User Controls

Noobie in need

Beetlesiri Houston [enlighten my devil-may-care transplanting]
    Hey, guys, it has been awhile. I have decided to try and make some extra money by doing web designing. I am a total noon though. What all will I need to do it. I need a basic guide like which interpreter to use and how to set up sites etc.
    I know that html based on what I knew before is very easy to program and i need to try and find a way to make extra money from home. So I appreciate any help.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    You're kidding right?
    No. I am going to try some sites to learn web design again, but half of the time I can't quite get the hang of working everything out and knowing how to advertise properly. Html though is easy as shit.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Beetlesiri No. I am going to try some sites to learn web design again, but half of the time I can't quite get the hang of working everything out and knowing how to advertise properly. Html though is easy as shit.

http://www.warriorforum.com/search/website%20design

start here, even if you can't find a topic that directly discusses what you need to know, I guarantee you within a few minutes you will begin to find advice and links from users that will lead you in the right path to find exactly what you're looking for.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Thank you. I am tired of keeping up my special needs sister and mentally disabled mothe. Plus being poor does not help. Can't even get enough time to go to school. Heck, I was about to try and do one of those go fund me programs like kickstarter.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Just steal other people's sites and change all the pointers and text to your own. Less work.
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    Beetles don't irritate shit.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    It depends on what sort of web design you want to do; most of it will be choosing a framework and working within that nowadays. I've got a friend that runs a design firm and they use Magento, Laravel's fairly light and straightforward if you're new to it.

I personally write most websites in notepad (geany actually), but mine are mostly pure utility for background scripts - I don't care a lot about design.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Beetlesiri Hey, guys, it has been awhile. I have decided to try and make some extra money by doing web designing. I am a total noon though. What all will I need to do it. I need a basic guide like which interpreter to use and how to set up sites etc.

The industry that generates money from designing, implementing, and maintaining websites has becomes a bit more specialized over the last ~15 years, there isn't one "web design" job title anymore. There's a general division between design (UI/UX, people who work customers to establish what exactly is going to be built), development (programmers), and "ops" or system administrators who establish the infrastructural systems that serve web products during and after development. Typically each of these general headings entails a different set of tools, training,
    and wages although you still find people who span all three. So the first step is figuring out which of those roads you want to go down, I'd suggest reading up a bit on what the day to day of each entails, what the pay looks likes, what you think you'd have a personal affinity for. Then there are a lot of choices of tooling, general philosophies, and specializations within each.
Jump to Top