User Controls

Who here played WoW when WoW was still cool?

Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    I started out during the times of Burning Crusade on private servers and while it was pretty cool and free i soon got bored of it because there weren't a lot of players and leveling consisted of murdering certain mobs the whole time because they gave bonus XP. It was only when my buddy said: Yeah bro come play the real deal i'll pay for the first three months and if you don't like it you can quit. Well, i didn't quit because it was actually pretty fun up until Wrath of the Lich king. Nigger i had a blood elf paladin at first but i don't like how paladin is designed as tank or healer. I wanted a DPS character so i made a blood elf shadow priest, what was cool as fuck during that time was that you could duel spec that was pretty new in those days so i opted for shadow main and discipline as alternative. It was nice because that meant i could heal in PVP and raids to some extent. Healing on a disc priest is surprisingly awesome i must say. The kicker is that when the haste stat was still a thing you could cast your main healing spell like every 0.5 seconds interspersed with penance which consists of three hits each and if you're disc spec is properly configured you have a 30% something chance of buffing your target with a shield and such on each hit which of course is awesome. Now DPS on a shadow priest is a little different than say on a rogue or mage. The main difference being is that the shadow priest has DoT damage or damage over time for all you noobs. Which don't do a lot of damage at first but quickly build up. What is also nice when leveling or raiding is that the DoTs actually also provide minor HoT effects which is healing over time. This means that the party gets healed for a percentage of their HP for every hit of damage you do, which is incentive to do as much damage as possible, with leveling as well. Because the more damage you do the better your HP is sustained therefore quite literally making the best defense a good offense. What i liked especially in the old WoW was that you had to take care of all your stats. these days for casters you just need a bunch of intellect and you're set. Back in the day it was way more involved than that.

Anyway, duringt the last months of the lich king i got so good i actually joined a top 10 guild on my server. We did numerous raids on Icecrown Citadel and even faced the Lich King on a number of occasions. Unfortunately i wasn't there when they downed him. Oh well.

Good times bros and brosephinas.
    arthur treacher African Astronaut
    I played muds like MUME instead of this garbage.

I had to quit though, because my ISP is slow as fuck, which handicaps my performance in a game where the server is located in malmo, sweden.

also I have much less time for games than I used to. It takes so much more attention than shitposting.
    I played Wow from around 04 - 08.
    I played Wow from around 04 - 08.

Noice, what class?
    Shaman (not healer) and rogue were my mains. Myself and an IRL friend moved a guild of about 60 accounts/240 tools from an overpopulated server to a new server which was reserved for a month from the general public. When we moved there were only 5 pages on the horde AH. We bought it all and by the time we put all our own shit up at our price there were over 60 pages on the AH. We all agreed on no undercutting a guild member on the AH. Which led to an economic cartel on the horde side of Farstrider that lasted for almost two years. Prices on the horde side of that server were 50% - 100% higher than on the alliance side for a long time after that.
    Shaman (not healer) and rogue were my mains.

Noice Shaman is pretty cool, that bloodlust though. Personally playing with totems never struck me as very fun though, i had a lvl 40 shaman too at some point but thought: Fuck it.

Myself and an IRL friend moved a guild of about 60 accounts/240 tools from an overpopulated server to a new server which was reserved for a month from the general public.

Kewl, before i joined the raiding guild i mentioned in the OP i had a guild of my own, social mostly but we did some raiding as well. Lots of people too it was pretty fun.

When we moved there were only 5 pages on the horde AH. We bought it all and by the time we put all our own shit up at our price there were over 60 pages on the AH. We all agreed on no undercutting a guild member on the AH. Which led to an economic cartel on the horde side of Farstrider that lasted for almost two years. Prices on the horde side of that server were 50% - 100% higher than on the alliance side for a long time after that.

Ha, nice work you racketeer.
    Related:

Best cinematic ever. I actually played Warcraft 3 as well so this was awesome.
    That was a pretty sweet trailer. But I'm afraid my dedicated gaming days are well behind me.
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    I played a bit in 2007 or so but I never had the time to spend,to busy busting my ass for shit.
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    I was never into wow but i used to work for blizzard doing customer service six years ago for wow here in atx. I quit because most of the people i worked with were neck bearded virgins, and i could make better money delivering pizzas.

im more of starcraft/diablo kinda guy

the only thing blizzard has really done for me is give me street cred so I can bang nerd chicks that worked there/ play wow

that and the free games/weed

http://imgur.com/B9yGjlW
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    I played it for a few days then stopped because I quickly realized how formulaic and unoriginal it was, what traits caused it to be so addictive for so many people.
    I played it for a few days then stopped because I quickly realized how formulaic and unoriginal it was, what traits caused it to be so addictive for so many people.
    An aspect that would be lost on you, the social aspect.
    quake 2 for the win!
    quake 2 for the win!
    I sense that you could be an OK guy if you didn't try so hard to be something your not, edgy.
    I sense that you could be an OK guy if you didn't try so hard to be something your not, edgy.

I don't try to be edgy at all.
    I don't try to be edgy at all.
    Way too hard you try...
    arthur treacher African Astronaut
    One of the developers for diablo (or diablo 2, not sure which) used MUME as a template for the PvP aspects of the game, I think they may have been sued for it, too.

I know no one cares about MUDS, but MUME has the best PvP I have ever seen.

Well, getting to level 80 at the time was quite the grind and thus not very interesting. However i used to play with my IRL buddy and we talk via VoIP while we did it so we just bullshitted around until we got to the end-game. Then it got way more interesting because the instances(Read dungeons) were surprisingly well done, you needed to know the tactics and everything because else you'd be dead. Also, getting good at your profession of choice was interesting as well because A, you could make a lot of WoW money to buy nice items and B you could craft nice items for your character. Then there was PVP. Me and my friend used to do a lot of PVP we actually got pretty good at some point.
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    An aspect that would be lost on you, the social aspect.

Oh, that's right, I don't have friends...I have...no one

Ha ha...
    Oh yeah, I don't have friends…I am…no one

Boo Hoo…

FIXT

Jump to Top