User Controls

Fake meth aka N-Isopropylbenzylamine

Kuntzschutz African Astronaut
    It seems lots of so called "ice" out there is actually just the fake stuff.

https://imgur.com/gallery/E12Rb

==========Proper Identification of n-isopropylbenzylamine==========

Identifying the product should be the first thing you do before you make a purchase, however not every transaction allows you to test it. Always try to meet your dealer in your house or his and tell him you need to test it out. He should be cool with it unless he knows it's bunk, then he'll usually get defensive, make excuses and attempt to leave. In that case, good. You saved your time because you won't want it anyways. Testing your meth isn't really as hard as everyone thinks. Here are six methods to determine if what you are about to buy or have just bought is ISO:

**Visual Test**
    Not the easiest to perfect, but very effective once you do. ISO crystals have a distinct growth to them. They're elongated and have flat straight sides, not jagged like a mountain. Similar to french fries or a rail-road tie or a fence post, rectangular. You get it. They're also cloudy and white with a few see-through clear spots in them. Meth shards as I'm sure you know, are clear and sparkle and have small spots of impurities that appear as cloudy spots. The real meth shards will be jagged and very few straight flat sides. They're all different unique shapes kind of like small ice bergs or shards of glass… Yeah, sometimes they can be longer like the ISO pieces but they're generally not, plus the majority of ISO crystals are long and flat so it's real easy to tell them apart if you know what to look for. If you dump a bag of ISO out on a table or a plate and look at it eye level you can see how they're all pretty much the same height and square. Stay away from that when you're trying to buy some.

**Crush Test**
    This is an easy but effective test to determine if you have ISO. Take out a crystal about the size of a kernel of popcorn. Put it on a hard surface then press the flat pad of your index finger onto the crystal with just a little more pressure than it takes to pick it up by having it stick to your finger for a moment. This usually causes it to break if its ISO. But if it doesn't, don't stop and think its real. Go ahead and press harder until it gives. Real meth will take some force to crack, if you're even able to break it like that. The key is to see how it breaks, ISO crystals are more brittle than meth which cause them to crumble by putting a little pressure on it. Some of it will turn into powder, or dust (hence the street name, dust) and other parts turn into pieces about the size of a grain of rice. A meth shard wont do that. It will break in half or maybe thirds depending on where the pressure is focused on the crystal's surface and existing fracture lines. Another easy way is by just pinching it between your thumb and index finger pretty hard. The same rules apply, if it crumbles into pieces it's ISO, if it doesn't break at all or in half then you've most likely found some legit meth. But use other tests to be positive before consuming. You can combine both of these methods together while in your dealers presence for a discreet little test. You can take a crystal out of the bag using your fingers to pinch it pretty hard. Then just place it in your palm or preferably a hard surface and look at the results. To the dealer it'll look like you're just examining or admiring the shard. If it survives, test it again by picking it up using the first crush test method and place back into the bag, observing the end result. Make sure when you pick it up using pressure, you actually try to break it. The resulting pieces really make the determination of the test. This is one of the best and easiest ways, plus it's also pretty discreet. So remember, "If it easily breaks its usually fake, If there is no dust, to buy you must."

**Taste Test**
    There are two ways you can taste the crystals to tell if it's fake. The first one is the ideal, safer method. The other is a last resort that we shouldn't ever need to use. It's pretty basic, you just grab a tiny crystal, smaller than the piece you would use for bleach test. Then crush it and put your finger in the powder and place on the front of your tongue. If the powder tastes bitter but takes a couple of seconds to really taste it then its most likely fake. But if it travels through your whole mouth and you taste it real quickly as it mildly numbs your tongue and you feel the urge to spit it out…its real meth. It's super bitter and you'll know it immediately once it hits your tongue.

