User Controls

Questions about Fingerprints

1. Is it true that on layer of latex/nitrile gloves will leave prints? I have heard some latex gloves that were particularly thin would. But I have also heard one layer of any of them can. And even though nitrile gloves are marketed as heavy duty I can't tell a difference. They seem to tear just as easy as latex.

2. What inconspicuous methods can you use to cover them up? (Not gloves) and besides just wearing long sleeves and pulling them over your hands to touch stuff. I have heard of super glue but there is no fucking way I would trust that lol

I'm asking for a book I am writing.
    cerakote African Astronaut
    oh man this is the kind of thread i know the answer to

nitrile gloves have better tensile strength from my experience, but latex holds up better under heat. what i usually do at work is alternate between nitrile and latex, so i will put my cutting gloves on and then put on nitrile gloves and when those eventually rip, put on latex.

nitrile gloves are looser at the wrist for whatever size you wear, while latex fit decently at the appropriate size.

as for leaving prints through a nitrile glove, im not sure, but having an alternated layer of nitrile>latex would fix that entirely and its not even a millimeter of extra thickness on your hand for peace of mind. putting a pair over one youre already wearing is a little problematic if both pairs are dry, so what i do is get the pair in already wearing wet or get some water inside the 2nd pair so they slide right on. dont overdo it with the water though, you dont want shitty dripping hands
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by ACE 1. Is it true that on layer of latex/nitrile gloves will leave prints? I have heard some latex gloves that were particularly thin would. But I have also heard one layer of any of them can. And even though nitrile gloves are marketed as heavy duty I can't tell a difference. They seem to tear just as easy as latex.

2. What inconspicuous methods can you use to cover them up? (Not gloves) and besides just wearing long sleeves and pulling them over your hands to touch stuff. I have heard of super glue but there is no fucking way I would trust that lol

I'm asking for a book I am writing.

as I understand it it's not that your fingerprints press through the gloves, it's that the gloves themselves have a natural 'fingerprint' owing to the manufacturing process.

I haven't put it to the test, but I believe the best way to mask your fingerprints is to put a thin layer of superglue on your fingertips (and side of hand if you're writing NAUGHTY THINGS).

The superglue is useful for two reasons:

1. it seals in the oils in your skin, stopping your fingerprints from leaving a mark
    2. police and pals use(d?) a cyanoacrylate resin to lift fingerprints, which is extremely similar to superglue in composition. Superglue residue left on things you touch will mix with the resin they apply later, making anything they lift messy and inaccurate.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    RestStop Space Nigga
    Liquid Band aid would probably be more trustworthy after all it's used and created to seal/cover up wounds. I read actually I think Totse of all places that cutting your fingers open with a razor blade at certain distinct markings of your fingerprints and then shoving powder Draino into them disfigures them enough that the cops couldn't make an indisputable match even if they already have your prints on file.
    Originally posted by ้œๆฏ”็‰นไบบ

Thanks for all the good ideas guys.

@chinesesymbolsguy we probably all are. ๐Ÿ˜•
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    For temporary fix, couldn't someone just burn their entire hand and palm to disfigure their print. Not as permanent as RestStop's suggestion.
    Originally posted by SBTlauien For temporary fix, couldn't someone just burn their entire hand and palm to disfigure their print. Not as permanent as RestStop's suggestion.

both of those are terrible ideas because even though your fingerprints won't match prints you left previously, after the fact you'll have the most distinctive fingerprints in the state

Post last edited by aldra at 2017-07-05T17:19:16.742867+00:00
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    this is a common myth that has been misconstrued. pigs have often caught people who were smart enough to use latex gloves which will not allow prints to be left thru the latex. but then have gone and counteracted their smartness by being stupid enough to take the gloves off and throw them away nearby where the pigs have then found them and taken the fingerprints from the inside of the gloves.

people then hear half the story and conclude 'derp, he wore latex gloves and they still got his prints so those gloves must let prints thru the gloves herp derp'.

this is typical mentality of the majority of thieves and burglars tho.

take the gloves far away and burn them. the police will usually check the likely get away routes as far as they can for stuff like this. also, latex gloves often have dust or oils that will leave traces at the scene. don't be smart enough to get rid of the gloves you used only to be stupid enough to have a whole box of the same gloves at home which they can match the dust/oil to. this will still be evidence, albeit not as strong as if they found the actual gloves. but circumstantial evidence can still be enough to sway a jury.

mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    Burn your finger tips with a mean acid.

Problem solved.
    Originally posted by aldra as I understand it it's not that your fingerprints press through the gloves, it's that the gloves themselves have a natural 'fingerprint' owing to the manufacturing process.

I haven't put it to the test, but I believe the best way to mask your fingerprints is to put a thin layer of superglue on your fingertips (and side of hand if you're writing NAUGHTY THINGS).

The superglue is useful for two reasons:

1. it seals in the oils in your skin, stopping your fingerprints from leaving a mark
    2. police and pals use(d?) a cyanoacrylate resin to lift fingerprints, which is extremely similar to superglue in composition. Superglue residue left on things you touch will mix with the resin they apply later, making anything they lift messy and inaccurate.

they only use superglue to lift prints off difficult surfaces like the skin on a dead body. most fingerprints are lifted using fine aluminum powder and clear sticky tape.

also workers that pack pineapples in the caribbean get their fingerprints worn away from some enzyme contained in pineapples.

mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    Originally posted by NARCassist also workers that pack pineapples in the caribbean get their fingerprints worn away from some enzyme contained in pineapples.

Good info.
    Originally posted by mashlehash Good info.

i think it takes years tho and like someone said, you then got the most easily recognisable prints in the world.

SBTlauien African Astronaut
    Cut your fingers off.
Jump to Top