User Controls

How to make Final Fantasy games more challenging?

Japan-Is-Eternal Naturally Camouflaged
    What are some ways I can go about making Final Fantasy games more of a challenge?
    I want the bloodbourne teir difficulty with these games, but they're all so simple and easy it's like an interactive movie.
    too.dark.to.see Tuskegee Airman
    Play Yakuza 6 and watch this clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_26OGnKOV1M&list=PLMPIu60iKRMrZLXgxNuNqm5yWJVh_OJVz&index=64

And for a week pretend life is good.
    Cly African Astronaut [foredate your moneyless friar's-cowl]
    Originally posted by Japan-Is-Eternal What are some ways I can go about making Final Fantasy games more of a challenge?
    I want the bloodbourne teir difficulty with these games, but they're all so simple and easy it's like an interactive movie.

You’re a fucking loser.
    Kill Yourself
    For playoen Kingdom hearts
    Originally posted by Cly You’re a fucking loser.
    Kill Yourself
    For playoen Kingdom hearts

It's 3 in the morning why are you on an obscure nobody forum spamming inane bullshit?
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Have you tried playing them only while on time off from your job?
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    eat a tenstrip of acid first
    Originally posted by Japan-Is-Eternal It's 3 in the morning why are you on an obscure nobody forum spamming inane bullshit?

I ain’t been sleep yet niggah.
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Have you tried playing them only while on time off from your job?

With FFX that would be impossible considering how long the cutscenes are and how slow the battles are, then you would have to find a save sphere ... all that would take you almost a full hour and you would get ONE battle done.
    He doesn’t have a job
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Originally posted by Japan-Is-Eternal With FFX that would be impossible considering how long the cutscenes are and how slow the battles are, then you would have to find a save sphere … all that would take you almost a full hour and you would get ONE battle done.

So FF games are accessible only to children and neets?
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country So FF games are accessible only to children and neets?

If you're a busy wage slave with very little free time there isn't any way for you to play a Final Fantasy unless you utilize save states in an emulator or the PS4's hibernation mode.
    Especially with X, that game is extremely slow and you can't skip cutscenes.
    I guess I'll just have to miss out so.
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country I guess I'll just have to miss out so.

have you played any of the FF games?
    Originally posted by Japan-Is-Eternal have you played any of the FF games?

Yes a few. I played 7, until the grinding to fight the final bosses got boring, a bunch of the game boy ones, and FF11 online.

They were a waste of time, though the music of ff7 was amazing.
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Yes a few. I played 7, until the grinding to fight the final bosses got boring, a bunch of the game boy ones, and FF11 online.

They were a waste of time, though the music of ff7 was amazing.

So then you haven't actually played the series.
    7 would be the only proper FF game you played, you should try XII (the best game in the series), X, XIII-2 and VIII.
    Oh I think I tried 8 and 13, they were really slow and boring, like a video game on valium. Even entering battle mode took like 10 seconds.
    I'm a hyperstimulated MOON PERSON, I don't have time for that
    Real gangstas play dark souls.
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Oh I think I tried 8 and 13, they were really slow and boring, like a video game on valium. Even entering battle mode took like 10 seconds.

Exactly, that's why these games aren't accessible to wage slaves.
    It always surprised me that such games would be made by the Japanese, considering how little free time they have and keep in mind that FF really took off on the PS1 and PS2, back when there was no suspend/resume feature.
Jump to Top