User Controls

Symbolism in the bible

fag Houston
    To me the philosophy of turn the other cheek is flawed. If you turn the other cheek when someone is abusing you then you embolden the abuser and leave your own self esteem to rot. All in all it just makes the world a worse place for everyone, not only are you letting yourself down but you are allowing an abusive person to continue to abuse other people. My theory about the story of Jesus goes like this. Jesus represents your ego and God represents your true self and everything that encompasses. So to act like Jesus is to sacrifice your ego because it is a product of your true self. The ego is then brought back to life by the true self and it is stronger for it. When someone abuses you then it is time to fight because they are not attacking your ego but your true self and that cannot be tolerated.

Any thoughts from the peanut gallery?
    bling bling Dark Matter
    idoit the whole book is sybolism
    If an enemy smites you on the cheek smite him hip, thigh, and cheek. Rule of three and all that...
    snab_snib African Astronaut
    Originally posted by bling bling idoit the whole book is sybolism

idiot everything is symbolism
    fag Houston
    Originally posted by bling bling idoit the whole book is sybolism

Then why am I literally Jesus?
    The Bible is meant to be studied along with all the religious spiritual works of humamity, this is the path of trianglism

Jump to Top