User Controls

Driver fleeing traffic stop causes I-40 crash.

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/driver-fleeing-traffic-stop-causes-i-40-crash/436364576

KNOXVILLE - A driver fleeing from a Knoxville police officer is charged with DUI after crashing into another vehicle.

According to KPD, the officer began the pursuit around 8 p.m. Tuesday evening after nearly being run off the road on James White Parkway near Summit Hill Drive.

The officer chased the Toyota Land Cruiser for about two miles at speeds up to 90 miles per hour before terminating the pursuit.

A couple of minutes later, 911 was notified of an accident on I-40 at Rutledge Pike. Investigators said the driver of the Toyota ran into a Honda CRV that was merging onto the eastbound side of the interstate.

The Toyota overturned, and the driver, now identified as Benjamin Jardet, 29, of Knoxville, tried to flee on foot after officers arrived, but was quickly arrested. He was charged with DUI (2nd offense) with more charges expected.

The driver of the Honda, Jennifer Peterson, 32, of Knoxville, was trapped and had to be extricated from her vehicle.

Both drivers were treated for non-life threatening injuries at UT Medical Center.
    HampTheToker African Astronaut
    Ok

Why's this relevant again?
    Not a fuckin thing. Jus sumthin to read.
Jump to Top