User Controls

NISA: Moon Expedition Thread

I hereby establish the Niggas In Space Agency (NISA) because as a rowdy bunch of space niggas we are it is time we organize ourselves in our journey through the cosmos. In this thread we will be planning a manned mission to the Moon.

As Director of NISA I will be the project manager. The overview of the project is thus: We will be manning a mission to the Moon of Earth because we Space Niggas bitch. The mission will include a three week stay on mars by the scientific expedition crew.
    Project Phases:
    1. Shuttle Design
    2. Route Planning
    3. Landing on the Moon
    4. Habitat design
    5. Living on the Moon
    6. Science and experiements
    7. Leaving the Moon.

Feel free to sign up for whichever phases you will be assisting with.

In order to find out if we can do this successfully, at the end of our planning I will be scripting it into the Kerbal Space Station fitted with a mod to represent our universe. Ill screen cap the mission and upload it to youtube.

The project deadlines are shown below.
    DEADLINES:
    Sign Up: 10/7/15 (if you miss this deadline you may still contribute. I just want to know who will be working what projects)
    Phase 1: 10/8/15
    Phase 2: 10/9/15
    Phase 3: 10/10/15
    Phase 4: 10/11/15
    Phase 5: 10/12/15
    Phase 6: 10/13/15
    Phase 7: 10/14/15
    [SIZE=28px]PROJECT DEADLINE: 10/15/15[/SIZE]
    About Sign Up:

By signing up before the deadline, you will receive a place in the mission. This means that you get to go to the moon. I will name one of the astronauts in the simulation the same as your username. If you fail to sign up by the deadline you will still be able to contribute but you may not get a spot in the shuttle.

To sign up post the phases you wish to assist with use the following format and put it at the top of your first post in this thread:

thelittlestnigger
    Phases 1-7
    NISA Project Director

The first line is the name of your Crew member (should keep it the same as your username but whatever you want), the phases you want to be involved with and your desired title.

[SIZE=22px]NISA Moon Mission Crew:[/SIZE]
    1. Shuttle Design
    thelittlestnigger (NISA Project Director)

2. Route Planning

3. Landing on the Moon

4. Habitat design

5. Living on the Moon

6. Science and experiements

7. Leaving the Moon.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Good thread bruh, sign me up for every position you need someone for.
    Sounds good. Ill wait to see how many more sign ups we get before placing you. What do you want your crew title to be?

[SIZE=22px]Phase 1: Shuttle Design[/SIZE]

The first phase of the mission is designing a shuttle suitable for going from earth to the moon an back again. This phase will include considerations such as fuel, staging, etc. I think a good design would be one large ship that can make it to the moon get into orbit and come back with a medium shuttle that can get the crew to the surface of the moon and work as housing/habitation/laboratory with another small shuttle that will come back to the larger orbit ship.
    Sounds good. Ill wait to see how many more sign ups we get before placing you. What do you want your crew title to be?

[SIZE=22px]Phase 1: Shuttle Design[/SIZE]

The first phase of the mission is designing a shuttle suitable for going from earth to the moon an back again. This phase will include considerations such as fuel, staging, etc. I think a good design would be one large ship that can make it to the moon get into orbit and come back with a medium shuttle that can get the crew to the surface of the moon and work as housing/habitation/laboratory with another small shuttle that will come back to the larger orbit ship.

Lead engineer. Also:

Yaya, but if we have an orbiter around the moon, we might have trouble getting the shuttle to rendezvous with it. Consider how big a moon orbit is and consider the amount of fuel a small shuttle can carry. It's possible if we time it perfectly and the orbiter has a predictable route.
    Yo soph if you on here lets make a quick test project. A satilite to orbit the moon. Anyone else can make comments and suggestions as well.

Ill lay out the setup I got in mind and you can tell me what you think/make modifications:

Moon orbit satelite mission:

Purpose: Practice in getting a vessel to the moon. Surveying and equipment dispatch.
    Vessel Construction: How many stages? Im thinking one for blast off from earth, one for travel to moon and then any stages needed for orbit. Im thinking we could make it a refueling satellite so that we can skip the orbiter for the moon mission and have the crew lift off from mars, get into orbit refuel and be on its way.
    I nominate Bill Krozby as the test monkey for the first flight.
    Yo soph if you on here lets make a quick test project. A satilite to orbit the moon. Anyone else can make comments and suggestions as well.

