User Controls

Could you kill someone?

Edgelords, stay the FUCK out of this thread.

What I'm wondering is: Realistically speaking, how many of you think you could actually kill someone?

I don't mean in self defense or passion. I also don't mean would you kill someone. I'm sure we all have morals that prevent us from being little Bundys, Dhamers, and what have you.

So, how many of you could do it? Why or why not? Could you look into their eyes, watch the life slowly drain from their body - and continue?

This isn't a measure of how tuff you are, so please do not try to pathetically score some sort of internetz points. Be honest and discuss.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    I think so, the real barrier would be justifying or rationalising it to myself. In the case of self-defence, ie. a clear threat I don't think I'd hesitate much.
    Not being edgy just stating a fact. The only reason a lot if people are alive is because it's against the law for me to kill them. Honestly, if the government gave 007 style carte blanch I would have no issue in removing many. I feel like there are just some who would make the world a better place through subtraction.

If you think I'm not being sincere just think of how many others you know that have taken a sword to another human being?
    Originally posted by Dargo I don't mean in self defense or passion. I also don't mean would you kill someone.

I am clearly referring to the capacity to kill someone unprovoked. Nice answer, but please try again.
    Sure I could.

There is this inhibitor that all humans have, where their brain just locks up and says "FUCK NO", like when you're standing at a very high ledge. Did you know your finger can withstand about the same amount of pressure as a baby carrot? But your brain just won't let you bite it off like that.

It's the same way for killing in cold blood, if you are not fucking fucked up, every cell in your body will tell you to freeze and back away.

For the most part, this is for your own good. But you can push past this inhibitor with a little bit of mental strengths go ahead, try biting your finger clean off, you will see.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Dargo I am clearly referring to the capacity to kill someone unprovoked. Nice answer, but please try again.

I'll kill you.
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]
    ^ So do you mean at random then? reasons and actions follow no?

As for the op, no, probly not I don't see the situations in which it would be working out better for me arising any time soon/ever
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by Dargo I am clearly referring to the capacity to kill someone unprovoked. Nice answer, but please try again.

I was using it as an example - I feel like the thing that would make it difficult would be convincing myself that it's justified - killing something is final and irreversible so I would need to be absolutely sure. Outside of that, ie. if I were attacked and the only options were to kill or die then I don't think I'd hesitate.

If you're specifically asking whether I could kill someone for no reason, theoretically just walking up to them on the street, then no. Not even if there were no consequences.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    I think you could, Aldra. You wouldn't but you could. It is simply a matter of pushing past the edge.
    I could kill someone, but I wouldn't be able to live with myself after. I wouldn't kill myself, but I wouldn't be able to deal with the guilt, paranoia, and everything that comes with it.
    I would love to kill a girl I think is cute and then cut her into pieces. So yeah, I could kill someone. Besides that I'm a fairly nice person.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Not sure if i could do it face to face but i would have little problems doing it with a bomb.
    Originally posted by Sophie Not sure if i could do it face to face but i would have little problems doing it with a bomb.

The problem is that you don't know how to make and detonate one.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon The problem is that you don't know how to make and detonate one.

Au contraire mon frère.

Originally posted by aldra I was using it as an example - I feel like the thing that would make it difficult would be convincing myself that it's justified - killing something is final and irreversible so I would need to be absolutely sure. Outside of that, ie. if I were attacked and the only options were to kill or die then I don't think I'd hesitate.

If you're specifically asking whether I could kill someone for no reason, theoretically just walking up to them on the street, then no. Not even if there were no consequences.

This.
    EDIT: Never mind
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    definitely if someone was posing a big enough threat to my existence, business or way of life.
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon The problem is that you don't know how to make and detonate one.

You're problem is you don't know what others know but you like to pretend you know more.
    Originally posted by Sophie Au contraire mon frère.

Good answer. You will be recieving an email from an IRA recruiter shortly. DO NOT CALL HIM PADDY.
    I could and would do it. I don't think of human life as intrinsically valuable. The only thing that would stop me is the fact that I could get caught and spend my life in jail, which would fucking suck. But I have no moral concerns about it.
Jump to Top