User Controls

Resetting your mind: Turtle Shell Theory

mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I don't know why I called it a theory or even turtle shell theory, I just thought it was catchy.

Alright say for example that the entire population was able to simultaneously wipe their entire collective knowledge of global/intn'l affairs. We obtain all our previous knowledge other than that. Do you think that as we all begin to intake info and dis-info, news and fake news, learning everything we know solely through current affairs, and even then, at first, nobody would know ANYTHING about them, they might not even think about it.

The news sites and media would have essentially nothing to report about, at least for the first few days or weeks, in intn'l affairs. Our opinions would all be refreshed and renewed with the particular news that we begin to see coming in, and we learn what is going on in in the respective countries across the globe- learning how or why we should, or do, or don't, or shouldn't interact with them.

Would are opinions inevitably drastically change? And maybe this as a bad example, I mean we could pose this for any set or subset of information reset, how it would affect our processing and opinion-forming on the matter as we re-learn it with no previous knowledge or understanding, essentially being reset to a 'baby's mind' in that department?
Jump to Top