User Controls

I can't change my avatar

1. I get an error that it's not a valid image file or just "Error" but I've already been at the resize part.

Help?
  2. -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Did you download the image to your desktop first and use it from there?
  3. No, I can't do that with my browser believe it or not. I will try it with my phone later.
  4. -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    In the old days, we used to use a file transfer method called FXP [File Exchange Protocol]. Instead of having to download the file to your own machine and then re-upload it to another machine, you could do a "side transfer", which basically means sending the file from one third-party IP address to another third-party IP address, without having the need to download the file yourself. This saved bandwidth for the person who wished to transfer files, but it also became a concern to those third-party senders and receivers, when someone could just transfer a file on-the-fly from machine to machine without actually having to have the file themselves. Thusly, security protocols were eventually implemented which prevented side-to-side transfers. It could be that there is just such a restriction either on your device or on the server.
  5. -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Make sure "Show Avatars" is ticked in your Account settings.
  6. Lanny creature of the mesothelioma era
    What image are you trying to use? vB was being niggertarded before about believing me when I told it where the imagemagick binaries were, built from source instead of out of apt and that seemed to satiate it but I may have dropped a flag or something for whatever format support.
  7. Mewsik African Astronaut [diagonally photosensitise my summation]
    How come this is the first thread visible on NIS?

Did NIS only open in 2015?
  8. Lanny creature of the mesothelioma era
    don't think this was the first thread we had but yeah, it did open somewhere in the middle of 2015. We switched forum software after a bit less than a year I think so some of the things regarding dates may be a bit wonky (e.g. anyone who had an account before the switch now has the same registration date, I think some of the timezone data got lost in the mix)
  9. Erekshun African Astronaut
    The OP couldn't change avatar, I don't even know where to get one.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  10. Mewsik African Astronaut [diagonally photosensitise my summation]
    @ lanny - Cool šŸ˜Ž

Thanks for the response šŸ‘
  11. SpaceCakes African Astronaut
    So now we have the 2015 because of what I said.. noticing some text manipulations going on as well.

It's not just the word enhancement he's playing with.
  12. Ghost Dark Matter [fabulously attend this hattiesburg]
    I miss the t s tm

TST trannies man
  13. trippymindfuk Tuskegee Airman
    Originally posted by Erekshun The OP couldn't change avatar, I don't even know where to get one.

Yeah I've tried and every image I find or try to use is too large it says. I don't have a computer so if there's anyway anyone can help it would be greatly appreciatedāœŒ Thanks my nigs
  14. vindicktive vinny Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by trippymindfuk Yeah I've tried and every image I find or try to use is too large it says. I don't have a computer so if there's anyway anyone can help it would be greatly appreciatedāœŒ Thanks my nigs

your phone is essentially a palmtop computer.
  15. SpaceCakes African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Ghost I miss the t s tm

TST trannies man

Transcendental Meditation
Jump to Top