User Controls

Pro: About psychiatrists, even if you don’t need one right now

Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    Meant protip

Unless it will affect your potential future employment (government is the major concern, and those jobs are for losers and retards) start seeing a psych as soon as possible and lie about symptoms of depression, make yourself look as sad as possible. Lie about buspirone for anxiety as well, because it’s absolutely useless.

Would you want to do is keep cycling through ssris lie about the side effects you're having let them raise the dose and then when it seems like they're completely ineffective, move on to the next. Go through SNRIs, even TCAs and some augmentations/combos.

What you want is to receive a solid diagnosis of treatment resistant depression so you can get right to the most effective treatments, what actually works, if you ever need it (Do not assume you never will, you are an arrogant idiot that doesn’t understand neuroscience if you do.).

I swear to god, I don’t know what they’re teaching psychiatrists these days, but the overwhelming majority barely seem to know shit about the brain, or at least remember what they learned in school (very good evidence of how low retention is). They sure as hell aren't likely to know shit about the neurological basis of Asperger's and how it effects your drug response.

They're so fucking stupid that even after decades they still think SSRIs are effective treatments for even the most severe depression. Ask them, on your preferred depression rating scale, based on the best meta analysis you're aware of, what is the average point reduction in responders? If you want me to try another SSRI, why would the effects be dramatically different if they have the same basic mechanism of action, with some relatively minor differences in the effect profile on sub-receptors? Don't actually ask them things like this, of course. SSRIs are not effective, they only have statistical effectiveness above placebo in severe depression, and even then the reduction is pathetic, and there are side effects and withdrawal symptoms that are very unpleasant and do not help with depression (severe blunted affect and the world feeling unnervingly "off" are the main ones I experienced. Post ssri sexual dysfunction, which can be semi or even permanent, may be a real thing. There's an enormous amount of bullshit about them as well, which I don't believe because the evidence doesn't support it and there are much sounder explanations (There is immense corruption, but it doesn't account for everything, and I don't believe they cause people to go on killing sprees (probably, and even if so, the effect is insignificant.) They're even less effective than bright light therapy, there's all this evergreening shit constantly going on, etc.

So many of them are so fucking stupid that they literally want you to try every SSRI before moving on. I swear to god, for the reasons I posted above, they are absolute fucking retards. Fortunately as you move onto so called 2nd and third line antidepressants they become far less numerous, and tend to have many more side effects, making it much more believable that you aren't responding well to them.

People with treatment resistant depression can literally waste over a decade of their life before they finally find an effective cure: www.psychotropical.com/anti-depressants/maois

Post last edited by Malice at 2017-05-12T15:01:09.928609+00:00
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    was probably terminated by a psychiatrist for giving away their secrets before he could finish the post
    Originally posted by aldra was probably terminated by a psychiatrist for giving away their secrets before he could finish the post

No, I was doing it on my phone because my internet went out for a while.

Not sure if there's anything else I want to say, but if I have to resort to indirect threats, secretly recording everything so I can sue the shit out of them if they lie, I will.

*Takes off sunglasses and glares menacingly* "I think it would really be best for everyone if I remained on Nardil."

Before that: "I have to be honest, before I was having serious thoughts of suicide and was on the verge. I read the infamous book about suicide techniques named "Final Exit" and almost bought the equipment needed. I know about exist bags, where you can simply rent an inert gas, like a helium tank, and put an airtight bag over your head. You can also buy benzos and mix them with opiates. There are legal research chemical benzos that are very powerful and easy to get, even some RC opioids, and I know how to use the darknet markets, Silk Road being the most infamous one in the past. I also considered ordering phenobarbital and potassium cyanide.

^ Extremely risky.

2nd: I can't go off it. I need to be perfectly honest with you, the last time I was taken off I became suicidal and nearly made an attempt. It takes two weeks for MAOIs to wash out, and then other antidepressants can take up to a month to work after that, if you even respond. I don't have any plans, thoughts of suicide, and want to live, but I don't feel safe and will probably need to be hospitalized the entire time, especially since I'm completely isolated right now.

