User Controls

chemistry? question

this seems simple and maybe i'm just retarded but idk. i remember trying to "clean" dirty meth with a trick some meth head told me once. you dissolve the meth in a very small amount of water and heat the water out of it slowly with a lighter, so that you vape the water away but the meth remains. i remember getting the water/meth solution too hot while trying this trick out and smelling the meth (or a cut maybe?) start to vaporize out of the pipe. you could see the vapors too, it looked different than just water steam.

dmt vaporizes at a lower temperature than meth. how then, is it possible that while making ayahuasca or extracting dmt, people are able to boil the liquid for hours without the dmt vaporizing out?
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    I'm no chemist but it would depend on what they used to cut the meth with. We don't really get meth, we get amphetamine paste, and it's a paste because they store it in Methyl Ethyl Ketone. In sloppy squishy bricks. So since MEK is pretty volatile you can dissolve a bunch of paste in water then boil the water and any other volatiles off. You turn the heat way down during the last stretch. At some point you're going to end up wih so little water that the amphetamine just starts crashing out of solution. You end up with a very nice fine powder.
    bigthink victim of incest
    woahhh haha been a while since I read MEK.

that shit is INSANELY volatile. burns crazy hot.

i remember standing beside someone while working with it and his coat sleeve just started disappearing for about 2-3 seconds before he/we realized he was on fire.

it burns completely clear.

I didn't know it was used in amp paste though. that's pretty knarly
    Originally posted by bigthink woahhh haha been a while since I read MEK.

that shit is INSANELY volatile. burns crazy hot.

i remember standing beside someone while working with it and his coat sleeve just started disappearing for about 2-3 seconds before he/we realized he was on fire.

it burns completely clear.

I didn't know it was used in amp paste though. that's pretty knarly

Lmfao, when i am too lazy to boil it off i just light piles of paste on fire.
    Now that you mention it, i am pretty sure they dilute it with methanol, it burns a dull blue.
    Originally posted by Sophie Lmfao, when i am too lazy to boil it off i just light piles of paste on fire.

dirtiest hotbox of all time.

brb gonna hit that paste brick
    Originally posted by bigthink dirtiest hotbox of all time.

Wish i had a paste brick. Tell you what if you happen to be in the area, i'll buy some off you on the real.
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    Originally posted by bigthink dirtiest hotbox of all time.

dis nigga right here dis nigga right here

str9 gully
    WellHung Black Hole
    It's because of the placebo effect. You need to isolate the independent variable.
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III this seems simple and maybe i'm just retarded but idk. i remember trying to "clean" dirty meth with a trick some meth head told me once. you dissolve the meth in a very small amount of water and heat the water out of it slowly with a lighter, so that you vape the water away but the meth remains. i remember getting the water/meth solution too hot while trying this trick out and smelling the meth (or a cut maybe?) start to vaporize out of the pipe. you could see the vapors too, it looked different than just water steam.

dmt vaporizes at a lower temperature than meth. how then, is it possible that while making ayahuasca or extracting dmt, people are able to boil the liquid for hours without the dmt vaporizing out?

dangit ive derailed your genuine post.

your question makes sense.

if it's true that dmt boils at a lower temp than meth, and it's boiled for hours, than something fucky is definitely going on or it's not true.

if it's true I'm guessing that either the vapor enters a reflux condensor, or there's a passive binder added thatll absorb the dmt before it's boiling point.

or maybe they're so high they left the burner on lol
    Ghost Black Hole
    boiling isn't enough to destroy it or vaporize it.

I don't know how that extraction is supposed to work because meth dissolves in water and so do the impurities and cuts usually so you aren't really getting rid of them
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III this seems simple and maybe i'm just retarded but idk. i remember trying to "clean" dirty meth with a trick some meth head told me once. you dissolve the meth in a very small amount of water and heat the water out of it slowly with a lighter, so that you vape the water away but the meth remains. i remember getting the water/meth solution too hot while trying this trick out and smelling the meth (or a cut maybe?) start to vaporize out of the pipe. you could see the vapors too, it looked different than just water steam.

What does meth have to do with this? DMT boils at 160C, water at 100C.
    Big League Jew Tuskegee Airman
    DMT boils at 160C, meth books at 170C, water books at 100C. Don't use a lighter like a fuckin chuango, of course you'll overheat it and boil both things.
    GAAAAALM African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Misguided Russian What does meth have to do with this? DMT boils at 160C, water at 100C.

Boil =/= vaporization.
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Boiling is the rapid vaporization of a liquid
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiling
    GAAAAALM African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiling

Doesnt make it the vaporization point.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporization

DMT begins vaporizing before the boil point.
    Kuntzschutz African Astronaut
    DMT has a lower boiling point but it's less volatile in solution and in the jungle they have a fuckton of it, it's also often mixed with other things. Not all shamans use a lot of DMT, some use a lot less than others in their brews. I saw this one show where a documentary film maker, I think he was british possibly, went over to the amazon basin area and tried to get a shaman to brew the stuff up so he could get a ayahuasca experience, but he wasn't satisfied that he wasn't quite tripping balls, so he found a younger shaman that put enough DMT in it and he started talking to invisible snakes and such. Even if some of the DMT is boiled off, it'll be a very small amount and the MAOI would make up for it if done correctly.
    WellHung Black Hole
    OP I wanna fuxk ur mom.
Jump to Top