers all around my neighborhood offering a reward for her rescue. 5 or so days after her disappearance our neighbor happened to be under the false structural rooms that kept our apartment afloat, and there was my kitty. she was apparently balled up in a corner and COVERED in fleas. im glad we found her.

Then several years later, after having moved into the house of an abusive stepdad, my kitty was constantly harassed by my mothers new asshole yorkshire terrier. I would often slap it across the face because it would frequently corner my now aging kitty and terrorize her. I'll never forget the day when she had finally had enough from the traumatic move into a new house and the new addition of a dog, she jumped up onto my bed and had this look in her eyes like ''I've been with you since you were a young child. I love you, but its time'' Then she laid on her side and breathed heavily then died. I became a very angry teen after that.
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    Then several years later, after having moved into the house of an abusive stepdad, my kitty was constantly harassed by my mothers new asshole yorkshire terrier. I would often slap it across the face because it would frequently corner my now aging kitty and terrorize her. I'll never forget the day when she had finally had enough from the traumatic move into a new house and the new addition of a dog, she jumped up onto my bed and had this look in her eyes like ''I've been with you since you were a young child. I love you, but its time'' Then she laid on her side and breathed heavily then died. I became a very angry teen after that.

Did that really happen? That's a good story.
    My favorite cat was a stray I found on the railroad tracks
    TORTILLA Houston
    It's very true. and after that event I became very bitter during highschool. So now everytime I see someone who acts exceptionally hard, i lol and think, 'so what's the emotional trauma u are dealing with'

for instance, i was working the register last week and this wannabe nigger walked in our store, strutting his stuff as he approached me at the register. he proceeded to hand me a 100 dollar bill because he needed 'change'. Being the nice guy i am, I said sure bud, even tho it would render the store low on 20's, and we are indeed a pizza shop, not a bank. As per protocol, I struck it with our pen and it showed up black -aka fake. then I held it up to the light and no water mark showed. So I said, hey dude, try this across the street at CVS youll have a better bet, cause Im not looking to lose my job because ur trying to be a fuccboi

i would have played along but i need to kepp this job for a few more months. not to mention ur a a fucking nigger lover. have a nice day andd fuck urself
    Well my kittens' daddy was a "rescue" so to speak. I saw him in a tiny, dirty little cage at the bazaar, and he was all filthy but his eyes, they were a sparkling blue. Then I got him cleaned up and stuff and voilà, he was gorgeous!
    tl dr I rescue millions every day I don't achieve orgasm
    I can't rescue myself, what are the chances of me rescuing anything else.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I CANNOT SAVE YOUUUUU. I CAN'T EVEN SAVE MY SELFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

So this sort of turned into a kitty thing. I guess nobody here has ever saved a human being?
    I haven't rescued anything because I'm not a good person. I have caused people to need rescuing far more than I've ever rescued people.
    lol a hah ha why would you fucking rescue something
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    I'm so happy you found your cat ;_;
    I've done critical work at a hospital so I hope so. I'm also probably an animal hoarder.
    Once I died on a cross for all y'all.
    Nevs Yung Blood
    I've saved two people from heroin overdoses. Its an eye opening experience.
Jump to Top