User Controls

"Car Shopping"

Or whatever you want to call it. Busting into cars at night and removing anything of value. Is there any money to be made in this? How risky is it really? I need cash, and I was thinking about it, but like... the fuck am going to do? Steal the spare change? Take the stereo?

I need some illicit income and I'm not pretty enough to be a whore.
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    It's not worth my time.

I dislike car hoppers.
    You're trying to raise forty dollars, aren't you?
    Originally posted by mashlehash You're trying to raise forty dollars, aren't you?

I'm trying to raise as much as I can. $40 would buy me drugs, but I... look I'm ashamed to admit this, but I mostly want to PLEX whore in EVE Online. AKA buy virtual currency with real cash. I think I've spent like $500 on that shit in the last two months. I have a problem.

On that note: Sign up for EVE Online Here and then pay for a $12 subscription. Please.
    Urawinnerson
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    You are an idiot if you do that. You will get caught.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Garage hopping is far more profitable. Side doors on garages. Around here every other one is open. Inside, along with almost always guaranteed unlocked vehicle/s, is also potential for other random items of value, such as power tools, electronics, and if you're lucky, a fridge full of booze. :)

It's been found that many women who park in the garage at night also leave their purses in their vehicle, for the record. If not, and if one was willing to be bold, they could slowly and oh so gently try opening the door from the garage to the house, and with a cell phone light it would be simple to find the purse on a nearby counter.

Lastly, depending on the fucks you've to give, and your situation, in-garage vehicles will almost always have keys in them, and so the potential to commandeer that vehicle is always there. This pretty much involves the understanding that you're going to have to either try to open the garage door manually and quietly, or simply use the electric opener and get out of there quick enough to get away before anyone inside hears.

Clearly that should be used for scenarios such as trying to get to another city or state for free, if you're running away or wanting to drive down to Californ IA and let Lanny take you to pound town. That or if you knew if a chop shop that you could immediately dump the vehicle off to and earn some solid cash for relatively little work.

And yes always steal the change it adds up quick.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    DocFoster Tuskegee Airman [concentrate my unpalatable boomer]
    Protip: selling car stereos is far from worth it. Easily removable ones will net you only like 15 bucks at a pawn shop for like 15 minutes of work trying to remove it. Better stereos in better cars have security systems and take much longer to remove. Risk is way higher.

Now sub and amp equipment, waaay easier. Go two towns or a county over to pawn and you'll have no problems, particularly if you switch their cases around. Worth more two. However it's mostly hood types who invest in such stuff, if you get caught you'll be capped or beat. Having a lookout will make it easier. Every theft is easier with two people. You'll be looking for kickers. Popular, overrated, and worth $
    bling bling Dark Matter
    steal steering wheels and rims
    Many pawn shops pay shit for rims. I don't know anything about aftermarket steering wheels. Problem with rims is they're distinctive, and tougher to sell because of that
    target cars like Cpt Pigeon's
    Originally posted by greenplastic You are an idiot if you do that.

You know what forum this is in, right? That goes without saying.

Also: garage side doors does sound a lot better. But how do I pawn a fucking lawnmower...
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Phoenix You know what forum this is in, right? That goes without saying.

Also: garage side doors does sound a lot better. But how do I pawn a fucking lawnmower…

Too bad there isn't anywhere online that you can sell used items.
    Originally posted by Phoenix You know what forum this is in, right? That goes without saying.

Also: garage side doors does sound a lot better. But how do I pawn a fucking lawnmower…

Yea but it's an exceptionally bad idea for you to try to pull this off.
    thats a good way to get your family together
    cuz you got shot or sumthin
    Clean it up, repaint accents, fill entirely, make sure it works, pawn next county over, profit.
    Phoenix, you will get trapped. In the window. Like a beached whale.
    bling bling Dark Matter
    steal floor mats $$%% $$%%
    Get a fucking job HTS
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon Get a fucking job HTS

Criminality is a career. Fuck a job. Either push weight, own a business, or steal shit. Don't ever be someone else's bitch.
Jump to Top