User Controls

Comcast Userdata Used to Create Support for Anti-Net Neutrality Laws

aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Apparently someone who has full access to Comcast's userdata has been sending feedback to the FCC in support of plans to roll back 'Net Neutrality' using customer details...

As in, Comcast or someone with access to their userdata has been impersonating Comcast customers to build support for Comcast business interests.

https://www.comcastroturf.com/ - if you're a Comcast customer this site will check to see if your account details have been used to send feedback to the FCC.

http://bgr.com/2017/05/23/comcast-fcc-net-neutrality-legal-analysis/ - summary as to what's going on. Of course Comcast has tried to get an injunction against the above site, hasn't been successful so far though.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    One more entry in a long list of reasons comcast needs to be trust-busted into the dirt.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    Comcast tends to have a bad reputation all around. I don't think I've ever heard a person talk positively about Comcast.
    comcast is the fucking worst

they should be haemorrhaging subscribers, but I'm guessing most of their customers either don't know how shady they are, don't have any other options or are clinically retarded. a pretty big chunk probably fall into all 3 categories
    hydromorphone victim of incest [insincerely conduce my paisley]
    Yeah... Comcast is the worst and I'm so glad I or my family haven't ever been in a position to be customers (sometimes that's the only provider in your area and it sucks).

Currently, I'm with Verizon which over all has been pretty good.

This is fucked shit to think is going on though. I hope the news and people catch on to this and something is done about it.

Doesn't an image search for Comcast still come up with a Nazi flag? That is fucking great. I hope so... It warms my heart so many people put that much effort into branding that shit company with Nazi affiliation. I only wish they could have associated them with child molesters, that's the only thing that would have been better.
    Originally posted by hydromorphone Yeah… Comcast is the worst and I'm so glad I or my family haven't ever been in a position to be customers (sometimes that's the only provider in your area and it sucks).

Currently, I'm with Verizon which over all has been pretty good.

This is fucked shit to think is going on though. I hope the news and people catch on to this and something is done about it.

Doesn't an image search for Comcast still come up with a Nazi flag? That is fucking great. I hope so… It warms my heart so many people put that much effort into branding that shit company with Nazi affiliation. I only wish they could have associated them with child molesters, that's the only thing that would have been better.

I just checked and they took it down. I swear it was up there last week. Very recently at least least
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    One positive is that those free hotspots Comcast has, use the clients NIC MAC address to keep track of sessions/users. So if you spoof that, you can get unlimited service. The service is somewhat shit though, and with all the free wifi out there, the price of prepaid hotspots/phones, and the network security risk on these hotspots, it's not ever really worth it.
    "one positive is... .. ...it's never really worth it"

lol

lol²
Jump to Top