User Controls

Aug26Mayweather_McGregor

Pray McGregor wins or at best doesn't get pitted into the tarp for a full on K.O.

LOL I love his shit talking rant on Mayweather. Mayweather is a good guy too. This will be like the old days of Foreman vs Ali only lightweight.

Oh and a Funny, freckly face angry leprechaun

Go Celtic people! give him your best, McGregor

Jump to 21:45 on the timeline

bum
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    what the hell happened to boxing? this is like the wwf.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    jedis win. McGregor has no chance unless it is rigged.
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby what the hell happened to boxing? this is like the wwf.

It's basic boxing. McGregor thinks he has a shot at basic boxing against a world champ. who knows. I'm going with high odds on Mayweather but I have to support the Irishman as well.. so long shot with some faith that he will win.

Originally posted by Captain Falcon jedis win. McGregor has no chance unless it is rigged.

Fights thrown.. that's never happened before! But I think this will be legit and I plan on going to a sports bar to watch it for the 5 bucks or whatever they charge to view it since I don't have several hundred dollars to spend on Sat tv.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I wonder what the public response would be if in fact they were indeed caught on camera having ales together and being chummy.
    Originally posted by mmQ I wonder what the public response would be if in fact they were indeed caught on camera having ales together and being chummy.

Nobody would give a shit. It's entertainment. That's like asking how people would feel if they found out Kane didn't actually kill The Undertaker.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    its wwe
    The only bet* worth a shot in this thing is the over/under, and you should bet the over no matter what. Floyd is going to drag it out 5 rounds, no way he gets a KO, and it's all about the viewership if it's rigged. Bet the over.

Post last edited by Captain Falcon at 2017-07-17T01:10:50.076672+00:00
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon Nobody would give a shit. It's entertainment. That's like asking how people would feel if they found out Kane didn't actually kill The Undertaker.

No. It's not. If it's rigged nobody knows how many rounds it'll go, if it'll be a decision, ko, or TKO. If they were spotted together it would change the betting dynamics immensely.
    Originally posted by mmQ No. It's not. If it's rigged nobody knows how many rounds it'll go, if it'll be a decision, ko, or TKO. If they were spotted together it would change the betting dynamics immensely.

If it is rigged, it will be because they want to make this a hype fight that pleases the fans but Mayweather wins, and McGregor does not get humiliated. Why would Conor agree to get KO'd or TKO'd? Why would Dana White agree to have his star get shit on? There is no reason not to make it go all 5 rounds, otherwise not only will people feel gypped, but Conor's brand, and by extension the UFC's brand, will be damaged.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I'm dumb. It's only 5 rounds???
    Originally posted by mmQ I'm dumb. It's only 5 rounds???

Pretty sure.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    By the way when did White turn into a lardass? I haven't paid attention in years. What a fucking marshmallow !
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon Pretty sure.

Why? Why isn't a standard boxing match?
    Just looked it up, guess I might be wrong. I could have sworn Joe Rogan said it was 5 rounds because it is a compromise between boxing rules and UFC rules, but looks like it's gonna be a full 12.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    A compromise in rules? Do tell.
    Originally posted by mmQ By the way when did White turn into a lardass? I haven't paid attention in years. What a fucking marshmallow !

He's been this way for ~5 years. I don't think he's a massive lardass, just a bit thicc.
    Originally posted by mmQ A compromise in rules? Do tell.

UFC fights are 5 max rounds, 5 minutes each. That means a max of 25 minutes per bout.

Boxing fights are 12 rounds, 3 minutes a pop, 36 minutes per bout. That's nearly 33% extra time for a fight.

That means that there is a considerable difference in how one must pace themselves in either fight. Not sure if you've ever done a martial art of boxed, but the sheer amount of energy you put out from footwork and striking is gigantic.

Now this is all moot, seeing as the fight is going to be a standard 12x3 boxing match.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon UFC fights are 5 max rounds, 5 minutes each. That means a max of 25 minutes per bout.

Boxing fights are 12 rounds, 3 minutes a pop, 36 minutes per bout. That's nearly 33% extra time for a fight.

That means that there is a considerable difference in how one must pace themselves in either fight. Not sure if you've ever done a martial art of boxed, but the sheer amount of energy you put out from footwork and striking is gigantic.

Now this is all moot, seeing as the fight is going to be a standard 12x3 boxing match.

I know the difference in rounds and times. I just thought you meant there were comprises other than that, even though apparently it's 12 rounds so, is there any compromise anywhere? I thought maybe they were gonna allow rear naked chokes? :)
Jump to Top