User Controls

David Allan Coe taught Charles Manson?

I was on youtube recently and saw a comment on one of Charles Manson's songs saying that there was a rumor that David Allan Coe (the country musician mostly known for his nigger songs) taught Manson to play the guitar. The commonly accepted story is that a criminal named Alvin Karpis taught him.

David Allan Coe is a talented country singer in my opinion and one of the greatest. I actually don't like the x rated songs that made him a gimmick. But his first album released in 1970 was a spoken word thing called Requiem for a Harlequin:

While I didn't care much for the style it dealt with social issues like blacks rising up. If you listen to Sick City by Manson:
    it sounds exactly like Coes entire cd. I don't think Mansons music was released as "Love Terror Cult" until later.

Coe also grew up in juvenile centers in Ohio but there is no confirmation they ever met. But you can't deny the similarity in the sound and what it says. So do you think David Allan Coe was down with Helter Skelter?

Post last edited by ACE at 2017-06-22T15:53:05.999742+00:00
    Also this is later in his career, I checked but still interesting.

(Mansons followers called him that)

Post last edited by ACE at 2017-06-22T15:42:47.974269+00:00

Post last edited by ACE at 2017-06-22T15:51:39.296774+00:00
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    Embed or fuck off.
    Originally posted by RisiR † Embed or fuck off.

How?
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    Video tags.

[video*]your video url

Without the *.
    Fixed
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    now I get you and bling mixed up with those avatars

I got halfway through the thread before I realised you weren't talking about Marilyn Manson, lel

I've read a lot about Charlie, never actually listened to his music though
    Originally posted by aldra now I get you and bling mixed up with those avatars

I got halfway through the thread before I realised you weren't talking about Marilyn Manson, lel

I've read a lot about Charlie, never actually listened to his music though

Marilyn Manson did a cover for Sick City but it sounded shitty like Working Class Hero...his covers generally suck but he is cool but his voice and everything else don't mix with a lot of these songs.
Jump to Top