User Controls

are any of you psychologically still in a certain decade or time period?

My body might be that of a fleshnet-human adult, but my mind is that of a 15yo Japanese girl from 2006.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    im from the early 90's

i was a break dancer as a kid

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    u kinda look like Marco Corbelli (of Atrax Morgue)

Originally posted by Hikikomori-Yume u kinda look like Marco Corbelli (of Atrax Morgue)

dawwwwwww isn't he a cutie

He was

He would make for a really interesting documentary, hopefully there is enough material out there so one day someone could come up with something.

btw back in 2k13 I made an EP inspired by Atrax Morgue, along with hints of other things.
    Originally posted by Hikikomori-Yume He was

He would make for a really interesting documentary, hopefully there is enough material out there so one day someone could come up with something.

btw back in 2k13 I made an EP inspired by Atrax Morgue, along with hints of other things.

I've never heard of him until now, but I am into noise music like Einstürzende Neubauten (first concert I ever went to) and the whitehouse, and hair police.
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby I've never heard of him until now, but I am into noise music like Einstürzende Neubauten (first concert I ever went to)

What was that like?

It's my dream to perform live one day .. I want a setup that is bits of Skinny Puppy with the crt screens and lights, Neubauten with the industrial steel and Atrax with the bleakness and desperation.
    Originally posted by Hikikomori-Yume What was that like?

It's my dream to perform live one day .. I want a setup that is bits of Skinny Puppy with the crt screens and lights, Neubauten with the industrial steel and Atrax with the bleakness and desperation.

it was rad, i was 15 at the time, I had just got into industrial music then with skinny puppy, it was at a small venue and I went with my friend. One of the dudes, not the singer was slamming a bag of electrical ornaments around shirtless with a beer belly.

I saw them when they made that album with the song "life on other planets is difficult"
    which was catchy but I'm into their noise stuff a lot more

After that I saw hair police with sonic youth with my dad
    Dissociator African Astronaut
    yeah the 70s-80s. i wasn't alive then but I like the fashion and music

^verpadew!
    Ohhhh (XO______OX)
    I wish I could have experienced that era, the late 70s to mid 90s of industrial, with all the concerts and seeing the bands evolve during their golden years.

Einsturzende Neubauten's softer stuff has its own appeal, there were a few years where I binged on that ... it's really great music for a late 00s autumn while drunk.

Yuno, industrial is my favorite genre of all time, I don't just see it as a genre though to me it's more of a mental landscape.

It's the perfect music that embodies the late 20th century industrial decay.

Just like all things in my existence I feel so alienated to the human aspects.
    There are probably some really great underground movements going on but I'm not aware of them because I no longer socialize with humans.
    The mainstream scene has gone places I want nothing to do with, such as the witch house scene or whatever ... although there have been some amazing tunes to come from that scene.

this is more the type of direction I want to go with my project - only more dark and uninhibited
    http://imgur.com/a/qMSBe
    ^merzbow is the shit. have you ever heard boris w/ merzbow? I'm seeing boris played here a few days ago but I missed them but they will be back in november.

Again you have the chance to participate in a special moment in time that will be forever lost to me orz

But yeah I love their collab stuff, back in 2006 when I was really starting to get into music I bought Sun Baked Snow Cave, it was one of the albums that had a major impact on my life and psyche.
    also .. THIS ALBUM

Holy shit those were the days.
    Playing that album on my boombox while playing MMORPGs for the very first time ... it was some Korean mmo ...

You know cds (physical in general) create this very special bond between the listener and the album.
    With digital I feel nothing except a great sense of disconnect and alienation and a sense of loss ... with streaming even more so and I only ever use that for the convenience.
    Hopefully physical never disappears ... we're definitely going through a dark era at the moment though ... I mean the latest NIN releases don't even have a physical cd release, just vinyl.
    I bought the special edition package for NTAE though, that was really neat:

WARNING DON'T WATCH IF U DON'T WANT 2 BE SPOILED

That really inspired me and gave me a little sense of hope for the future that maybe physical not only has more life in it, but there are aspects we haven't even explored yet.
    I still hate Trent for not including a cd.

I found a DIY digipack kit on commieddit that I'm going to use to make some physical copies of my past album as well as all future releases ... I might sell them on bandcamp but idk because I don't want to bother with legalities around sampling.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby im from the early 90's

i was a break dancer as a kid

diddled
    Originally posted by Lanny diddled

the butt hurt never ends
    Originally posted by Hikikomori-Yume also .. THIS ALBUM

Holy shit those were the days.
    Playing that album on my boombox while playing MMORPGs for the very first time … it was some Korean mmo …

You know cds (physical in general) create this very special bond between the listener and the album.
    With digital I feel nothing except a great sense of disconnect and alienation and a sense of loss … with streaming even more so and I only ever use that for the convenience.
    Hopefully physical never disappears … we're definitely going through a dark era at the moment though … I mean the latest NIN releases don't even have a physical cd release, just vinyl.
    I bought the special edition package for NTAE though, that was really neat:

WARNING DON'T WATCH IF U DON'T WANT 2 BE SPOILED

That really inspired me and gave me a little sense of hope for the future that maybe physical not only has more life in it, but there are aspects we haven't even explored yet.
    I still hate Trent for not including a cd.

I found a DIY digipack kit on commieddit that I'm going to use to make some physical copies of my past album as well as all future releases … I might sell them on bandcamp but idk because I don't want to bother with legalities around sampling.

Do you play music yourself?
Jump to Top