User Controls

Morrowind vs Skyrim

''Jump off shit repeatedly to train your 'acrobatics' skill'' vs ''Mountain climbing simulator'''

Never played Oblivion but I assume the fakeness and gayness would be of a similar degree

'
    Things I've Been Doing Besides Being Catatonic:
    1. Watching South Park
    2. Listening to FIDLAR
    3. Modding Skyrim a million times to make it playable
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Fallout 3.
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    Fallout 4 unlocks at midnight tonight.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Morrowind is the better game by a mile, skyrim's art directions sucks dick, quests are intolerably unoriginal, and combat ranges between "easy as dicks" and "niggers are spongy so exploit their shit tier pathing while you wait for your CoD heathbar to regen". I mean I played it, I even liked it sometimes because it was pretty, but there wasn't a character I gave a fuck about in the entire game, I had no meaningful choice in anything, the ending was a joke and the whole plot didn't even come close to surprising me once. Dungeon design stepped up a lot from oblivion (and morrowind, but dungeon crawling wasn't a core dynamic for a good reason) but because there's the slightly different puzzles and they were human designed apparently someone felt it was necessary to put you through a niggermillion hours of them to show off. I spent so much time in fucking dusty pussy viking tombs I often forgot there was actually a really pretty, atmospheric world right above my head. Like what about making travel sorta interesting again? Remember in morrowind how you had to stock up on potions or scrolls or whatever whenever you went to the ashlands or beyond the ghost fence? Remember sneaking around daedric ruins because you'd get fucked up if you got too close? Remember in FO3 how the further north you went the more likely you were to get assraped by the wildlife so you actually had to _work_ to get to the top of the map? Those were some of the most fun experiences I had in the game, just navigating when I couldn't blow away any surface dwelling nigga with ease.

Bleh, whatever, I've given up on beth anyway.
    I think both games suck. They aren't really "games" and more like "hike through this deserted tundra for 400 hours to do a quest, so you can look at how much time we spent drawing an empty nuclear warzone!". Skyrim is slightly better to me because there are quest markers.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    I actually enjoyed tundra navigator 2000, finding stuff when you had consistently shit directions felt a lot like what exploring sparsely populated deserts would feel like in real life, but in a good way. What about that make it not a game? What's your idea of a fun game?
    For a game that's hailed as one of the best RPGs of all time, there isn't very much to do. For every 2 minutes of questing you spend the other 58 minutes being a GPS.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    For a game that's hailed as one of the best RPGs of all time, there isn't very much to do. For every 2 minutes of questing you spend the other 58 minutes being a GPS.

Again, navigation is part of the reason people enjoy the game. Exploration where you can actually get lost is a great mechanic for generating legitimately unscripted player experiences. Also morrowind had more quests than oblivion, likely more than skyrim but I haven't played it enough that I can say with certainty.

What does skyrim have for you to do? You can fight or you can... fight while exploring linear dungeons? The money is worthless after a few hours so any economic activity is meaningless, the house furnishing thing is a gimmick that morrowind mods outdid literally a decade ago.
    Torrented Fallout: New Vegas. Totally fake and utterly gay. It's like Skyrim with guns, except with more mountains and less stuff.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    yeah, if you don't like exploring you're not going to enjoy any of those open-world RPGs.

I definitely agree with morrowind's narrative being much stronger, but I never played skyrim for the story. in fact I don't think I ever actually finished it over however many playthroughs I did... I usually got messed up and made up my own quests and stories and stuff, like when I made a character called 'Mr Whiskers' who was sworn to kill cat-racists across the land. I had more fun justifying punch-murders and looking for gear to more effectively punch-murder than I did following any of the major quests.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    VUS ROH DA faggots.

Skyrim was over 9000 times better than Morrowind, also something can be said for Obvlivion, shit was good as well.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Morrowind is the better game by a mile, skyrim's art directions sucks dick, quests are intolerably unoriginal, and combat ranges between "easy as dicks" and "niggers are spongy so exploit their shit tier pathing while you wait for your CoD heathbar to regen". I mean I played it, I even liked it sometimes because it was pretty, but there wasn't a character I gave a fuck about in the entire game, I had no meaningful choice in anything, the ending was a joke and the whole plot didn't even come close to surprising me once. Dungeon design stepped up a lot from oblivion (and morrowind, but dungeon crawling wasn't a core dynamic for a good reason) but because there's the slightly different puzzles and they were human designed apparently someone felt it was necessary to put you through a niggermillion hours of them to show off. I spent so much time in fucking dusty pussy viking tombs I often forgot there was actually a really pretty, atmospheric world right above my head. Like what about making travel sorta interesting again? Remember in morrowind how you had to stock up on potions or scrolls or whatever whenever you went to the ashlands or beyond the ghost fence? Remember sneaking around daedric ruins because you'd get fucked up if you got too close? Remember in FO3 how the further north you went the more likely you were to get assraped by the wildlife so you actually had to _work_ to get to the top of the map? Those were some of the most fun experiences I had in the game, just navigating when I couldn't blow away any surface dwelling nigga with ease.

Bleh, whatever, I've given up on beth anyway.

Only character i gave a fuck about in Skyrim was the vampire princess from the expansion i wanted my character to wife her but the game wouldn't allow me.

FUCK YOU GAME DEVS!
Jump to Top