User Controls

Blade Runner was the greatest film of all time.

Lanny Bird of Courage
    Greatest film. Of all time. Pure art. DADoES wasn't nearly as good.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Absolutely.

*image of krang*
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    high school ruined it for me
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    What spurred this?

This is my favorite film, and has been since I first saw it, I don't know how long ago, many years, which makes me wary. Don't you dare talk shit about Blade Runner.

I've seen the greats, and they're all incredible in their own way, but Blade Runner, it resonates with me, it's art, beauty; there's something special about it.

Lanny, did you view it Oculus Cinema? Once we get higher resolution that's how I'm going to view all films. Blade Runner is such a good fit for it.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by aldra high school ruined it for me

How is that?
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by Lanny How is that?

it's not a bad film by any means, but having to watch and rewatch it in parts to analyse minutae really stops you from enjoying it

Alien and Dark City are pretty good and in a similar vein

User was banned for saying the taboo phrase "film"!
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    FUCK YES SUCK IT
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Malice What spurred this?

Originally posted by aldra User was banned for saying the taboo phrase "film"!
    Originally posted by aldra User was banned for saying the taboo phrase "film"!

Nice

But damn, what a shitty time to get banned
    Damn, seriously? I hope this helps everyone realize just what a bitch Lanny is at heart and why he is wholly deserving of my revenge scheme.

Don't tell me you lied about Blade Runner being your favorite film as well? What is your opinion on it, just in terms of general ranking?
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I fucking KNEW IT.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Kolokol-1 Nice

But damn, what a shitty time to get banned
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    But seriously, I really do like Blade Runner. I don't think it's the greatest film of all time, I just thought it would get comment out of aldra that saying it was the greatest was more likely to make someone say something like "I don't know about the best film". I did like it a lot, I think Chinatown might the top in my mind. I actually had the same experience of having it (Chinatown) picked apart in a classroom setting but it didn't ruin it for me. Mostly the professor talked a lot about the technical effects and stuff which weren't all that impressive viewing it in the 21st century.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Randomly making a thread calling it the BEZT seemed suspicious enough. I think Falco is up to something similar in his latest thread.
    Could I really do such a thing to a being who appreciates Blade Runner?

It makes me realize my inhumanity.

No, that would be a very trivial reason not go through with a plan. Of course you're bound to have at least a few shared interests, things you enjoy. Don't let it cloud your vision.
    Rosemary Yung Blood [the irreproachably endogamous sagina]
    Blade Runner - Best film.
    Star Wars - Best franchise.
    Star Trek (Only counting 1, 2, and my guilty pleasure, Undiscovered Country) - Best continuation of a TV series through movies.

I can only hope the new Blade Runner will actually be a good continuation of the original, and that it'll have the same level of charm and realism that really made me enjoy the first. Unfortunately, I have no faith that they won't make it a super gritty and ridiculous pure-action flick like they did Robocop (which is amazing, considering the original wasn't even that good, and the remake managed to take the campiness and ridiculousness of the original and mash it into some sort of God-Awful hour-long torturefest everyone regretted going to as soon as the opening credits hit).
    ^ Hey, newfag, who are you? We generally don't get new posters here, pretty much everyone, afaik, is from an old community (totse and zoklet).
    Originally posted by Malice ^ Hey, newfag, who are you? We generally don't get new posters here, pretty much everyone, afaik, is from an old community (totse and zoklet).

I'm Rosemary, I'm new, and I never used totse. It was around before my time, unfortunately, but I do like what little stuff I've seen from it (recovered/salvaged stuff).
    That is bizarre. There is literally no one I'm aware who is currently active and not from the old forums.

What brought you here? How did you find this site?
    Originally posted by Malice That is bizarre. There is literally no one I'm aware who is currently active and not from the old forums.

What brought you here? How did you find this site?

I have no idea lmao

I think I was googling around for a ToTSE replacement that I could participate in and I found myself here.
    Should I leave, senpai?
Jump to Top