User Controls

Sequences Of Digits

Misterigh Houston
    I have began a small program that has four tabs, each tab has four fields, each field allows any amount digits to be entered in. The program will arrange as many possibilities of strings using the digit(s) of each field within each tab(total of 24 if all four fields are not empty).

The program currently checks if any strings are in the Luhn format and reports back what sequence(s) of the fields follow that format.

I am going to make it check for sequences that match accross all tabs. I am also going to add other formats. The next format will be UPC-A.

What other formats should I add?
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    why though?
    Misterigh Houston
    Originally posted by aldra why though?

To find out.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    from the sound of it you're just manually entering data to see if it fits a pattern, in which case outside of a coding exercise it doesn't really matter what formats you search for.

if you were actually piping data from somewhere to determine whether it fits a known pattern we could possibly make recommendations on what patterns to look for based on what that data is
    Misterigh Houston
    Originally posted by aldra from the sound of it you're just manually entering data to see if it fits a pattern, in which case outside of a coding exercise it doesn't really matter what formats you search for.

if you were actually piping data from somewhere to determine whether it fits a known pattern we could possibly make recommendations on what patterns to look for based on what that data is

The data entered is from certain places. I sometimes come accross things that have multiple areas that have digits and I want to know if there is any specific format these are using.

I had to find one manually, but it used APC-A format at the end of a sequence of digits that used Luhn format.

I al building my program to determine/find these for me.
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    formyka;
    excellent
    too.dark.to.see Tuskegee Airman
    Mathematics will form patterns.

There are primes, cubes etc.

Try not to think it's metaphysical communication. It's mathematics.

Ratios and replication are not the same thing, eg, the Nautilus.
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    Than why is music so valued?
Jump to Top