User Controls

Call Centers in India

Does anyone know why all the call centers happen to be in India? I just got off the phone with another incompetent non-English speaking handsome and well tanned individual, and it's starting to tick me off. Do they have stellar labor laws like China, or....?

I say move all the call centers to Russia. Call it 'Slav Support'.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Probably cheaper.

Also, everyone that works at Slav Support has to be a hacker clad in an Adidas hoodie that drinks vodka all day.
    RestStop Space Nigga
    Yeah those fuckers will work for a dollar a day it seems. Man fuck 'em in the ass we finessin' for the check.
    Cuz theres so many pakis there
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Dargo Does anyone know why all the call centers happen to be in India? I just got off the phone with another incompetent non-English speaking handsome and well tanned individual, and it's starting to tick me off. Do they have stellar labor laws like China, or….?

I say move all the call centers to Russia. Call it 'Slav Support'.

they're actually in cali. with migrants from india. cos we hire america.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Cheaper labor and India has structured it's entire middle and upper class into a tech and medical labor export economy as opposed to China which is heavily in manufacturing.
    Esplender Tuskegee Airman [my gynecological profit-maximising katar]
    Human life is cheap over there
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Lanny labor export economy

Lanny Bird of Courage
    ^basically
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    Originally posted by Lanny Cheaper labor and India has structured it's entire middle and upper class into a tech and medical labor export economy as opposed to China which is heavily in manufacturing.

What would you say is the United States' thing?
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Ajax What would you say is the United States' thing?

IDK, seems like our main export is intellectual property. Our financial industry is also kinda the thing keeping the world economy going. We don't really have the same mentality of structuring our society to fit economic needs as India does though, at least not directly. See unemployment issues: the market, for better or worse, demands educated labor but the forces pushing people through the education system are relatively weak, internal drive for higher income, some degree of stigma that goes with being uneducated. And even then, it's generally considered acceptable to attain education in economically sub-optimal fields. Contrast India where (I'm told) education in the humanities isn't even something most people would consider an option. Our society seems willing let people opt out of our main economic channels as long as someone says caveat emptor beforehand (which is a common marxist explanation of ghettos: a mechanism for managing labor that's no longer economically advantageous to exploit).
Jump to Top