User Controls

Why/how has times square not been hacked/goatse'd?

...and/or why ain't anybody hacked the NYSE stock tickers to fake a crash and cause a ruckus there as a prank? Seems like somebody woulda...lol
    Originally posted by Danny WHy do peolpe keep talking about online heists man its not like you will ever do it.

Same reason you keep talking about clandestine drug synthesis
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    techmuggles
    It literally takes a whole team to coordinate the screens even if you legally buy the adspace on each screen. They're all independently wired and shit. Maybe you could hack one but good luck hacking into all of them... And they probably require physical access too.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon It literally takes a whole team to coordinate the screens even if you legally buy the adspace on each screen. They're all independently wired and shit. Maybe you could hack one but good luck hacking into all of them… And they probably require physical access too.

challenge accepted

though I'll explore shopping centre/bus stop displays, not times fucking square
    Do it faggot. Although bus stop/shopping center displays have much worse security than times fucking square, specially physical security. I have purchased multiple screens of ad space in Times Square before... it is expensive as shit, and I'm sure they'll have invested a lot into protecting the golden geese.

We wanted to put up a coordinated ad across 4 different screens (these were on different screens, very physically separated from each other and run by different media companies. I cannot tell you the shitfest that was involved in coordinating all the screens' timings.

Ultimately we had to end up buying 1.8x the time on the screens compared to the actual length of our ad, because we needed to purchase extra "buffer" time on 2 of the screens, since we can't exactly bump others who are advertising there, and the screens actually didn't have impeccable timing (whatever system they use to access the relevant media files was slower on some of them than others, and inconsistent, so you couldn't rely on it being accurate down to the second, as our ad needed) so we had to hire an outside contractor to go take a look and sort out the technicals.
    Lmao are you a real business man for real though cause I've been operating under the assumption that you're taking the role of a business man on a low traffic website as a coping mechanism
    RestStop Space Nigga
    I think the bigger question is how many times has it been Gonted?
    Originally posted by Wasp Sugar Lmao are you a real business man for real though cause I've been operating under the assumption that you're taking the role of a business man on a low traffic website as a coping mechanism

Not any more. I'm retired.
    Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    If I could do it and didn't think I'd get caught, I'd do it and get caught.
Jump to Top