3rd: I'm afraid I'm going to become incredibly angry if I'm taken off and I'm not sure what I might do. (Deny everything, it's just a feeling). It would really be best for everyone if I remained on it.

4th: Go even further and allude to threats indirectly: There's something I've been thinking about. Most people are aware that the US is the worst 1st world country for healthcare, especially mental healthcare if you're poor. I've read about the famous spree killers whose acts could have been prevented if they had received the care they needed. I've wondered for some time if the only way to change the system is if someone detailed exactly what they went through in the mental health care system, how psychiatrists simply didn't care very much or listen, and they refused to be given anything effective simply because SSRIs are easy to manage for psychiatrists and low liability.

5th: Indirectly threaten them directly. This is going to extremes, and you have to allude to it very carefully, be sure everything is being uploaded to a site where it's saved automatically and they can't access it. Similar to the above, you're afraid of how angry you might become because of how you've reacted in the past. You can also threaten to do as much damage to their career. Related to four, allude to a scenario, but do not say anything that, legally, will connect it to any plan or desire you have, where you've thought about the only effective way to elicit change is to jump off the building of the psychiatric office, blame the person you were seeing for inadequate help, leave a note detailing your experiences, and even during the act leave a large sign near the scene detailing why you did what you did and directly blaming them.

These are extremely risky and none of them will likely work out well, although if you can manage, depending on state laws (be extremely well read, you could at least sue the shit out of them and make bank if they lie to get you involuntarily committed, which there's a serious risk.

Know how to deal with law enforcement beforehand. Flex Your Rights and Don't Talk to the Police are two very good introductory videos.
    "I am invoking my 5th amendment right not to incriminate myself. I wish to have a lawyer appointed to me. I want to speak to a lawyer and refuse to say anything without their presence." Memorize this line. If you're interrogated, no matter what they say, do not say a word. You need to have the discipline and willpower not to crack. Learn about this interrogation technique, I also recall there may be a video of it floating around somewhere, and memorize what to expect: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reid_technique

But before all that, if you manage to get a medication that works and they want to take you off it, just ask to switch psychiatrists, tell them you aren't a good fit and it isn't working out well. You can even change to another location, if possible, or even change your insurance/HMO to move to another location. Just tell the new doc you're doing great on it, it's the only medication that's ever worked, and you have no side effects. Most won't care enough to do any serious research about your history, especially if they're in a very busy location where they meet with people all day.

Two more protips:

1.) Women tend to have, by far, the lowest innate grasp of their field and are simply good at rote memorization, with no real concrete fundamental understand, practical applicability, and are easiest to manipulate. They tend to be emotional and irrational as hell, so be gentle/careful with them.

2.) Nurse practioners can also prescribe medication and they tend to be stupid and unknowledgeable as ever loving shit, at least compared to actual psychs. They're barely going to have any understanding of your condition or the medication, so it can be easy as hell to just tell them you want to continue, or that you think you need a higher dose.

Finally: Yes, I am likely legitimately strongly on the psychopathy scale. I absolutely abhor your species and one of my deepest desires is to see mankind come to an end one way or another. I am an extreme misanthrope for countless reasons, based on over a decade of delving into an absurd amount of knowledge about the subjects that mattered most, the fundamentals of human nature, and being constantly, perpetually, lost in thought and learning to the exclusion of everything else, to the point where I began descending into madness because I couldn't cope with life and manage to crack some of the most difficult questions in existentialism.

I have no desire to change because you, as a species, are wholly undeserving. I have hardened my heart and want to have no compassion for you, in order to be able to do what needs to be done. Out of all the creatures in existence, you are by far the most worthy of absolute extermination and I hope to see the day it occurs.

Am I insane? Is it a matter of statistics when the reality of human nature contains very ugly aspects? At what arbitrary point are you determined to be as such.

Am I evil? Is evil something you are, or is it something you do?

