User Controls

Psilocin vs Psilocybin

Cowboy2013 African Astronaut
    I just wanted to post this about when I’ve written about tripping. When I say I did X amount of mushrooms (I think 9g) that first then over 12 with the meth head because she didn’t do all of hers, I was always taking them wet and dry. Wet mushrooms are supposed to have more Psilocin and the drying process ruins a lot of it. Worse the higher the heat I think. So if I said I did 9 grams that’s the complete dry weight like 7g pulverized dry and 20g wet.

After more experience I think think it’s the psilocin that gives you the (almost) coked up wide eyed euphoria I described. Compared to doing all dry the high is kind of dull. But doing 20g wet alone to me would be nothing so it’s a combination.

Is there anyway to preserve or extract and keep psilocin?
    doesnt it just convert in the stomch
    Cowboy2013 African Astronaut
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood doesnt it just convert in the stomch

Yes but I know drying destroys the psilocin, or a lot of it that’s already present. Maybe it’s just wet they’re more potent and that’s what it is but to me it’s felt completely different. Maybe it’s other factors. I have to keep experimenting.
    Kuntzschutz African Astronaut
    Freeze drying supposedly is the only reliable way to preserve psilocin. Its more heat sensitive than air/oxidation sensitive, as long as the mushrooms arent powdered or crushed up.

Freeze drying under argon if youre worried about oxidation may help. Using a dessicant may speed up the process.

Mushrooms with larger fruit bodies seem to be more resistant to thermal decomposition of psilocin. Avoid exposure to light other than that.

Some species have more psilocin than psilocybin. The effects do seem different.
    put it in honey
    Kuntzschutz African Astronaut
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood put it in honey

Works well for psilocybin. Apparently they had mayan/aztec etc mushrooms that were still good after hundreds of years in honey.

Ive tried honey with cubensis and didnt notice a big difference in potency with storage. They were partially dried first. Should be fully dried first though
    Jeff Houston
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood doesnt it just convert in the stomch

From Wiki:

Psilocybin is rapidly dephosphorylated in the body to psilocin which acts as a 5-HT2A, 5-HT2C and 5-HT1A agonist or partial agonist.

W.e that means
    Jeff Houston
    Wasn't dried mush soaked in lemon juice a thing for a while?
    sounds unnecessary to me
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Originally posted by Jeff Wasn't dried mush soaked in lemon juice a thing for a while?

Still is.
Jump to Top