User Controls

Live Musik

mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Do you prefer it? The raw nature?
    I'm assuming you mean live versions of songs vs studio versions and not actually being at the show

Very rarely do i prefer the live versions over the studio versions. The only two bands I can think of that are better live than in studio are slayer and dimmu borgir.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    What separates the two? Why is a band better live or on album?
    I wanna see the coathangers
    Originally posted by mmQ What separates the two? Why is a bad better live or on album?

Most bands sound much different live than on album, much more so today than before. They can edit and fuck with effects and shit in the studio for an album but not when they're playing live

For most bands the change is negative but a few actually sound better live
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Hash Slinging Slasher Most bands sound much different live than on album, much more so today than before. They can edit and fuck with effects and shit in the studio for an album but not when they're playing live

For most bands the change is negative but a few actually sound better live

So if given the choice, if you could see your favorite band live and have them play all the songs identical to the studio version or them jistn doing it live come as you are , which would you prefer?
    Originally posted by mmQ So if given the choice, if you could see your favorite band live and have them play all the songs identical to the studio version or them jistn doing it live come as you are , which would you prefer?

It's different if you're actually there at the concert. I was referring to live recordings vs album versions.
    I don't like bands, I like music. The only advantage of going to a live performance is to see the band; the music itself is objectively worse live vs studio 99% of the time.

Therefore I prefer the studio versions if we're just talking about the quality
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Hash Slinging Slasher It's different if you're actually there at the concert. I was referring to live recordings vs album versions.

I know what you were referring to ThANK you. Still though answer me ?
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Fox Paws I don't like bands, I like music. The only advantage of going to a live performance is to see the band; the music itself is objectively worse live vs studio 99% of the time.

Therefore I prefer the studio versions if we're just talking about the quality

Well define quality. Studio versions are quality technucally but it could be as easy well argued quality equals rarity, which is live. :)
    Whatever sounds better to my ears
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    I never listen to live recordings, you're never going to have a better recording setup at a live event than in a studio when you can splice together like 20 different cuts.

I do go to live shows a lot. Depending on the venue the sound setup can be a lot better than anything I have access too, it's a nice way to support musicians (especially since I pay for very little of the recordings I listen to), and the group "energy" or whatever is fun, just like a bunch of people who like the same thing getting together to enjoy it. Also moshing is fun fuck the police.
    i go sometimes but public situations demand intoxication and i just dont have the time for a lot of intoxicants anymore other than weed and stuff
Jump to Top