Post last edited by Malice at 2017-05-12T15:36:49.980631+00:00

Post last edited by Malice at 2017-05-12T15:37:07.005105+00:00

Post last edited by Malice at 2017-05-12T15:37:34.967833+00:00

Post last edited by Malice at 2017-05-12T15:41:32.436732+00:00
    snab_snib African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Malice start seeing a psych as soon as possible and lie about symptoms of depression, make yourself look as sad as possible.

they're not going to prescribe me 0-acetylpsilocin.
    Originally posted by Malice I have no desire to change because you, as a species, are wholly undeserving. I have hardened my heart and want to have no compassion for you, in order to be able to do what needs to be done. Out of all the creatures in existence, you are by far the most worthy of absolute extermination and I hope to see the day it occurs.

Am I insane? Is it a matter of statistics when the reality of human nature contains very ugly aspects? At what arbitrary point are you determined to be as such.

>what needs to be done

what needs to be done has no actual context or reality outside of our social existence, because without that you simply become feral and 'what needs to be done' becomes simple physiological reflexes. we are political animals. making moral judgement about humans 'worthiness of extermination' is also a completely political and social evaluation, mister 'i'm a psycho', besides being derived wholly from christian moral altruism. evil, similarly, requires political and social context in order to make sense. it's not arbitrary whatsoever, it's extrapolated from communal needs of the group being practically balanced against personal urges - so when you're simultaneously ignoring the interpersonal element of human life in order to make edgy judgments about human life based on codes of conduct created out of the interpersonal element of human life, you don't look insane. you look stupid.
    What? Isn't it readily available? Not sure what your point is, unless it works very well for your depression, and that isn't hard to believe at all. I'm aware of the research. You should look into Stanislav Grof, particularly his book LSD psychotherapy. Lanny has read it too after he started experimenting with psychedelics and I recommended it, it's absolutely fascinating, a must read. When I read about how incredibly rapidly it can accelerate the therapeutic process I was seething with hatred at the filthy statists that led to it being banned, how the vast majority of pompous apes are incapable of imagining a society that functions without the power of political authority.
    Originally posted by snab_snib >what needs to be done

what needs to be done has no actual context or reality outside of our social existence, because without that you simply become feral and 'what needs to be done' becomes simple physiological reflexes. we are political animals. making moral judgement about humans 'worthiness of extermination' is also a completely political and social evaluation, mister 'i'm a psycho', besides being derived wholly from christian moral altruism. evil, similarly, requires political and social context in order to make sense. it's not arbitrary whatsoever, it's extrapolated from communal needs of the group being practically balanced against personal urges - so when you're simultaneously ignoring the interpersonal element of human life in order to make edgy judgments about human life based on codes of conduct created out of the interpersonal element of human life, you don't look insane. you look stupid.

I don't disagree with that and you completely misunderstood what I said.

Also:

besides being derived wholly from christian moral altruism

What the fuck are you talking about? The latter quote is from American Psycho, the novel. Yes, I know, edgy, but far deeper than most realize, and it posits a very interesting question about the nature of ethics. It wasn't even meant to be taken seriously.

Post last edited by Malice at 2017-05-12T16:08:05.190635+00:00
    Also, if anyone's interested i understanding SSRIs, this is very long, but even a layperson, as long as you have decent intelligence, should be able to understand it: http://slatestarcodex.com/2014/07/07/ssris-much-more-than-you-wanted-to-know/

Psychotropical is an excellent resource as well, which I linked to above.
    Originally posted by Malice What? Isn't it readily available? Not sure what your point is, unless it works very well for your depression, and that isn't hard to believe at all. I'm aware of the research. You should look into Stanislav Grof, particularly his book LSD psychotherapy. Lanny has read it too after he started experimenting with psychedelics and I recommended it, it's absolutely fascinating, a must read. When I read about how incredibly rapidly it can accelerate the therapeutic process I was seething with hatred at the filthy statists that led to it being banned, how the vast majority of pompous apes are incapable of imagining a society that functions without the power of political authority.

