User Controls

problem with an app on android

It's rare that I come across a problem on an Android phone that I can't solve.

But a family member evidently clicked on an ad that said "would you like to play music/show images on your lock screen depending on the time of day?" Or something. I try to tell people not to click on unrecognized ads and shit, but nobody ever listens.

Now her phone always displays "good morning/afternoon/evening/night" and shows matching pictures and plays music. And I can't for the life of me figure out which app would be doing this. None of the apps that she has seem like they would do something like this, and it's not in the settings anywhere. She doesn't have the "use untrusted sources" box checked in settings.

Could it be a service or app extension?

Anyone know what else it could be?

Post last edited by Kolokol-1 at 2017-07-04T05:51:04.347434+00:00
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    Not all apps show up in your application drawer. It sounds like it's some kind of background or custom lock screen.

You should check in the background settings and screen lock settings. You should be able to access these from your home screen by clicking and holding on the background itself until the menu popups, and then click settings.

Also, is she using a custom launcher? Did it install a custom launcher?
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    install osmonitor or other task manager to see whats running.
    Turned out to be peel remote, an app that came preloaded that I would've never suspected. I screen shot the lock screen when it came on and reverse image searched it, which led to a thread on reddit where they had discovered what was doing it.

Apparently its "features" have been causing people all sorts of problems starting a couple months ago.

Thanks for the suggestions guys
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    Link to the reddit thread?
    Originally posted by SBTlauien Link to the reddit thread?

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/63yfkb/galaxy_s6_phone_showing_a_random_screensaver/
Jump to Top