User Controls

An investigators job must suck

SBTlauien African Astronaut
    I like watching shows like the First 48 and other investigator-type shows, but I bet working that would suck. All those cold cases, never to be solved.

Imagine having a suspect and knowing that he did it. You know he's the guy, but you can't prove it. Everything points to him, but according to the rules of the legal system, you can't arrest him until you provide some evidence for the district attorney.

And then time starts passing. He's free out there, living his life like a normal person. He's pretending to be an innocent, law-abiding citizen, but you know that he did it. He obviously feels no guilt and has no remorse for what he's done. Every time you check up on him, he's got something good going for him and he's just acting like a moral person, completely playing a role.

You begin to realize that he's not going to get caught unless you get a confession, and that's not going to happen because he knows not to talk to you, and you know he's not going to tell anyone because he doesn't feel guilty for his crime. You ultimately realize that he's not going to pay for his crime. Justice will not be served. Your case goes cold and likely will never be solved.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Just frame him.
    Number13 African Astronaut [dispute my snotty-nosed seagull]
    Originally posted by SBTlauien I like watching shows like the First 48 and other investigator-type shows, but I bet working that would suck. All those cold cases, never to be solved.

Imagine having a suspect and knowing that he did it. You know he's the guy, but you can't prove it. Everything points to him, but according to the rules of the legal system, you can't arrest him until you provide some evidence for the district attorney.

And then time starts passing. He's free out there, living his life like a normal person. He's pretending to be an innocent, law-abiding citizen, but you know that he did it. He obviously feels no guilt and has no remorse for what he's done. Every time you check up on him, he's got something good going for him and he's just acting like a moral person, completely playing a role.

You begin to realize that he's not going to get caught unless you get a confession, and that's not going to happen because he knows not to talk to you, and you know he's not going to tell anyone because he doesn't feel guilty for his crime. You ultimately realize that he's not going to pay for his crime. Justice will not be served. Your case goes cold and likely will never be solved.

Kill him and get away with it because you're an investigator and know how evidence is found and used.
Jump to Top