0-acetylpsilocin, for me, if for no one else, is the summum bonum, the panacea, the philosophers stone. and i don't mean the high, either. once you (or rather at least I) get used to it after a break-in period, it makes me the absolute best person i can possibly be in every possible way. the therapeutic effect isn't a consequence of 'the trip' for which people usually take the stuff, it's the result of the physiological changes it causes in the brain by its presence. what people call a 'tolerance' is really just side effects. the therapeutic function remains stable once you've adapted, as stable as blood pressure or cholesterol medication. it amuses me to think that the acclimated medicinal dosage would make kissing me mildly psychadelic and drinking my blood would make you trip balls.

it's legal-ish as unscheduled, and hopefully someday i'll be at a place in my life where i can synthesize it myself and be able to take it for the rest of my life.

ps dear federal officers i would never sell it or give it to other people if i did that, it'd just be for personal medicinal purposes.
    I gotta go to the docs, I don't want meds or treatment or owt, I just gotta go because the job centre are demanding I go so I don't lose my final payment
    Originally posted by reject I gotta go to the docs, I don't want meds or treatment or owt, I just gotta go because the job centre are demanding I go so I don't lose my final payment

Why don't you want meds? You could get at least get benzos or something else that's pretty cool/enjoyable. Like I said, just make sure what the condition you're faking is like, memorize the symptoms, make yourself look as bad as possible, and lie your ass off.

It was easy as hell for me to get SSI. Although, to be honest, that really didn't work out well in the long run. Even if you hate it, it's still best to work, unless you have something good under the table/illegal going on.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    The fault, dear malice, is not in our medical practitioners, but in ourselves. I hate to be a downer but this kind of thing can't help but make me think you're never going to get better. Medication is an important part of the clinical process but the fact that you lack the ability to introspect, to realize your inability to fully participate in treatment is the reason you are treatment resistant. Gaming the system for drugs is the exact same thing as your campaign of killing yourself slowly with insane amount of dietary supplements and RCs. It's not a viable strategy.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    I don't need a psychiatrist fuck I don't know maybe I do this is fucked.
    Master shake Yung Blood
    Originally posted by Malice No, I was doing it on my phone because my internet went out for a while.

Not sure if there's anything else I want to say, but if I have to resort to indirect threats, secretly recording everything so I can sue the shit out of them if they lie, I will.

*Takes off sunglasses and glares menacingly* "I think it would really be best for everyone if I remained on Nardil."

Before that: "I have to be honest, before I was having serious thoughts of suicide and was on the verge. I read the infamous book about suicide techniques named "Final Exit" and almost bought the equipment needed. I know about exist bags, where you can simply rent an inert gas, like a helium tank, and put an airtight bag over your head. You can also buy benzos and mix them with opiates. There are legal research chemical benzos that are very powerful and easy to get, even some RC opioids, and I know how to use the darknet markets, Silk Road being the most infamous one in the past. I also considered ordering phenobarbital and potassium cyanide.

^ Extremely risky.

2nd: I can't go off it. I need to be perfectly honest with you, the last time I was taken off I became suicidal and nearly made an attempt. It takes two weeks for MAOIs to wash out, and then other antidepressants can take up to a month to work after that, if you even respond. I don't have any plans, thoughts of suicide, and want to live, but I don't feel safe and will probably need to be hospitalized the entire time, especially since I'm completely isolated right now.

3rd: I'm afraid I'm going to become incredibly angry if I'm taken off and I'm not sure what I might do. (Deny everything, it's just a feeling). It would really be best for everyone if I remained on it.

4th: Go even further and allude to threats indirectly: There's something I've been thinking about. Most people are aware that the US is the worst 1st world country for healthcare, especially mental healthcare if you're poor. I've read about the famous spree killers whose acts could have been prevented if they had received the care they needed. I've wondered for some time if the only way to change the system is if someone detailed exactly what they went through in the mental health care system, how psychiatrists simply didn't care very much or listen, and they refused to be given anything effective simply because SSRIs are easy to manage for psychiatrists and low liability.

5th: Indirectly threaten them directly. This is going to extremes, and you have to allude to it very carefully, be sure everything is being uploaded to a site where it's saved automatically and they can't access it. Similar to the above, you're afraid of how angry you might become because of how you've reacted in the past. You can also threaten to do as much damage to their career. Related to four, allude to a scenario, but do not say anything that, legally, will connect it to any plan or desire you have, where you've thought about the only effective way to elicit change is to jump off the building of the psychiatric office, blame the person you were seeing for inadequate help, leave a note detailing your experiences, and even during the act leave a large sign near the scene detailing why you did what you did and directly blaming them.

