User Controls

interesting article guys

Wariat Marine/Preteen Biologist
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/04/16/domestic-abusers-jail-alternative/

The criminal justice system tends to ignore these pleas because of the contention that victims, usually women, do not know what is best for them, and that perpetrators, usually men, are irredeemable and belong in prison. These ideas undergird much of the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), a landmark bill enacted in 1994 to protect women from domestic violence. It was co-authored by President Biden while he was in the Senate and is up for reauthorization this year.
    Wariat Marine/Preteen Biologist
    she says it. it is only about race guys. just admit it.

When I started law school, I believed that the “justice” meted out through the criminal legal system was blind to things like race and socioeconomic status. I anticipated that criminal courtrooms would be filled with really evil people from all walks of life. But on my first day in court as part of a legal internship in Waco, Tex., I watched for hours as an overwhelming number of people, primarily poor and non-White, shuffled before a judge with their heads down and wrists and ankles chained together.

Through subsequent legal internships, I got the chance to work directly with a subset of those individuals: those who were charged with violent crimes, including rape and domestic violence. I was shocked to find out that none of them were evil; none of them were monsters. They were people with stories.
Jump to Top