User Controls

A pipe is objectively superior to a joint

Common De-mominator African Astronaut
    Joint = burning plant material (and paper) drawn directly

Pipe = burning plant material drawn directly

I've seen no difference in quality of smoke between a joint and a pipe.

Also rather than rolling blunts I just put tobacco in my weed bowl.
    and yet the social convention is to view joint smokers as more casual users. this is a sick fucked up world
    i mean can we also say that bongs are objectively superior to pipes?

pipe = burning plant matter
    bong = same thing but slightly enhancemented (maybe)
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III i mean can we also say that bongs are objectively superior to pipes?

pipe = burning plant matter
    bong = same thing but slightly enhancemented (maybe)

No because you're sacrificing portability by taking up a bong. In the case of joint vs pipe you don't give up any portability, just having to roll a joint.
    Originally posted by Common De-mominator No because you're sacrificing portability by taking up a bong. In the case of joint vs pipe you don't give up any portability, just having to roll a joint.

whenever they figure out quantum teleportation i will invent a bong that quantum teleports your weed into a really cold body of water, then when the smoke drifts to the top of the enclosure(through the water) it will be teleported back to your smoking device

this will get around the need to sacrifice portability. another opeion is to get a little bong, mine is like the 3/4 the height of a beer bottle and i take it places sometimes
    there is also one other factor to be considered in the pipe vs joint debate, one that is often overlooked. when you smoke a joint, the smoke from the first hits you take from the joint has to travel through the rest of the joint for you to hit it. so technically, as you get to the end of a joint, the hits get stronger because you're then smoking plant material and also residual resin from the part of the joint that has already been burned
    larrylegend8383 Naturally Camouflaged
    science
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    Joint or bong.
    Helladamnleet African Astronaut [impartially tyrannize that lentinus]
    Originally posted by Common De-mominator Joint = burning plant material (and paper) drawn directly

Pipe = burning plant material drawn directly

I've seen no difference in quality of smoke between a joint and a pipe.

Also rather than rolling blunts I just put tobacco in my weed bowl.

Joints have side burn, so if you don't care about wasting a little weed they're fine.

The only downfall I see to using a pipe is they get dirty, but it takes 30 seconds and 20 cents worth of material.

Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III and yet the social convention is to view joint smokers as more casual users. this is a sick fucked up world

I think it's more that they casually smoke than smoke casually. Like, any situation just have that J ready to spark up kinda casual, not, like, every once in a while casual.
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III whenever they figure out quantum teleportation i will invent a bong that quantum teleports your weed into a really cold body of water, then when the smoke drifts to the top of the enclosure(through the water) it will be teleported back to your smoking device

this will get around the need to sacrifice portability. another opeion is to get a little bong, mine is like the 3/4 the height of a beer bottle and i take it places sometimes

Nigga we living in the future!

Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III there is also one other factor to be considered in the pipe vs joint debate, one that is often overlooked. when you smoke a joint, the smoke from the first hits you take from the joint has to travel through the rest of the joint for you to hit it. so technically, as you get to the end of a joint, the hits get stronger because you're then smoking plant material and also residual resin from the part of the joint that has already been burned

That could be a downside since it would corrupt the flavour for sure.
    Originally posted by Helladamnleet

This seems like a terrible idea but I can't quite say why.
    Originally posted by Common De-mominator This seems like a terrible idea but I can't quite say why.

It seems like it would spill/get your weed wet. I've seen them in action and you gotta flair around like a retarded Michael J Fox to get it to spill.
    Originally posted by Helladamnleet It seems like it would spill/get your weed wet. I've seen them in action and you gotta flair around like a retarded Michael J Fox to get it to spill.

Yeah and just doesn't seem like enough contact volume for it to do anything, plus I don't know how the smoke is actually supposed to bubble through the water... Wouldn't it just pass over with a straight on design like that? Even if you angle it down, you can't cover it with water or it would fall it.

Someone should make a sweet U shaped bubbler pipe
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    I picked up one these a few months ago and like it alot.

http://www.vitalisvapor.com/
    Total temp control.can even vape shrooms.
    Originally posted by Common De-mominator Yeah and just doesn't seem like enough contact volume for it to do anything, plus I don't know how the smoke is actually supposed to bubble through the water… Wouldn't it just pass over with a straight on design like that? Even if you angle it down, you can't cover it with water or it would fall it.

Someone should make a sweet U shaped bubbler pipe

The tube close to the bowl has another tube inside of it, so the opening to the bigger tube is close to the bowl. I can draw a picture if I have to
    Originally posted by Helladamnleet The tube close to the bowl has another tube inside of it, so the opening to the bigger tube is close to the bowl. I can draw a picture if I have to

I think I kinda get the principle. Outer tube has hole on lower end, way below the opening of the inner tube. The vacuum from your mouth forces the smoke out the inner tube, through the bottom of the outer tube, then into the water chamber, where presumably a similar system is used to draw it into your mouth without water getting through. You probably have to tilt it over in opposite directions to get the water to spill that way.

That could be a decent idea if they find a way to prolong contact with the water, because otherwise it's still pointless.
    Originally posted by Common De-mominator I think I kinda get the principle. Outer tube has hole on lower end, way below the opening of the inner tube. The vacuum from your mouth forces the smoke out the inner tube, through the bottom of the outer tube, then into the water chamber, where presumably a similar system is used to draw it into your mouth without water getting through. You probably have to tilt it over in opposite directions to get the water to spill that way.

That could be a decent idea if they find a way to prolong contact with the water, because otherwise it's still pointless.

Yeah, would work better if it was, like, a sherlock
    I bought a bong that was all tube. Shitty China glass broke though. They should make a small bubbler like that. It would probably get dirty as shit on the inside but it would maximize water contact, just a bowl leading into a solid block of glass pipes. You have to draw the smoke all the way through the pipe, so it has max contact.
Jump to Top