User Controls

Our VOICES

mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Is it not mind boggling how our voices are almost like fingerprints?

We could ALL sing the happy birthday song word for word, on pitch, and know exactly who is who (from those of us never too pussy to share our voice). That's actually very intriguing to me how that works.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Don't you just love being a human. It comes with many perks.
    BOSS Yung Blood
    It's interesting, I can usually discern whether or not someone is a drug addict or has a drug problem based on their voice. I do not do business with addicts unless they pay up front, and their voice is a good first indicator that they might be an addict.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Then there's the bad voices and the good voices. Some are off-key, or squeaky, or high, or way low. Some are clean, and some are just like sporadic grunts, while others are so faint they get buried in the mix. Some are sopranos. Some are tenors. Some don't even sing, they just basically talk, like in those Pink Floyd songs.
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    mmQ, this is a website for a reason. If you want to meet people, go to a bar.

Your thirsting for actual human contact won't be satisfied by seeing or hearing us on a screen and through speakers.

Tinychat is a lie and you are the pussy.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    Originally posted by RisiR † mmQ, this is a website for a reason. If you want to meet people, go to a bar.

Your thirsting for actual human contact won't be satisfied by seeing or hearing us on a screen and through speakers.

Imagine me saying this in my truly unique fingerprint voice while looking you deep in the eyes.

Imagination.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    *thread needs maor darkhunter*
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by RisiR † mmQ, this is a website for a reason. If you want to meet people, go to a bar.

You hush your typing voice!
    If you took every single different musical note and played them all together, you would get something like a cross between an elephant, a lion and giant symphony of white noise.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    What is the SPECTRUM of sound? Is there a defined highest and lowest possible pitch?
    Originally posted by mmQ What is the SPECTRUM of sound? Is there a defined highest and lowest possible pitch?

No. Both ends of the spectrum continue to infinity. So it is never possible to capture all possible sounds/voices. But IF you could hear them all, it would sound something like what I described. An elephant at full volume, at the same time as a roaring lion, and this gigantic field of white noise radiating out from the sound of the elephant and lion mixed together.
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    Originally posted by mmQ What is the SPECTRUM of sound? Is there a defined highest and lowest possible pitch?

It is meassured in hertz. The audible spectrum ranges from about 20hz to about 20,000hz. The lower the frequency the lower the sound and vice versa.
    Originally posted by RisiR † It is meassured in hertz. The audible spectrum ranges from about 20hz to about 20,000hz. The lower the frequency the lower the sound and vice versa.

What do hear at 19hz and 20,001hz?
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    Nothing.
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    This one is even better.

mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Ooh I played that for Chootie and her ears went all wild wacky waving inflatable flailing arm tube man.
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    126hz to 18somethingKhz is my range.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Hmm. According to that last one my range is 100hz to 1500hz.

I wonder if you can train yourself to hear higher and lower pitches.
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    Originally posted by mmQ 1500hz.

Did you forget a zero?
Jump to Top