User Controls

Official "My PMs and New Threads don't work" bump thread

Post here when you start getting either or both errors.
    It says I have 50 messages but I actually have 0
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    It says I have 50 messages but I actually have 0

You have to delete them from the recycle bin.
    EasyDoesIt Tuskegee Airman
    It says I have 50 messages but I have way less, including those in the recycle bin.
    Go into each forum and click the unsubscribe button in the upper right corner. In "My Profile", go to "Subscriptions" and set them all to "Unsubscribe".In the Message Center, delete all messages and notifications from all folders, including Inbox, Sent Items and Trash.

Problem solved.
    How about "I got better things to do". This is what secretaries are for
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    When I try to PM someone: That action could not be completed. Please try again, and if this occurs again please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Same, so let's write rap lyrics or something like real ass OG space niggas.

Blow a hole in your head, just to keep you open minded
    Sophie's lyrical wisdom is defined as truth undivided
    It sticks with you, like a loan on the contract when you signed it.
    Worth more than the gold when they mine it and refine it.

That's all i got for now.
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    I had this problem not to long ago and just waited. Now I can actually make new threads and view my PM. Apparently this is something that isn't being worked on by Lanny. I think Lanny may want to look into having someone work on these issues.
    I just sent a test PM and it worked fine.
    Bumo, not working.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    broken again,
    What_a_Kreep Tuskegee Airman
    Yo, I'm sending PM's and I don't think they are receiving them. It doesn't show up in my "sent" inbox. :( I don't know what's going on. I write the message and send it. But I don't think it actually sends.
    What_a_Kreep Tuskegee Airman
    Yo, I'm sending PM's and I don't think they are receiving them. It doesn't show up in my "sent" inbox. :( I don't know what's going on. I write the message and send it. But I don't think it actually sends.
    I just sent a test message to myself and received it OK.
    Broken again.

I think it makes sense to keep logging when this message comes up as users:

That action could not be completed. Please try again, and if this occurs again please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message

would help Lenny look at whatever logs he has as an admin and figure out what the problem is.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I guess I notice this "problem" about once a day, and if I check back after 20 or 30 minutes it's usually back to normal. I think it's pretty evident that this has been going on for everyone for quite some time now, and Lan Lan is fully aware of the issue, so this thread is rather a pointless exercise it seems to me. I think we should all just hang ourselves from our ceiling fans tbh.
    *bumps against the walls*
    I want to make a thread about some of our forum hebephiles who are like flaming faggots who can't shut the fuck up about their sexual orientation. It's really starting to piss me off. It's literally the same with homos. We get it, you take it up the ass/like little girls, amazing. Now shut the fuck up.
    It's a targeted denial of service attack.
Jump to Top