These are extremely risky and none of them will likely work out well, although if you can manage, depending on state laws (be extremely well read, you could at least sue the shit out of them and make bank if they lie to get you involuntarily committed, which there's a serious risk.

Know how to deal with law enforcement beforehand. Flex Your Rights and Don't Talk to the Police are two very good introductory videos.
    "I am invoking my 5th amendment right not to incriminate myself. I wish to have a lawyer appointed to me. I want to speak to a lawyer and refuse to say anything without their presence." Memorize this line. If you're interrogated, no matter what they say, do not say a word. You need to have the discipline and willpower not to crack. Learn about this interrogation technique, I also recall there may be a video of it floating around somewhere, and memorize what to expect: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reid_technique

But before all that, if you manage to get a medication that works and they want to take you off it, just ask to switch psychiatrists, tell them you aren't a good fit and it isn't working out well. You can even change to another location, if possible, or even change your insurance/HMO to move to another location. Just tell the new doc you're doing great on it, it's the only medication that's ever worked, and you have no side effects. Most won't care enough to do any serious research about your history, especially if they're in a very busy location where they meet with people all day.

Two more protips:

1.) Women tend to have, by far, the lowest innate grasp of their field and are simply good at rote memorization, with no real concrete fundamental understand, practical applicability, and are easiest to manipulate. They tend to be emotional and irrational as hell, so be gentle/careful with them.

2.) Nurse practioners can also prescribe medication and they tend to be stupid and unknowledgeable as ever loving shit, at least compared to actual psychs. They're barely going to have any understanding of your condition or the medication, so it can be easy as hell to just tell them you want to continue, or that you think you need a higher dose.

Finally: Yes, I am likely legitimately strongly on the psychopathy scale. I absolutely abhor your species and one of my deepest desires is to see mankind come to an end one way or another. I am an extreme misanthrope for countless reasons, based on over a decade of delving into an absurd amount of knowledge about the subjects that mattered most, the fundamentals of human nature, and being constantly, perpetually, lost in thought and learning to the exclusion of everything else, to the point where I began descending into madness because I couldn't cope with life and manage to crack some of the most difficult questions in existentialism.

I have no desire to change because you, as a species, are wholly undeserving. I have hardened my heart and want to have no compassion for you, in order to be able to do what needs to be done. Out of all the creatures in existence, you are by far the most worthy of absolute extermination and I hope to see the day it occurs.

Originally posted by Malice No, I was doing it on my phone because my internet went out for a while.

^ Extremely risky.

Two more protips:

Yep your nardil is working alright
    Originally posted by Malice Why don't you want meds? You could get at least get benzos or something else that's pretty cool/enjoyable. Like I said, just make sure what the condition you're faking is like, memorize the symptoms, make yourself look as bad as possible, and lie your ass off.

It was easy as hell for me to get SSI. Although, to be honest, that really didn't work out well in the long run. Even if you hate it, it's still best to work, unless you have something good under the table/illegal going on.

I'm stable "enough" as it is and don't want SSRI's or MAOI's or whatever. I doubt they'll prescribe me lines of ket to hoof. Benzos is something I need to steer well clear from, I've learnt my lesson, never again. As I say I should have a pretty sweet job, I reckon there's an 80% chance I get it so everything will work out
    Originally posted by Lanny The fault, dear malice, is not in our medical practitioners, but in ourselves. I hate to be a downer but this kind of thing can't help but make me think you're never going to get better. Medication is an important part of the clinical process but the fact that you lack the ability to introspect, to realize your inability to fully participate in treatment is the reason you are treatment resistant. Gaming the system for drugs is the exact same thing as your campaign of killing yourself slowly with insane amount of dietary supplements and RCs. It's not a viable strategy.

