User Controls

horror movies

alright so what's going on with horror movies? the whole point is like "oh my god something weird and/or scary/unexplainable is happening" then like sometimes ppl die but usually the characters are yelling at each other and there's like intense emotions involved. so basically the point to watching it is to just feel tense at certain points and its just creating more stress than anything but its not drugs so you dont get high off it. so what the hell is the point of watching movies and caring about fake people's drama when i could take drugs and care about the drama of the universe?
    Yeah man...the only thing thats even actually scary bout em is jump scares and anticipation of the jump scares lol.
    I watch them because i like seeing people get killed.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    The Woman in Black was pretty spoopy. The first movie of The Ring was good as well. I like it when a horror movie comes with a nice mystery element. Last horror movie i attempted to watch was "Personal Shopper" with that bitch whore Kristen Stewart but i NOPE'd out of there as soon as she opened her mouth. After which i watched Arrival which is not a horror movie but was certainly one of the better movies i have seen in a while. On par with Interstellar although Interstellar did get a little "far out" even for SciFi near teh end. One of it's redeeming qualities was that they casted Mackenzie Foy as the daughter. Dang, she's adorable.
    what if you died and got to finally hear all the secrets of the universe and its just a bunch of gods gossiping about each other's cocktail party dresses
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    I like horror movies just because I have a dark side and because they look badass. But there are tons of weak horror movies coming out today, like "the conjuring"

I don't know like some horror movies just look weird and thats intriguing to me i guess. The first ring was good when I first saw it in theatres as a kid, but it was actually kind of a candy ass movie, I was there with a bunch of teen girls and that would scream at the jump scares and be giggling like omg dat was so scary, also the paranormal movies are terrible and are tailored to that crowd.

But the japanese movies like the original ring and the original "the grudge" were actually good because of the atmosphere like you never knew what was going to happen.

I'm also a fan of movies like hellraiser because when I was like 6 years old my mom rented the second hellraiser and bill and teds excellent adventure, when I saw the chains coming out of the cube and basically raping the woman and taking off her skin I was severely freaked out, now that I'm older It doesn't scare me I just am more so into the concept and am more afraid of "eternity in hell" and think the old skool graphix are awesome.

But yeah you're right drugs can create that same experience, like when you smoke some tech and its the kind that puts a paranoid ambience in the air and the shadow people come off as malevolent that can be pretty scary.

I saw john carpenter preform his songs with a live band backing his synth playing for my birthday and it was awesome, he had a huge screen behind him with michael meyers stabbing people lol

that and some horror movies are just funny like robe zombies movies

texas chainsaw massacre was filmed outside of austin and it actually has a history by it thats pretty crazy plus its inspired a lot of metal bands

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by AltarEgo I watch them because i like seeing people get killed.

hell yeah me too
    Originally posted by greenplastic what if you died and got to finally hear all the secrets of the universe and its just a bunch of gods gossiping about each other's cocktail party dresses

I smoked salvia once and that happened, I saw cards of everyones face in the world on them and they all fell down like dominoes and then I had the feeling a native american put a plastic bag over my face and was dunking my head in water, it was pretty scary I felt that the universe at anytime can play a huge joke on you and that was unsettling. It's stuck with me forever
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby I smoked salvia once and that happened, I saw cards of everyones face in the world on them and they all fell down like dominoes and then I had the feeling a native american put a plastic bag over my face and was dunking my head in water, it was pretty scary I felt that the universe at anytime can play a huge joke on you and that was unsettling. It's stuck with me forever

Good read
    Originally posted by Lighthouse Good read

it really scared me, i was 18 and pretty much just tripped mushrooms and smoked weed and drank so I was kinda new to the "ways of the world" it happened when my gf and I went to a park and I busted out the salvia, loaded it up in my pipe and just took a couple big hits, thinking it would be like pot, I seriously instantly freaked out and I fell inside of a puddle of water thinking it was a lake and my gf came up to me and was grabbing me and I was just babbling like a retard because her head was on a string and i thought i crashed the car ect...

aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    The Ring was actually one of the few Hollywood remakes of an Asian film that wasn't total shit.

I haven't watched much horror in a long time, but I tend to like Japanese films because like Bill Krozby said, they focus more on psychology, symbolism and atmosphere. The Eye was one of my favourites (though it's Thai or something), but the scariest movie I've seen lately wasn't even a horror film - check out The Divide for something properly disturbing.
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby it really scared me, i was 18 and pretty much just tripped mushrooms and smoked weed and drank so I was kinda new to the "ways of the world" it happened when my gf and I went to a park and I busted out the salvia, loaded it up in my pipe and just took a couple big hits, thinking it would be like pot, I seriously instantly freaked out and I fell inside of a puddle of water thinking it was a lake and my gf came up to me and was grabbing me and I was just babbling like a retard because her head was on a string and i thought i crashed the car ect…

damn yea i remember the first time i did salvia i hadnt really done many drugs yet so i was still kinda in disbelief that a substance could totally replace reality so i didnt really believe and i took a hit and held it in and the paths around me came up around me on all sides like i was in a soda can or something and then everything was like super mario 2d

also that guy in the video looks like hes having an awesome time
    Originally posted by greenplastic damn yea i remember the first time i did salvia i hadnt really done many drugs yet so i was still kinda in disbelief that a substance could totally replace reality so i didnt really believe and i took a hit and held it in and the paths around me came up around me on all sides like i was in a soda can or something and then everything was like super mario 2d

also that guy in the video looks like hes having an awesome time

he definitely had more fun than me lol, he's all drooling out but still kind of chill lol
    Just had a thought. Horror is an expansive genre. I of course enjoy a good slasher flick but psychological horror can get pretty twisty an comedy horrors are pretty good if done right.
    Originally posted by greenplastic alright so what's going on with horror movies? the whole point is like "oh my god something weird and/or scary/unexplainable is happening" then like sometimes ppl die but usually the characters are yelling at each other and there's like intense emotions involved. so basically the point to watching it is to just feel tense at certain points and its just creating more stress than anything but its not drugs so you dont get high off it. so what the hell is the point of watching movies and caring about fake people's drama when i could take drugs and care about the drama of the universe?

All movies are fake drama you fucking idiot. Your post applies to all of them, not just the horror genre.

"Drugs are better than everything so why do anything else."

Then fucking don't. Just get high all day every day. Who gives a shit.
    Originally posted by Fox Paws All movies are fake drama you fucking idiot. Your post applies to all of them, not just the horror genre.

"Drugs are better than everything so why do anything else."

Then fucking don't. Just get high all day every day. Who gives a shit.

no theres other things that are cool too that dont involve watching made up plots

and yea basically movies suck
    Ok so tell me then what's better than drugs
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    hugs
    Originally posted by Fox Paws Ok so tell me then what's better than drugs

its not a matter of there being a best thing to do and then doing that all the time, its a matter of there being a lot of good things to do, drugs being one of them, and movies being shit

good things include food, sex, physical ability (like being in shape/somewhat strong) and uhhhh i think that's about it? that's what ppl really care about, right?
    So eating, fucking, exercising, and doing drugs, that's it. Your life sounds super fun.
Jump to Top