User Controls

Yeah, and I don't like talkin' to strangers...

So get the fuck off me, I'm anxious
    I'm tryna be cool, but I may just go ape shit
    Say "Fuck y'all!" to all of y'all faces
    Get a job
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon Get a job

preferably one that exposes you to enemy gunfire
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon Get a job

Originally posted by Phoenix get the fuck off me, I'm anxious
    Originally posted by aldra preferably one that exposes you to enemy gunfire

Ironically I wanted to do this for the longest time, but the Canadian military requires 5 references in the application and I couldn't even scrape together 3 references for a regular job.
    Originally posted by Phoenix Ironically I wanted to do this for the longest time, but the Canadian military requires 5 references in the application and I couldn't even scrape together 3 references for a regular job.

that's bizarre, I thought they were desperate for recruits because enlistment numbers were so low
    get a job
    Originally posted by aldra that's bizarre, I thought they were desperate for recruits because enlistment numbers were so low

I wish. I was a stupid kid, thought war would be fun. One of my old friends from totse went infantry and told me not to join when he was in basic too. Wish I had ignored him.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Phoenix I wish. I was a stupid kid, thought war would be fun. One of my old friends from totse went infantry and told me not to join when he was in basic too. Wish I had ignored him.

yeah, I considered it for a while, mostly because I lacked direction and purpose... it was only later that I realised it'd probably end up worse for me.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by aldra yeah, I considered it for a while, mostly because I lacked direction and purpose… it was only later that I realised it'd probably end up worse for me.

I probably could have made something of myself if joined honestly. I mean I'm smart enough to know now that war/soldiery isn't fun, but it's a job. The one my body was built for. My only marketable skill really is probably how edgy I am (ie I wouldn't feel anything if I had to kill someone).
    Originally posted by Phoenix I probably could have made something of myself if joined honestly. I mean I'm smart enough to know now that war/soldiery isn't fun, but it's a job. The one my body was built for. My only marketable skill really is probably how edgy I am (ie I wouldn't feel anything if I had to kill someone).

a lot of people say that, but the impression I've gotten from your posting history is that it'll hit you harder than you think.

What I meant more specifically was that when I was younger all I really knew about the military was what was in popular movies; heroics and honour and the like... my dad never really talked about it much (he's south vietnamese, obviously had some problems stemming from the vietnam war).

I'd doubt I would've found what I was looking for giving away years (at minimum wage) as an attack dog for foreign economic interests
    Originally posted by aldra a lot of people say that, but the impression I've gotten from your posting history is that it'll hit you harder than you think.

What I meant more specifically was that when I was younger all I really knew about the military was what was in popular movies; heroics and honour and the like… my dad never really talked about it much (he's south vietnamese, obviously had some problems stemming from the vietnam war).

I'd doubt I would've found what I was looking for giving away years (at minimum wage) as an attack dog for foreign economic interests

I don't know. Maybe it would hit me harder than I think, especially these days. Back in the day I don't think I'd have given a shit, but I've changed a bit since then. 'though not that much. I also really wouldn't give half a fuck about serving in the sense of being part of the global war machine or fighting for the jedis or whatever. I'm decent at shutting off my conscience when I need to. I used to be a violent little shithead bully; doing it for pay as an adult doesn't sound so bad.

And ye, I'm sure your dad seen some shit. Understandable why people don't really talk about it. It's generally pretty unsavory stuff.
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    War is hell. Believing it wouldn’t effect you because you’re desensitized online, from some events IRL, or because of how strongly depression as severe as yours blunts your emotion, is incredibly naive.

It would almost be guaranteed to change you, and for the worse. You would likely never get fully over it, fully recover.

For people like us, when we’re at our darkest points, occurrences like these are the pivotal aspects that push us to fulfilling suicide.

Thank god I never made the mistake of killing someone, I know I would either be dead or under psychiatric care, completely broken, for the rest of my life.

Existence is already barbaric and grotesque enough. An existential horror.
    Originally posted by Malice War is hell. Believing it wouldn’t effect you because you’re desensitized online, from some events IRL, or because of how strongly depression as severe as yours blunts your emotion, is incredibly naive.

It would almost be guaranteed to change you, and for the worse. You would likely never get fully over it, fully recover.

For people like us, when we’re at our darkest points, occurrences like these are the pivotal aspects that push us to fulfilling suicide.

Thank god I never made the mistake of killing someone, I know I would either be dead or under psychiatric care, completely broken, for the rest of my life.

Existence is already barbaric and grotesque enough. An existential horror.

I said as much. It would suck. Soldiery sucks. War is hell. I'm a ginger though: we come from there. In all seriousness, all I'm saying is I'm willing to grimier things than most people, so the military would probably be my niche if I had one at all. That or sucking dick.

For the record I've already broken a murder-tier societal taboo and I'm as fine as I've ever been.

Post last edited by Phoenix at 2017-07-21T10:39:44.527909+00:00
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    Murder-tier?!
    Yea, what aldra and malice said. You think you're edgy but wait until you really get out there and realize you're stuck in a foreign shithole killing people and risking your life and seeing your coworkers die so that your leaders can hook all their congressmen buddies up. I've seen people get all sorts of fucked up from it that you never would have thought.
    The military is great if you are having problems in life. Not everyone is on the front lines, remember.
    call of dooty made me join the army haha! im in SPECIAL forces. now i wear a helmet even when im not bike riding! never any lag either
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    Originally posted by Phoenix I said as much. It would suck. Soldiery sucks. War is hell. I'm a ginger though: we come from there. In all seriousness, all I'm saying is I'm willing to grimier things than most people, so the military would probably be my niche if I had one at all. That or sucking dick.

For the record I've already broken a murder-tier societal taboo and I'm as fine as I've ever been.

Post last edited by Phoenix at 2017-07-21T10:39:44.527909+00:00

if you really want a job

https://www.adultwork.com/

Originally posted by NARCassist if you really want a job

https://www.adultwork.com/

can i borrow your resume? im sure youre more than qualified baBY boy
Jump to Top