User Controls

cheating in school

This shit pisses me off to no end. I don't mean getting help on a homework problem or something, but actually cheating.

A while back I took an engineering computation class which involved basically a ton of learning programming. We had assignments we would have to program then submit to an online grader which would test a bunch of outputs and give us a score. The rules for the class were very clear in that you had to do all the coding yourself. You were allowed to discuss problems generally but even viewing someone else's code was against the rules.

There were also a few discussion sections led by TA's. I stopped attending mine after the first few because they only ended up repeating the very basic shit that we learned in class, but the real difficulty lies in actually doing the coding and learning how it works. Learning the actual language is trivial. A bunch of students were in a facebook group for the class which I never bothered looking up, and I guess word got out that one of the TA's was basically giving pseudocode for each program, so the students that attended this section basically had like 50% of the work done for them.

So after a while basically everyone in the class was attending this discussion section except for me. They also had a system that checks everyone's code against each others to see if anyone copied. If you were caught copying, you were supposed to get at least a 0 on the assignment and probably fail the course.

So even after given pseudocode, a bunch of people still got caught copy pasting their code and just changing variable names and they send out an email saying that they're basically going to let them get away with it this time. (this was like 2/3 of the way through the course)

So that whole time I was doing all the programs coding by myself and the rest of the class is cheating and getting away with it. I got a C and barely passed of course. Shit still pisses me off to this day.

BUT I do have solace in the fact that a couple of the people I know who got caught copying failed most their other engineering classes that quarter so I'm ahead of them now. Pieces of shit. I trolled them by telling them I smoke weed everyday and still got better grades even when they cheat. faggots
    Lol pussyplastic can't bring himself to leverage these advantages legitimately.
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon Lol pussyplastic can't bring himself to leverage these advantages legitimately.

I know you're probably just going for the "throw shit at the wall to see if it sticks" low effort troll post, but if you honestly believe that someone who copies and pastes their homework is somehow giving themselves an advantage, you are deluding yourself. This can be evidenced by the fact that I'm a good couple semesters ahead of these people (at least the ones I know, obviously idk the grades of everyone)
    Originally posted by greenplastic I know you're probably just going for the "throw shit at the wall to see if it sticks" low effort troll post, but if you honestly believe that someone who copies and pastes their homework is somehow giving themselves an advantage, you are deluding yourself. This can be evidenced by the fact that I'm a good couple semesters ahead of these people (at least the ones I know, obviously idk the grades of everyone)

No, but you can use these advantages to enhance your legit study. For example, using the pseudocode to check your own work, or improve it. Or looking at someone else's code to see how it compares to yours.
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon No, but you can use these advantages to enhance your legit study. For example, using the pseudocode to check your own work, or improve it. Or looking at someone else's code to see how it compares to yours.

You need to work on your comprehension skills. I was unaware they were giving out pseudocode until the last few weeks of the semester.
    cerakote African Astronaut
    fuck you guy i cheated in school to get by not get ahead
    Originally posted by greenplastic You need to work on your comprehension skills. I was unaware they were giving out pseudocode until the last few weeks of the semester.

You should have been more aware
    I took a mechatronics class in high school with people doing the same shit

Most of the time, all they had to do was memorize a few definitions/functions for the tests,but they'd rather sit around playing minecraft or some other shit game on the computers all day every day, and the week of the test they would copy all the definitions and functions to a word document and turn down the brightness of the screen so no one could see it

Little did they know that the teacher could see what was on their screens from his computer

9 people failed out of 12
Jump to Top