User Controls

Lanny's Caring Levels

-SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Many people have asked: "Does Lanny really care?"

Well, the long and the short of it is, yes and no. It depends on the situation. If it is a situation he does not personally agree with, then he wouldn't care. If it something he personally would like to see come to fruition, then yes, he damned well does so care, and you just better like it. Is this wrong? Some would say yes. Some would say no.

But is basing your level of concern strictly on emotion and personal gratification really such a good thing? What are the consequences? The pros and cons? How does this particular MO translate to the best welfare of the BBS, its content, and those who inhabit it? What makes Lanny's arbitrary caring levels good, and what makes Lanny's unpredictable caring levels bad?

Discuss?
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    Shut the fuck up.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Shut the fuck up.
    Example 1:

User: Why do you let "x" get away with shit and not me?
    Lanny: Fuck you. I warned you. I don't care about you.
    User: But if you look in the thread from last month you banned me for, I'm not the one w...
    Lanny: Cry moar. I don't care what you think. And remember, I'm the Admin.
    User: If I offered free vermouth shots to anyone who would agree not to make me spam people who spammed me first who you didn't do anything about, would you reconsider?
    Lanny: I very well might.... errr... will there be peach schnapps as well...?

Q: Good or bad?

Example 2:

User: The flux capacitor is molecularity enhanced by the x/y energy stream of the quantum state in the relative synergy relationship between the none-polynomial function and the quasi-hexadecimal product.
    Lanny: Shut up. You don't even know what a flux capacitor is. I do. What you said doesn't even make sense.
    User: But you'd have to agree that the x/y energy stream is in fact...
    Lanny: You are an idiot. All you are doing is stringing random words together. I know everything. This is your last warning.
    User: But, but... wouldn't you agree that a non-polynomial subset of the same...
    Lanny: It doesn't matter what you think. Get it? And I still see you lips moving.
    User: If we look at the...
    Lanny: SHUT IT. Signed; The Administrator. (calls up user's IP addresses)

Originally posted by Z-K I'm starting to think he just dont like me

But the question is, is that good or bad?
    Originally posted by -SpectraL Example 1:

User: But if you look in the thread from last month you banned me for, I'm not the one w…
    User: If I offered free vermouth shots to anyone who would agree not to make me spam people who spammed me first who you didn't do anything about, would you reconsider?
    Lanny: I very well might…. errr… will there be peach schnapps as well…?

Example 2:

User: The flux capacitor is molecularity enhanced by the x/y energy stream of the quantum state in the relative synergy relationship between the none-polynomial function and the quasi-hexadecimal product.
    Lanny: Shut up. You don't even know what a flux capacitor is. I do. What you said doesn't even make sense.
    User: But you'd have to agree that the x/y energy stream is in fact…
    Lanny: You are an idiot. All you are doing is stringing random words together. I know everything. This is your last warning.
    User: But, but… wouldn't you agree that a non-polynomial subset of the same…
    Lanny: It doesn't matter what you think. Get it? And I still see you lips moving.
    User: If we look at the…

This would have been funny if not for the fact you are trying to slander Lanny.
    the fact you are trying to slander Lanny
    you are trying to slander Lanny
    trying to slander Lanny
    slander Lanny
    Lanny
    Originally posted by -SpectraL Example 1:

User: But if you look in the thread from last month you banned me for, I'm not the one w…
    Lanny: I very well might…. errr… will there be peach schnapps as well…?

Example 2:

User: But you'd have to agree that the x/y energy stream is in fact…
    User: But, but… wouldn't you agree that a non-polynomial subset of the same…
    User: If we look at the…

good and good, learn to prove yourself like a useful human like the first example, not autistically like the second. or the guy in the second example could've linked a source at least
    Originally posted by Memeing_Electron …the guy in the second example could've linked a source at least

By the same token, Lanny COULD have sourced a reference as well. Is that not correct?
    Originally posted by -SpectraL By the same token, Lanny COULD have sourced a reference as well. Is that not correct?

you don't have to kiss ass if you're on top. such is life, welcome to the real world
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by -SpectraL By the same token, Lanny COULD have sourced a reference as well. Is that not correct?

considering you wrote the second example, it's really all your fault isn't it?
    Originally posted by aldra considering you wrote the second example, it's really all your fault isn't it?

Call me crazy, but I prefer documentary to fiction.
    Originally posted by Memeing_Electron you don't have to kiss ass if you're on top. such is life, welcome to the real world

Aha! So there is some baloney to this meat sandwich after all!
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by aldra considering you wrote the second example, it's really all your fault isn't it?

ps. this was meant to be read with this scene in mind:

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    I think he is trying to learn from his mistakes. Nobody is perfect and you can't please everyone.

Lanny has banned me in an unfair matter before. He fucked with my account and lied to me. He doesn't Thank posts I know he found funny. That's what I'm dealing with, I know that. I still think he does a good job.

I'm not expecting him to change his personality for this forum. That's actually what I like about him. He isn't "the admin" to me. It's Lanny.

The rule set of this place and form of moderation really allows a chill forum atmosphere only a couple SHITRATS try to interrupt by being completely unenhancemented attention junkies.

NiS is aight.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by RisiR † I'm not expecting him to change his personality for this forum. That's actually what I like about him. He isn't "the admin" to me. It's Lanny.

Uhmmm.. but he IS the admin. He has access to ban functions, and he does use them, so it's not like he's "just a reg" anymore. So, while it would be romantic and liberal to imagine he's just one of the nigs, that is not truly the case.
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    His trigger finger is busy with fidgeting a spinner, nigger.

I don't see him powertrippin' at all to be honest. It feels to me that he'd rather deal with it in a civilzed manner.
    Originally posted by -SpectraL Uhmmm.. but he IS the admin. He has access to ban functions, and he does use them, so it's not like he's "just a reg" anymore. So, while it would be romantic and liberal to imagine he's just one of the nigs, that is not truly the case.

I would rather suffer a thousand Lannies than a single Spectral you huge fucking faggot.
    Originally posted by Sophie I would rather suffer a thousand Lannies than a single Spectral you huge fucking faggot.

You don't scare me, kid.
    Originally posted by RisiR † His trigger finger is busy with fidgeting a spinner, nigger.

I don't see him powertrippin' at all to be honest. It feels to me that he'd rather deal with it in a civilzed manner.

Well, there are at least five regulars who disagree with you. And it's not a matter of powertripping, it's a matter of playing favorites and being arbitrary. Under whose authority? What authority? Which authority? These are all very good questions, at this point.
Jump to Top