User Controls

Data Science & the R programming language

Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Here is a histogram for you. And in one line too.

R is fucking efficient nigga', bretty dope for visualizing data.

General data science and R thread.

Do you know and use R? Should i invest in learning R? How useful do you think data science is when it comes to InfoSec, i mean automated intelligence frameworks like xkeyscore are pretty much a marriage of data science and InfoSec.

I think learning R would be dope, i already looked into it for a bit lol, you assign a variable with a reverse meme arrow.

var <- value

Very rebel (n_n")

Post last edited by Sophie at 2017-03-11T23:38:53.013078+00:00
    In the mean time i am going to data science the fuck out of my trip to vegas with my dopest of R programs.

# Poker and roulette winnings from Monday to Friday:
    poker_vector <- c(140, -50, 20, -120, 240)
    roulette_vector <- c(-24, -50, 100, -350, 10)
    days_vector <- c("Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "Thursday", "Friday")
    names(poker_vector) <- days_vector
    names(roulette_vector) <- days_vector

# Total winnings with poker
    total_poker <- sum(poker_vector)

# Total winnings with roulette
    total_roulette <- sum(roulette_vector)

# Total winnings overall
    total_week <- total_poker + total_roulette

# Print out total_week
    total_week
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    I have no interest in the R programming language. Also, I wrote a few small programs back when I was 21, that would check different strategies playing roulette and they all bust. In fact, they wouldn't bust if I removed a single element(like the max bet limit, the green 00s, and other things). The house wins everytime.
    Originally posted by SBTlauien I have no interest in the R programming language. Also, I wrote a few small programs back when I was 21, that would check different strategies playing roulette and they all bust. In fact, they wouldn't bust if I removed a single element(like the max bet limit, the green 00s, and other things). The house wins everytime.

Fair enough, i was thinking though that R would be a good language to gather and analyze a bunch intel, like maybe have a bot that scrapes security related blogs, forums and/or twitter accounts for certain topics. Like ransomware, figure which of the targets produce the most content related to ransomware or either provide source code and keep track of it and all that jazz. Basically just aggregate and organize intel on a subject you want to research.

plus i like the syntax, it's straightforward and efficient. And i enjoy the general feel of the language if that makes sense.
    Hysterectomies > histograms
    Originally posted by Sophie like maybe have a bot that scrapes security related blogs, forums and/or twitter accounts for certain topics. Like ransomware, figure which of the targets produce the most content related to ransomware or either provide source code and keep track of it and all that jazz. Basically just aggregate and organize intel on a subject you want to research.

There's so much shit polluting the internet and you want to start collecting it? Most of this pollution are how-to's on nocive topics. Try searching for a how-to on 'installing Ubuntu' or 'hacking' or 'android development' and you'll find a shit storm of blogs, websites, youtube videos, threads on forums, chat logs, etc, on the subject and every little variation in between. Try searching for something more advanced and you won't find too much. IMO the problem is that all these kids want to make click-pennies by writing their own blogs that contain how-to's on simple subjects that they are learning.

I advise you to not start.
    Originally posted by SBTlauien There's so much shit polluting the internet and you want to start collecting it? Most of this pollution are how-to's on nocive topics. Try searching for a how-to on 'installing Ubuntu' or 'hacking' or 'android development' and you'll find a shit storm of blogs, websites, youtube videos, threads on forums, chat logs, etc, on the subject and every little variation in between. Try searching for something more advanced and you won't find too much. IMO the problem is that all these kids want to make click-pennies by writing their own blogs that contain how-to's on simple subjects that they are learning.

I advise you to not start.

Yeah i get what you're saying but ransomware was just an example that came to mind. You could do data analysis on DBs you have collected as well. R can process data sets in a bunch of formats as well. But as far general data analytical computing goes, i am fairly confident you could do a lot of this in Python as well. Oh one more thing, when you worked with R, did you use Rstudio? I really like their IDE, you got your R shell, your package manager, global environment and a place to write your code all neatly together, the docs and related examples can be called from within the R shell. And you even have a network tab like you have with Firefox or Chrome, for when you are using a web oriented library to analyze requests and responses and such. It's very comprehensive.
    Originally posted by Sophie Oh one more thing, when you worked with R, did you use Rstudio?

I have never used R. Also, what type of databases are you talking about? This is reminding me of that thread that was about collecting info from people's facebook pages.
    Originally posted by SBTlauien I have never used R. Also, what type of databases are you talking about? This is reminding me of that thread that was about collecting info from people's facebook pages.

Oh i thought you mentioned you wrote a program with it once, the roulette program? And it can be all kinds of databases. From websites or what ever kind of database you have. It does SQL, sqlite, the XML kind and CSV format too. Was just reading about this R package actually.

https://datascienceplus.com/working-with-databases-in-r/
    Those programs were written in...Basic. That's what they use to teach the kids in high school, back in the old days. QBasic, then Visual Basic, then maybe C with Borland.
    Originally posted by SBTlauien Those programs were written in…Basic. That's what they use to teach the kids in high school, back in the old days. QBasic, then Visual Basic, then maybe C with Borland.

I must have misread.
    Originally posted by Sophie I must have misread.

Ever thought about writing your own fuzzing program?
    Originally posted by SBTlauien Ever thought about writing your own fuzzing program?

Yes i have actually. I recently wrote a tool to automate google dorking, i was considering i would add some fuzzing capabilities to it as well to make it a sort of autopwner but i released it 'as is' i might do so in the future. Results are saved to a textfile though so it's easy to process as target list with tools like SQLmap and such.
Jump to Top