Ill lay out the setup I got in mind and you can tell me what you think/make modifications:

Moon orbit satelite mission:

Purpose: Practice in getting a vessel to the moon. Surveying and equipment dispatch.
    Vessel Construction: How many stages? Im thinking one for blast off from earth, one for travel to moon and then any stages needed for orbit. Im thinking we could make it a refueling satellite so that we can skip the orbiter for the moon mission and have the crew lift off from mars, get into orbit refuel and be on its way.

Do we have unlimited resources? Because if we're making a fuel station we're going to have to bring all the fuel that the station has with it on launch. I propose we equip the satellite with a smaller robotic vessel that we equip with electrolysis gear so that we can turn lunar water ice (From the craters where the sun don't shine) into hydrogen and oxygen for fuel. And store that on the refueling station for the manned mission.

Also, stages are weight dependent, the more shit we bring the more stages we'll need, shit would include fuel.
    Do we have unlimited resources? Because if we're making a fuel station we're going to have to bring all the fuel that the station has with it on launch.

We have mostly unlimited resources but for purposes of the physics engine design has to remain reasonable. I honestly think the most feasible method of constructing a fuel station would be to create a station with the desired amount of docs. We launch the station first and have it hover in the Lagarange Point between the earth and moon and send the fuel up and dock it. We could expand on this station by sending up various bays for the craft and docking them. If we had six bays we could carry three large tanks of fuel and three crew bays.

I propose we equip the satellite with a smaller robotic vessel that we equip with electrolysis gear so that we can turn lunar water ice (From the craters where the sun don't shine) into hydrogen and oxygen for fuel. And store that on the refueling station for the manned mission.

Unfortunately this is out of the bounds of the simulation. Ill search for a mod but I haven't found anything yet that allows you to produce fuel.

Also, stages are weight dependent, the more shit we bring the more stages we'll need, shit would include fuel.

This is very much true. Not to mention the more stages you add the more fuel you consume. This is why I promote the multiple launch docking method of constructing large craft.
    We have mostly unlimited resources but for purposes of the physics engine design has to remain reasonable. I honestly think the most feasible method of constructing a fuel station would be to create a station with the desired amount of docs. We launch the station first and have it hover in the Lagarange Point between the earth and moon and send the fuel up and dock it. We could expand on this station by sending up various bays for the craft and docking them. If we had six bays we could carry three large tanks of fuel and three crew bays.

Unfortunately this is out of the bounds of the simulation. Ill search for a mod but I haven't found anything yet that allows you to produce fuel.

This is very much true. Not to mention the more stages you add the more fuel you consume. This is why I promote the multiple launch docking method of constructing large craft.

Word, i don't even know what you mean by simulation, lol. If you're doing this in a game or simulator, i need da rulez before i can help better.
    I am running a moded version of Kerbal Space Program.

Game Guide:
    http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Tutorial:Game_Manual

Mods I got:
    Realism Overhaul: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/99966-1-0-4-Realism-Overhaul-v10-4-1-2015-264
    Real Solar System: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55145-1-0-4-Real-Solar-System-v10-2-July-30
    This one I think you will like, Kerbal Operating System: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68089 DOCS: http://ksp-kos.github.io/KOS_DOC/
    How come i've never heard of this game before. That's pretty cray.
    Because you are a Hollander and all the info about it keeps getting knocked around by your windmills.
    Because you are a Hollander and all the info about it keeps getting knocked around by your windmills.

Indeed, as Hollander it is customary to keep at least 10 windmills in your tulip garden. It's pretty handy actually, i have a windmill for everything, one in which i store cheese another in which i store wooden shoes and so on. I have a dyke around my house as well.
    Dissociator African Astronaut
    Pushes 1 button for a banana another to fly the thing
    … I have a dyke around my house as well.

Butch or femme?
    Butch or femme?

Femme or i'd violently remove her from the premises.
    Femme or i'd violently remove her from the premises.
    Good, otherwise you would need another windmill to store wooden combat boots in.
    ^ I actually loled pretty hard at the wooden combat boots.
Jump to Top