User Controls

I made mochi

Lanny Bird of Courage
    weeb mode: engaged!

Made them plain style with anko filling. It was pretty rough, the rice goop is sticky as a motherfucker:

Aesthetics aside, it came out really pretty close to what you find in Japan, close enough that I don't think I could tell the difference which is a pleasant surprise.

I want to try green tea flavor next time
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    i made pp D:
    looks good
    What recipe did you use? How do they taste? Are you happy with the product? Do you plan on making it again?
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    This one: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/193307/easy-mochi/

sans the matcha. I am quite happy with the product. I think I need to practice a bit to get the appropriate filling/mochi ratio and not munt it up in the filling process, but it tastes pretty dope as is. I do plan on making it again. I might bump the sugar content just a bit, it's traditionally only very mildly sweet but even in japan modern recipes have gradually become a bit sweeter than it came out.
    Number13 African Astronaut [dispute my snotty-nosed seagull]
    You're supposed to make mochi with a girlfriend or wife, you pound the mochi and then pound them.
    But good on you though, right about em being ugly but as long as they tasted good that's all that matters, presentation doesn't matter, like how in a restaurant they serve you a pennies worth of meat and then jizz all over it as presentation and then massively inflate the price.

Make taiyaki next nigga, make golden darkness happy.
    Esplender Tuskegee Airman [my gynecological profit-maximising katar]
    Should try it with nutella lad
Jump to Top