User Controls

Cold turkey opiate detox, leg pain is gone, can I take some oxy today without backtracking?

So I'm like a week into my detox, it's mostly over with... if I get high tonight and possibly tomorrow night, would my detox be for nothing? Back to square one?

In other news I could possibly just get drunk. Might be the better option since panthrax informed me it's my duty to be in Tinychat/bltc each Saturday night with a beer in hand lol

I could do both, since the oxy I'll get around noon and it'll be worn off by the time I start drinking.

Advice?
    You know you're just going to go back to using if you do that
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    how much were you doing when you stopped/how long ago was it?

regardless I wouldn't recommend it, especially since you added 'and maybe tomorrow' because that's just going to turn into 'when I run out'
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    hydromorphone victim of incest [insincerely conduce my paisley]
    Originally posted by Thug-Street I was about to ask the same thing.

I have been clean for some time now and still I feel like I am slower than everyone around me. It's been years since the last time I have drank, taken opiates, benzos or most of anything really.

I take cannabis, thats it. There is a genetic variety for every ailment including pain, detox and addiction management. It is literally the human cure, the more people that grow it the more combinations of healing turpenes we will combine to treat everything.
    Fuck you and your precious marijuana plants you rode in on.

I've smoked strains said to be good for pain. At best they work 75% of the time, but end up gluing my ass to the couch. Sometimes they work shit for pain. Sometimes smoking weed makes the pain worse.

Some people, and some types of pain require good ol' opiates to knock that shit out and stay functional.
    I don't use regularly. A few days at a time at the most now, but I used to be regularly prescribed for 6 years so my tolerance is all fucked.

I won't take them for more than a day or two if I do. I've done this many times. Idk, willpower and determination etc. also I don't have any weed, just pregabalin 300mg capsules and a few 1mg clonazepam.

So, is this going to backtrack me to day one? I've never tested this theory I have that it will, but I don't want to do it if the chances are high that I'll go back to lots of leg pain and dilated pupils 24/7 waiting for another detox to end.

So? Anyone have experience in this kinda situation?

I think I'm just gonna drink later maybe. I am terrified to go back to the leg pain and hallucinations lol that's what detox does to me.
    Originally posted by Kinkou I don't use regularly. A few days at a time at the most now, but I used to be regularly prescribed for 6 years so my tolerance is all fucked.

I won't take them for more than a day or two if I do. I've done this many times. Idk, willpower and determination etc. also I don't have any weed, just pregabalin 300mg capsules and a few 1mg clonazepam.

So, is this going to backtrack me to day one? I've never tested this theory I have that it will, but I don't want to do it if the chances are high that I'll go back to lots of leg pain and dilated pupils 24/7 waiting for another detox to end.

So? Anyone have experience in this kinda situation?

I think I'm just gonna drink later maybe. I am terrified to go back to the leg pain and hallucinations lol that's what detox does to me.

you know it is lol
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    No chance in hell.
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    *reads title*

Bitch, is you retarded?
    i got some beer instead. next week i'll be in the clear. lmao
    btw, i would like to add, for any potential females listening...

if you start your cold turkey detox a few days before the luteal phase of your menstrual cycle, it reduces the WD symptoms the next 10 days by at least 50%. for me at least. idfk how, ive researched looking for people who know this but its no where... maybe its just me? lol
    It really isn't an addicton. It's funny how far you have to go to prove that to someone
    RestStop Space Nigga
    Not that this is going to help but I usually take a good 7+ day break from my drug of choice. Lately I've been able to do 2-3 weeks at a time. When I do indulge I go all out for 3-4 days then resume another break. Don't know how sustainable this is with opiates I've never been addicted to them to know. Not really sure where I'm going with this just a suggestion on what has worked for me.
    I appreciate your thoughts <3
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    Originally posted by RestStop Not that this is going to help but I usually take a good 7+ day break from my drug of choice. Lately I've been able to do 2-3 weeks at a time. When I do indulge I go all out for 3-4 days then resume another break. Don't know how sustainable this is with opiates I've never been addicted to them to know. Not really sure where I'm going with this just a suggestion on what has worked for me.

it took me nearly 20 years using heroin to figure that as long as i only use occasionally i'm ok. once a week/biweekly at most. its how you look at drug use that is key, i've found. i've been on many prison/probation/drug clinic drug courses and what they preach is that there is only two options, total abstinence or full on junkie mode. this isn't true, but when they put that 'war on drugs propaganda' bullshit into your head, as soon as people start using they just go into full on junkie mode, just like they've been programmed to think. they get that cop-out idea in their head that the drug controls you, when the fact is the drug is an inaminate object, it can influence your thinking but you have the ultimate decision making ability, the ability to override in your head the influence of the drug.

i look at heroin now like a recreational pastime, just like going to the cinema or a ball game or a restaurant or a hobby. you wouldn't go to the cinema all day everyday, just like you wouldn't spend all day everyday sitting in a restaurant or at a ball game or fishing by the river. you do it now and again as a form of recreation when you've got the time and money spare. just like most good things in life, heroin is fine in moderation. when you get greedy and do it all the time its at the expense of every other part of your life and your life will quickly go down the shitter. especially making a living has to come first. it really is how you look at it that is key.

mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I thought you might like to know, Pan wont be around tonight, on account of him being out of town for his anniversary. That's all. :)
    Fuck that nigga, he never seemed interesting or to add much. Of course, he's part of your OG TC family, so you'll feel different.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Malice Fuck that nigga, he never seemed interesting or to add much. Of course, he's part of your OG TC family, so you'll feel different.

We've talked almost daily for the better part of 3 years now. He's a pretty funny guy (we both have dry, morbid senses of humor), as well as intelligent. Also he offers me free technical support which is a nice bonus.

Panny and I bff's. That ain't no mystery.
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    Originally posted by mmQ We've talked almost daily for the better part of 3 years now. He's a pretty funny guy (we both have dry, morbid senses of humor), as well as intelligent. Also he offers me free technical support which is a nice bonus.

what username panthrax going by now? i cant keep up with everyone now a days.

mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by NARCassist what username panthrax going by now? i cant keep up with everyone now a days.

He doesn't post here.
    Originally posted by mmQ We've talked almost daily for the better part of 3 years now. He's a pretty funny guy (we both have dry, morbid senses of humor), as well as intelligent. Also he offers me free technical support which is a nice bonus.

Could be wrong. I've never seen him talk much when I've been in there, but I don't visit that often. I didn't even know you had regular meetups on Saturday night.
Jump to Top