User Controls

Can I get internet without having WiFi?

mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Like don't they sell usb shit that gives you data? Can I get that at Walmart? I want to be able to pay monthly like I do with my phone.

Thank you.
    Number13 African Astronaut [dispute my snotty-nosed seagull]
    You can get a mobile modem thing, pretty much a pay monthly phone but it shares the data to your devices, I've got one, it's decent but I only get 40gigs a month which is shit
    Mine is a huawei pocket hotspot e5573
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Can I get that at Walmart? How much is it?
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by mmQ Can I get that at Walmart? How much is it?

probably, you should check providers' websites for plans and prepaid rates and shit

you can also typically use your phone handset as a modem and share it's internet connection with a computer if you didn't know, usually referred to as tethering
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by aldra probably, you should check providers' websites for plans and prepaid rates and shit

you can also typically use your phone handset as a modem and share it's internet connection with a computer if you didn't know, usually referred to as tethering

Wow did this thread make me look so naive is to not know what tethering and mobile hotspots are?

Fuuuuck!!

PATRONIZER aldra!!

"echelon"

Thank you though. I just want the Walmart thing. I want INTERNET with my lappy. Haven't been able to TC in WEEKS. :(
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I have a cringe-tier phone that doesn't allow tethering and yes I've looked into the backdoors with pan's assistance but my phone just doesnt support it. Plus straight talk
    lel

I dunno about the US but typically you can buy a prepaid modem in grocery stores/newsagents/etc. here, but if you want to get it on a plan you need to go to a phone store or one of those places that sells consumer electronics like cameras and laptops and stuff
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I want to go to WALMART!!!!
    Satellites
    Originally posted by mmQ I want to go to WALMART!!!!

buy a gun instead
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by aldra lel

I dunno about the US but typically you can buy a prepaid modem in grocery stores/newsagents/etc. here, but if you want to get it on a plan you need to go to a phone store or one of those places that sells consumer electronics like cameras and laptops and stuff

Anyone else in the US confirm this for us? I've never seen a prepaid modem in a grocery store lol.
    I pay $40 a month for unlimited but my range is fucked and I hit a data cap they are fucking jedis fuck em all bnig & small
    Number13 African Astronaut [dispute my snotty-nosed seagull]
    I pay £26 every month for mine, 25 for the contract and 1 for the device until it's payed off, that's like 35$, best deal in my cuntry at least, most mobile shit doesn't go above 15 gigs but there was a christmas deal that gave me 40 for the price of 20, 20 is the highest I've seen otherwise.
    It lasts me about 25 days but then again I don't watch any youtube videos or anime anymore, 40gigs is fuck all.
    Wish I had a phone line so I could have that sweet sexy unlimited data.

Originally posted by SCronaldo_J_Trump I pay $40 a month for unlimited but my range is fucked and I hit a data cap they are fucking jedis fuck em all bnig & small

Also this is a thing to watch out for, unlimited doesn't mean unlimited to companies, I've seen an apparent unlimited one that caps at 20 gigs a month, only unlimited if you're a facebook surfing faggot.
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    Originally posted by mmQ Anyone else in the US confirm this for us? I've never seen a prepaid modem in a grocery store lol.

America's way too big bro for that shit.
    I remember the days of leaning out my window praying the wind was blowing the open public WiFi in my direction
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    I actually have a bunch of USB mobile connection devices I 'got' at RiteAid years ago. I never used them and I don't know if the service would even work.

Your best bet is to just buy a cheap prepaid Android phone that's known to be easy to root, root it, and then tether. Some prepaid providers allow tethering right out of the box, no root required.

With the low price of phones now days, this is a better option than a USB device.

California has made a law that requires photo identification to buy a prepaid phone...
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I just went ahead and bought a mobile hotspot device and 5gb's of data.
    Originally posted by mmQ I just went ahead and bought a mobile hotspot device and 5gb's of data.

You're getting ripped. You should have bought a prepaid phone and got the unlimited plan.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by SBTlauien You're getting ripped. You should have bought a prepaid phone and got the unlimited plan.

The unlimited plan is like twice as much as what I paid. This is only temporary. I don't need a lot of data.
    Originally posted by mmQ The unlimited plan is like twice as much as what I paid. This is only temporary. I don't need a lot of data.

But it includes a phone line and for a small amount more, you can get apps that allow burner numbers that you can register accounts with.

You can also leave it on 24/7 and run a hidden TOR service on it.

The phone itself has a NIC and the MAC address can be spoofed. You can connect to WIFI networks and attack other users. You can create poisoned WIFI hotspots.

They also usually have Bluetooth and NFC.

You instead went with a little USB device that has GSM capabilities...

I like phones a bit though.
Jump to Top