Lanny, do you have time to read this? http://slatestarcodex.com/2014/07/07/ssris-much-more-than-you-wanted-to-know/

No? Then keep your fucking mouth shut about subjects that you're completely unqualified to comment on, you pretentious little twat. Have I ever said a thing about computer science to you? No, because I haven't studied it and i have the humility and self-awareness of my limitations to know I'm completely unqualified to have an opinion. And let's see how well life works out for you when you feel increasingly unfulfilled, alienated, unable to find a suitable long term partner, and eventually end up drinking yourself to death. Still planning to go back to school? Are you planning on retiring early and then realizing that it's nothing like you expected and you have nothing to do with your life. Or you could do like anyone else, keep working for decades contributing to a system you hate, the novelty and enjoyment decreasing more and more, likely fall into the lifestyle of choosing the wrong wife, having kids because you likely will change your mind due to being weak willed and still driven by strong biological impulses, especially since you're so spineless that if you do find someone to enter into a relationship with and they eventually develop baby fever you'll end up caving in, and be trapped in the same hell as almost everyone, which in your youthful naivety you'd swear to avoid. And if you leave them, odds are you may attempt to go through this cycle of new relations, but eventually you'll end up alone, completely miserable, and unfulfilled, and these were the exact fears you voiced some time ago.

Honestly, if you claim to be happy in life, I don't think you really understand what happiness is, or just how little emotion you experience compared to others.

There is absolutely nothing remarkable about you. You make money, which clearly doesn't bring you much happiness in life and isn't your main goal in life, you're intelligent, good at compsci, well read, may have some interesting things to talk about, although I doubt you have many, if any people in your life, to have deep discussions with about the things that truly matter to you, and when you to talk to others you most likely just go along with either completely mundane conversation, shallow and unfulfilling attempts at discussion where no one shares your views etc.
    But you know what? There are literally countless others like you in your relatively small geographical area. People only feel large, unique, and important because their worlds are so tiny.

Some time ago, influenced by experimentation with LSD (I recommended Stanislav grof to you) you said you felt fine with just being a cog in humanity. So go ahead and tell yourself you're okay with it, but the truth is that cogs are insignificant compared to not only the entire machine, but the far more important segments as well, and they're boring as hell. That's what you are.

If I never do get better I may just hunt you down beforehand and take you down with me. You were dumb enough to reveal your face and let me record enough (check keyring recorders on eBay, you can strip them down to their basic components and modify them to work peeking out of a coat button hole or pocket) of you to have a pretty solid composite to identify you by, along with all the other information you were either stupid or careless enough to reveal to narrow down your area to a few square blocks, which I already showed you before. Hell, maybe I'll take down any loved ones, if you have any at that point, just because I think you deserve it.

To be clear, I have no intentions of actually doing this, no desire or plan, it's just a hypothetical question that I'm not entirely sure of. If I ever reached that point, what exactly would I do?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    Originally posted by Malice Why don't you want meds? You could get at least get benzos or something else that's pretty cool/enjoyable. Like I said, just make sure what the condition you're faking is like, memorize the symptoms, make yourself look as bad as possible, and lie your ass off.

not everyone likes to scam doctors so they can be doped up constantly..
    Originally posted by Lanny The fault, dear malice, is not in our medical practitioners, but in ourselves. I hate to be a downer but this kind of thing can't help but make me think you're never going to get better. Medication is an important part of the clinical process but the fact that you lack the ability to introspect, to realize your inability to fully participate in treatment is the reason you are treatment resistant. Gaming the system for drugs is the exact same thing as your campaign of killing yourself slowly with insane amount of dietary supplements and RCs. It's not a viable strategy.

Let me simplify the question. I know that CompSci majors like you tend to have devoted so much of your lives to it that you really aren't good at anything else, philosophy being the one thing you seem to have a propensity for, although in terms of practical value you're never going to anything that will make any significant impact at all with it.

So if you accept that you barely know anything about neuroscience and pharmacology, what exactly are you basing your belief that SSRIs and other drugs I'd prefer to avoid are effective? Does it not seem reasonable that I may have good reason not to waste years on my life (people with treatment resistant depression can spend over a decade before finally receiving "last line" effective treatments like ECT)?