**Liquefy Test**
    Obviously all smokers know about crack back and most of them know how to read it. For those who don't,here is a quick note. You need to pay attention to how long it takes for the shards to melt into a puddle, once they've melted smoke will form. Now take the flame off and pay real close attention to how long it takes fort he puddle to turn into a solid chunk at the bottom of the bubble. That's the difference. See the nice thing about ISO is that it has a different melting point. Obviously a different crack back pattern, but you can just ignore that for now. It's not even needed. ISO melts at 200 degrees Celsius while meth melts at 175 degrees Celsius. Smokers should notice this right away, it takes longer to melt down, in fact it barely does. Then when you remove the flame from the glass, it will crack back within seconds, almost immediately. Decent quality meth will crack back in about 4-8 seconds. Cut up meth takes about 7-15 seconds and beyond that…ugh.

**Drawback Test** (for IV users)
    If you prefer to bang your meth, here's a pretty simple test for you. Grab your spoon/cooker, a clean rig in case it's real, clean cottons and sterile water. Weigh out a point (100 mg) of the suspected ISO and put it into the spoon keeping it in crystal form. Now draw up exactly 20 units of water. Add the water to the crystals. The smaller pieces will dissolve pretty easy but you'll need to use the orange cap to crush up and stir the mixture to turn it into a completely liquid solution. Now all the chunks are gone and it looks clear and kind of syrupy or like thin gel. Add the cotton and draw up the solution through it, remembering to squeeze out the cotton to get every last unit. It will draw up eventually, (using 31 g) slower than water but not molasses. Now push all of the air out and look how much solution is now in the syringe. If it's 29-31 units, sorry but go ahead and toss it out, it's isopropylbenzylamine. If this test had totally different results then it's definitely not ISO and maybe either legit meth or some other cut. Meth should double the amount being drawn back.

**Bleach Test**
    This is a somewhat controversial method but if you look for one characteristic it's clear wether it's meth or not. First get a shot glass or similar glass container (baby food jar) and fill with bleach, Then take a BB sized crystal from the bag and drop it in the glass. Now the most important part is the oily spot created on the surface when the real meth dissolves. If you see that then you know that you have real meth. If it just sinks to the bottom, doesn't dissolve, breaks apart a little, moves around the glass or most importantly leaves no oily whitish patch on the surface, you know its some fake garbage. Most people have witnessed meth to "dance around" a bit, so don't think it's fake just because of that, the key here is the oily spot on the surface of the bleach.

Too bad there's not more of the p2p stuff. Lots of iso cut with D isomer. For whatever reason, the old p2p stuff, even though technically less "potent" gives a better high.
    Does this stuff notbwork or what
    It works, it feels similar to methamphetamine, but way less enjoyable and with way more side effects, especially heart and lung effects.

Best to stay away from it but with so much of the "ice" out there being this fake crap, it's hard to do. I'd point this out to people as a means of harm reduction.

We need more US based labs, large ones, or a shitload of smaller ones. I can't think of anything else that would combat the problem. The media goes on and on about the potency, but they're not testing every sample out there. If they were, they'd know a lot of it is this ISO crap and often times cut with it. Like I said about D isomer, even if you aren't getting the fake stuff, D isomer being more potent doesn't necessarily mean it's more enjoyable.

So people who started doing "ice" or "meth" after the early 80s likely won't know the difference. The p2p stuff was better for sex and just all around more enjoyable.
    I examined my ice but tbh I kinda skinmed what you wrote and didnt read it all. SWIM can upload his dope if you think you have a better eye than him, but he had a .6g shard and crushed it doing this but didn't really know what to think
    it's pretty easy to pick out once you've done enough of it. it has a certain look and feel
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    This might have been what I came across a few months ago. Fortunately i didnt pay for it it was just a random tweaker giving it to me for a couple dollars that he NEEDED. meh so I guess I did pay for it lol. He was of course long gone. It definitely looked and broke up like shards but when I tries melting it in a pipe it literally didnt melt. At all. It just stayed there in "crystal form." Regardless I just ended up laughing and throwing it away. I think I snorted a small line and got nothing out of it.
    There's some more shit, which may not be the iso stuff. According to this report, "cold cook" methods don't actually produce meth according to tests of the samples, but people are buying the shit out of it thinking that it's meth.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3144468/

Interesting article
Jump to Top