User Controls

Fruit

Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    Does anybody else have a hard time with it? Vegetables, no problem. I eat loads of veggies. But, fruit just doesn't appeal to me. It's either too messy or too sweet or unripe. I don't get enough natural sugars because of this. What are your fruit eating habits?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    hydromorphone victim of incest [insincerely conduce my paisley]
    I've always loved fruit and have consumed a lot of fruit all my life. When I was pregnant, fruit was literally all I could eat for 95% of the time, the bulk of my pregnancy and even when I could stomach some other things, I craved and highly preferred it, and that's still stuck with me.

In the last year I've been very ill and had a hard time eating, but it's recently gotten a lot better. Even during that, when I could eat, it was mainly fruit was all I could eat, or wanted to eat. The trend continues, though, but my appetite has improved.
    You just gotta find one you like. My personal favourites are watermelon, bananas and apples. I'm not going to include mangoes because they are a special case.

Watermelon is just all around amazing, I'm not even joking about how much I love watermelon; I keep at least 2 in each fridge. When I'm feeling snacky, I take the watermelon, cut it in half, and just demolish it with a spoon. Masterclass.

Apples and bananas are just convenient, grab one and chomp away. Just avoid making eye contact while eating a banana.

Mangoes are a special case because Pakistani mangoes are the pinnacle of human experienxe; they are a testament to the beauty of nature and her design, and truly if they exist, so must a God who is kind enough to create them. But non-Pakistani mangoes are absolutely ruined by Pakistani mangoes. They are on such another level of quality that all mangoes from anywhere else in the world taste like nothing but disappointment, particularly disappointment that no better countries have stolen their mangoes and begin cultivating them in the West. So the mangoes you get in the west are basically worthless.
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    I don't think fruit is a necessary or particularly important part of a diet. Fructose seems to have unique qualities that make it much more harmful than sucrose.

One theory is that due to the natural seasonal variation in fruit availability, often during the fall, we may have evolved to naturally evolved to become fattened up from it, store fat at a rate considerably higher than from other food sources, in preparation for winter. Of course it's only been relative recent in our evolutionary history that it's become as widely and regularly available as it is today.

Another critical factor many miss is that modern varieties of fruit have been bred to be far sweeter than they normally would have, fructose being x times sweeter than sucrose per weight. In part this is from people being conditioned to crave and becoming accustomed to far higher levels of sugar in the diet, you can easily find graphs showing how much consumption has increased, along with the prevalence of diabetes and metabolic syndrome/pre-diabetes. And of course people naturally like sweet things, truly wild, natural, varieties of fruit can be rather plain tasting, particularly relative to the food we have available in modern society.

As for vitamins, something very misleading that's often posted on vegetarian/vegan, fruitarian, or raw websites is the amount of vitamins fruits, and vegetables, have on a per calorie basis. The problem with this is that compared to starches, grains, meat, and fat, fruit has a much lower calorie density. The amount you would need to eat to attain these levels is completely unrealistic, and with fruit you would aso be consuming absurd levels of fructose and sucrose. Not only that, but many of the vitamins are in forms that have very poor bioavailability, it's been found that a considerable percentage of the population has genetic variants which lead to almost no conversion to the form that the body utilizes.

Overall, I think fruits should be limited and seen as a treat. I would also look up data on the amount and types of sugars they contain. I'm a fan of lightly fried plantains, though, they're starchy, high in fiber and calories, and taste nice when truly ripe (outside should be black, inside will be a nice creamy color); I think they're a good dietary stable in reasonable amounts.
    The reason fruit is"good" for you is that it's sugars are released slowly due to being trapped in its fibers. Despite mastication, the sugars release slowly and satiate you for longer. That's why it's good to take your sugar in the form of fruit, versus most junk food. The vitamins and fiber itself are not necessary if you just take some supplements but it's good to eat fruit to get your daily sugar.
    You really don't need much sugar. The effect fiber has on the release slipped my mind.
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    I always used to hate fruit but since I hit 40 I got a real taste for it. sometimes I eat tins of peaches like they're going out of fashion, and blueberry pancakes too.

User was banned for saying the taboo phrase "fruit"!
    Narc Space Nigga [connect my yokel-like scolytidae]
    zanick you sneaky fuck

FUCKING BOLLOCKS WILLIEBUMTITPOO

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    man I'm fucking pissed off right now. my account got banned by this slippery sneaky fuck, I got a slight smack withdrawel, my fucking computers fucked coz I skimped out and bought some cheap shit trashy printer and I'm bored out of my fucking mind waiting for payday next Friday. this is fucking bollocks, I want to make a complaint pleeze.

Holy shit, my zanny is a champ
    fuck you captain flaccid

Originally posted by Malice You really don't need much sugar. The effect fiber has on the release slipped my mind.

Yes but it's far preferable to other ways of getting sugar, amd most people want some sugar.
    I'm the opposite. I eat the shit out of some fruit. And really the only way I can eat vegetables is if I purée it in a blender (with fruit) and drink it.
    7 posts later and I'm back HA

Originally posted by NARCassist 7 posts later and I'm back HA

But not without some battle scars you victim of incest.
    yeah I don wanna talk bout that.

This now explains your fascination with playing priest.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    "I keep at least two in each fridge."

Faggot max confirmed.

Jesus Falco.
    Originally posted by NARCassist 7 posts later and I'm back HA

Originally posted by Dargo But not without some battle scars you victim of incest.

Ha! He literally got banned 5 hours later for losing again!
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    LOLOLOLOL.
Jump to Top