User Controls

App suggestion for my Samsung

mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    Well?

any and all app suggestions are appreciated.
    DocFoster Tuskegee Airman [concentrate my unpalatable boomer]
    Retroarch and snex9x. If you like classic games. It takes some work though
    HampTheToker African Astronaut
    Depends...

Which phone is it exactly?

Is it rooted?

What do you mostly use your phone for?

What are you interests?

Do you play games?

What kind of plan do you have and on what network?
    Gonna give you free suggestions since you are a jedi.

Audio:

- Podcast Addict (I use Pocket Casts)
    - Slacker Radio (decent)

Video:

- MX Player

Games:

- Solitaire

That's it, don't play games on your phone fag

Comms:

AndChat for IRC
    PowerAmp is pretty fucking awesome for playing local audio content, but it's a paid app. I think it's like $5. Kind of on the pricey side, but it's worth it.

Find My Device is a necessity no matter who you are or how you use your phone. My son's tablet had an issue recently where it simply would not unlock after entering the pin. The screen would just timeout, and I couldn't get it to boot into recovery or fastboot mode. My guess is this was because of malware. Anyway, I booted it back up and used Find My Device from my phone to remote wipe the data partition which saved his tablet. It's hands down the most useful app that you can have. I install it on every device that I own.

Google Duo is a pretty good video call app. I use it somewhat often. Quality is quite good on mobile data.

I use Nostalgia.NES pro for NES emulation. Works great. Well worth whatever I paid for it.

Google Rewards is an app that pays you small amounts of Google Play credit to answer very short surveys for more targeted advertising. You'd be surprised how quickly a quarter here and fifty cents there add up. It's an easy way to get paid apps for basically free.

Textra is an awesome text messaging replacement app. The free version has ads, but you can get rid of those with an in-app purchase for the ad-free version.

Viper4Android is another essential app for me, but it requires root. It's basically an equalizer on steroids. It's a must have for audiophiles. Can't be found in the Play Store.

There are a ton more that I could recommend, but it would help if I knew which ones are relevant to you specifically.
    cerakote African Astronaut
    tfw cant root a g900v on 6.0.1
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    I prefer Shuttle to PowerAmp; more streamlined and is free

The only things I really consider 'essential' are AFWall+ (root needed) to firewall specific applications, busybox for standard gnu terminal tools, reflection for ssh, Cheetah file manager (firewall it so it doesn't display ads)

For me specifically I use the Sophos Authenticator for MFA (increased security for most logins), KeePass2 for credential storage, OpenVPN client for obvious reasons, Shuttle for music, AAA VR for watching VR videos
    Originally posted by aldra Cheetah file manager

aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by HampTheToker

only other one I've found that doesn't eat shit is X-Plore and that's a nightmare to use with a touchscreen
    Originally posted by aldra only other one I've found that doesn't eat shit is X-Plore and that's a nightmare to use with a touchscreen

Root Explorer is objectively the best and most underrated file manager in the Play Store. The free version is just called Explorer, I think.
    Forgot about Textra, I bought premium because it is so dank.
    I don't give a fuck about Duo though, I just use WhatsApp for everything, since my family has it.
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    Originally posted by HampTheToker Root Explorer is objectively the best and most underrated file manager in the Play Store. The free version is just called Explorer, I think.

I prefer X-plore.

These are some small ad-free programs with minimal permissions...

Fast notepade
    Teminal Emulator
    Screen Dimmer
    ConnectBot
    APK Extractor
    $criptor
    Esplender Tuskegee Airman [my gynecological profit-maximising katar]
    Grindr
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    It's an LT 4g or whatever

But I went to sleep and lost my phone so...

but whatever, thanks for the suggestions.
Jump to Top