Or are you just going to rely on an argument from authority, ignoring the immense flaws of the education system, and just assume that, despite the alleged consensus and common views in so many other fields that you disagree with, the institutional, social, and cognitive biases, every flaw of human nature that leads to this profoundly imperfect world, they're probably right and you should just blindly trust them? Because if that's all you're basing it on and you don't see the problem with this, you're only demonstrating what an incredibly stupid motherfucker you can be in countless ways.
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    ITT: malice throws a hissy fit and gets mad that people don't agree with him being a weak welfare nigger
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Malice Lanny, do you have time to read this? http://slatestarcodex.com/2014/07/07/ssris-much-more-than-you-wanted-to-know/

Have I read a blog post about SSRIs? Like 4 pages worth of paper review aimed at a general audience? That's what I need to read make informed comment on the clinical efficacy of SSRIs? I mean I read it, awhile ago while trawling through SSC archives (you overrate this dude, him and like 20 other entirely uninspired LW orbiting bloggers are old hat in the HN circle), not that it's relevant because you'll notice I said nothing about SSRIs. The entire point was there's more to treatment than drugs, but this seems to have gone entirely over your head.

Have I ever said a thing about computer science to you?

You take the opportunity to tell me about the aggregate psychology of people in my field (one you'd probably struggle to even define on the spot) on a regular basis, and you have some pretty, uhh, bold, opinions about artificial intelligence. So yeah, you have, often.

No, because I haven't studied it and i have the humility and self-awareness of my limitations to know I'm completely unqualified to have an opinion.

Right, and you read a blogpost about SSRIs so you are now an authority on the subject, certainly anything you say carries more weight than working professionals in the field of psychiatry.

And let's see how well life works out for you when you feel increasingly unfulfilled, alienated, unable to find a suitable long term partner, and eventually end up drinking yourself to death. Still planning to go back to school? Are you planning on retiring early and then realizing that it's nothing like you expected and you have nothing to do with your life. Or you could do like anyone else, keep working for decades contributing to a system you hate, the novelty and enjoyment decreasing more and more, likely fall into the lifestyle of choosing the wrong wife, having kids because you likely will change your mind due to being weak willed and still driven by strong biological impulses, especially since you're so spineless that if you do find someone to enter into a relationship with and they eventually develop baby fever you'll end up caving in, and be trapped in the same hell as almost everyone, which in your youthful naivety you'd swear to avoid. And if you leave them, odds are you may attempt to go through this cycle of new relations, but eventually you'll end up alone, completely miserable, and unfulfilled, and these were the exact fears you voiced some time ago.

Honestly, if you claim to be happy in life, I don't think you really understand what happiness is, or just how little emotion you experience compared to others.

There is absolutely nothing remarkable about you. You make money, which clearly doesn't bring you much happiness in life and isn't your main goal in life, you're intelligent, good at compsci, well read, may have some interesting things to talk about, although I doubt you have many, if any people in your life, to have deep discussions with about the things that truly matter to you, and when you to talk to others you most likely just go along with either completely mundane conversation, shallow and unfulfilling attempts at discussion where no one shares your views etc.
    But you know what? There are literally countless others like you in your relatively small geographical area. People only feel large, unique, and important because their worlds are so tiny.

Some time ago, influenced by experimentation with LSD (I recommended Stanislav grof to you) you said you felt fine with just being a cog in humanity. So go ahead and tell yourself you're okay with it, but the truth is that cogs are insignificant compared to not only the entire machine, but the far more important segments as well, and they're boring as hell. That's what you are.

If I never do get better I may just hunt you down beforehand and take you down with me. You were dumb enough to reveal your face and let me record enough (check keyring recorders on eBay, you can strip them down to their basic components and modify them to work peeking out of a coat button hole or pocket) of you to have a pretty solid composite to identify you by, along with all the other information you were either stupid or careless enough to reveal to narrow down your area to a few square blocks, which I already showed you before. Hell, maybe I'll take down any loved ones, if you have any at that point, just because I think you deserve it.

That's an awfully vitriolic attack on my person, literally a threat to murder me and people I care about, inspired by what exactly? Me telling you that you could take a more holistic approach to the treatment of mental illness? You've admitted yourself that you need learn to live with other people, do you really think this is an effective mode human interaction?
Jump to Top