User Controls

Can anyone else here make a better website?

kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    This one kinda sucks... just saying...
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    what's wrong with it? it serves it's purpose as a bbs fine. the only issue I have is speed, but that might just be due to location
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    The only issue I have with it is the thanks is broken I should have like 75 but it doesn't show up :( so sad so sad thoughts and prayers
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Anybody could just download a free null-routed VBul 4.0 BBS from any Tor site, then setup a free FTP server on their own box to run it, with a free dynamic DNS service to point to it.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Anybody could just download a free null-routed VBul 4.0 BBS from any Tor site, then setup a free FTP server on their own box to run it, with a free dynamic DNS service to point to it.

>Null routed vbul

I don't think null routed means what you think it means.
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    It should be optimized. Mainly I'd just like to see a user CP like on Zoklet, it was great. Along with the Zoklet smilies.

Then again, this is pretty much charity from Lanny. And considering how small the userbase is and is likely to remain, how inactive the site is and fairly low/mediocre quality most threads are, I can understand not having the motivation to improve it. I don't know how busy Lanny is, but he has admitted to being a lazy/procrastinating nigger. He needs to get stimmed up to the max and set aside a day to finally get this done, for someone of his alleged skill level IT SHOULDN'T BE THAT HARD OR TAKE THAT LONG! Unless, of course, you're either lying about your level of ability/competence or have a greatly inaccurate and inflated self-image, which I don't think is the case, so all the more reason you should be ashamed of yourself and strive to develop better habits.
    I can't embed youtube videos for one..

it takes forever to load to send a message.,

people have problems messaging me / vice versa..
    that and the thanks is broken
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    you can embed youtube videos with [video] tags

yeah it is a little slow, seems to be rather js-heavy

it's for their own good[/video]
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    It should be optimized. Mainly I'd just like to see a user CP like on Zoklet, it was great. Along with the Zoklet smilies.

Then again, this is pretty much charity from Lanny. And considering how small the userbase is and is likely to remain, how inactive the site is and fairly low/mediocre quality most threads are, I can understand not having the motivation to improve it. I don't know how busy Lanny is, but he has admitted to being a lazy/procrastinating nigger. He needs to get stimmed up to the max and set aside a day to finally get this done, for someone of his alleged skill level IT SHOULDN'T BE THAT HARD OR TAKE THAT LONG! Unless, of course, you're either lying about your level of ability/competence or have a greatly inaccurate and inflated self-image, which I don't think is the case, so all the more reason you should be ashamed of yourself and strive to develop better habits.

The database schemas for vB 3/4 are very different from 5, 3 did it the sane way everyone does, 5 crammed everything into the same table and used a type column plus some other black magic. Changing requires writing a backwards migration and some things don't even have analogs between the two. I could probably do it but it's more than a one day project unfortunately, for any programmer I imagine. It's not a terribly problem hard, it's just a horribly fiddly and tedious one. I'll probably get around to it one day beacuse I really did like zoklet's setup vB5 does blow, not just the speed but even stuff like the editor is just overly complex shit.
    >Null routed vbul

I don't think null routed means what you think it means.

I call software "null-routed" when it doesn't call home and can act as a standalone product.
    I call software "null-routed" when it doesn't call home and can act as a standalone product.

Well that's fine, but it's not what it actually means.
    you can embed youtube videos with [video] tags

yeah it is a little slow, seems to be rather js-heavy

it's for their own good[/video]

or the admin can fix it if he gave a shit, but she doesn't
    or the admin can fix it if he gave a shit, but she doesn't

^^^it really is a good meme
    Well that's fine, but it's not what it actually means.

Meanings and definitions change as the years pass. You probably weren't even born yet when the term "null routed" surfaced.
    You probably weren't even born yet when the term "null routed" surfaced.

Probably but it would be a disservice to the people who coined to the term to use it innapropriately. Besides you're one to talk, you probably were around when the term was coined yet you insist to use in a wrong manner.

Meanings and definitions change as the years pass.

That may be but if you're the only one changing the meanings and definitions no one will know what you're talking about, which defeats the purpose of communication in the first place.

Conclusion: If you're going to use technical jargon, use it well, so you don't look silly.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Y'all fucking null routed, what it's all abouted, came into the game niggaz always fucking doubted. I pouted, I whined, I whimpered and I cried, I kept and kept on arguing until my dang demise.
    [size=6]JE LELIJKE KANKER MOEDER, KUT SPECTRAL[/size]
    Sorry when i get excited i revert back to being Dutch.
Jump to Top